Changes coming to Bills front office?

Belichick is a great coach and a great GM. The Bills fans who try and insist he is just a hoodie with the GOAT at QB are deluding themselves.

On topic.... Leroi saying there is nothing in this is interesting. He doesn't quite bat 100 but he has a pretty good record of accuracy on this board.

john murphy said it was fake news too. Cant believe people still believe jlc. If they were gonna get rid of whaley it would have been at the end of the year.

From what ive seen it wasnt just whaley that didnt get along with marrone, it was monos, brandon, many players, and im sure many more so not sure i would blame whaley for that.

The arguing with rex was over the qb situation. Rex wanted tyrod so he could win meaningless games to save his job. Whaley was looking to the future to help the franchise. Once again i will take whaley side there as well.

Also belicheck is a good gm but makes plenty of bad moves as well, just like every gm in the league.

Edited by Pbomb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF it is true that Whaley is about to be fired, then the organization should trade as many of this year's draft picks as it can for picks next year. It would be an absolute mess having a lame duck GM and his lame duck scouting organization leading this year's draft. Everyone on the staff will already have checked out and there is no possible way that Coach McDermott has thoroughly scouted all of this year's prospects.

Again, IF this is true, it is the worst nightmare for the organization. All drafts are extremely important and this one may become an unmitigated disaster.

IF it is true that Whaley is about to be fired, then the organization should trade as many of this year's draft picks as it can for picks next year. It would be an absolute mess having a lame duck GM and his lame duck scouting organization leading this year's draft. Everyone on the staff will already have checked out and there is no possible way that Coach McDermott has thoroughly scouted all of this year's prospects.

Again, IF this is true, it is the worst nightmare for the organization. All drafts are extremely important and this one may become an unmitigated disaster.

We experienced this with Butler leaving after 2000 draft

REALLY?

You link to an article then say that the info in it is not correct.

Then you tell ME to go find articles written by RoDICK who happens to be real objective on all things Bills.

You are part of a witch hunt plan and simple. There is no reasoning with the bunch of you because you've already pulled out your torches and pitchforks.

Happy Hunting

doesn't matter who wrote it. you had asked for the photo. the photo was attached to that story with that link. try and grow up some here, no one has pitch forks or torches. I myself haven't said much about him other than he is on thin ice, as he should be. you want to praise him, glorify him or kiss his feet, have at it. don't cry when someone has a different or opposite view then you have. you asked for the photo, you got it now quit your bitching about it and move on.

Well Buddy Nix was put out to pasture after the draft. If something is going to happen I assume it would follow the same time frame. We will see what happens come May.

we had our future GM waiting in the wings. We don't have that at the moment. Whaley should have,and deserves another year. He had added good talent to this roster. We Need a coach/culture to take over from there. I hope to God McD is the man

Bill B's last couple of acquisitions off the top of my head were Gilmore, Cooks, Long, Bennet, Ealy, All 5 of those guys would start on the Bills.

that group would start on MOST teams. But seriously, who can say that this off-season was not a departure from the Pats "norm"? And speaking of the draft,Billicheat hasn't dominated. He has as many misses as the next guy,imo

that group would start on MOST teams. But seriously, who can say that this off-season was not a departure from the Pats "norm"? And speaking of the draft,Billicheat hasn't dominated. He has as many misses as the next guy,imo

....I'd take his "misses" along with his "hits", a/k/a FIVE Lombardis...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

doesn't matter who wrote it. you had asked for the photo. the photo was attached to that story with that link. try and grow up some here, no one has pitch forks or torches. I myself haven't said much about him other than he is on thin ice, as he should be. you want to praise him, glorify him or kiss his feet, have at it. don't cry when someone has a different or opposite view then you have. you asked for the photo, you got it now quit your bitching about it and move on.

SEE there you go. Now you are making up **** about ME.

PLEASE point out ANYWHERE on the internet where I have sung Whaleys praises. PLEASE. I NEVER have.

However, listening to people make up crap or repeat other peoples made up crap is sickening.

Some of you need to put on your BIG PANTS and grow up.

The world is not black and white, good and bad. There is no easy answer to solving the Bills football woes.

You act like if we just find THE witch and do away with them, we will live happily ever after.

If McD does not have a good year - HE will be next on your list.

Bills still yet to blacklist lacanfora who started it all, though. Someone is feeding him info, fake or not.

AGREE - it is not like he is smart enough to make this **** up or anything...

Yeah, he keeps embarrassing the organization

...once. :doh:

Belichick hasn't exactly rocked the NFL with his draft picks and free agent signings, has he? Brady = Hoodie GM skills.

As for your other question, it drives me up a wall when people work themselves up over what is mostly rumors and falsehoods. But when you have a group who have their minds made up about Whaley, anything negative is taken as gospel. It's tiresome.

Take Common's comment "... he keeps embarrassing the organization." Take one event and refer to it as multiple issues. That's jedi mind voodoo.

Wow..

You need to educate yourself on his draft picks.

Bills still yet to blacklist lacanfora who started it all, though. Someone is feeding him info, fake or not.

What isn't fake news is their record.

What isn't fake news is that the Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb for over twenty years.

What isn't fake news is that the Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 consecutive years in a system designed for parity.

Don't be distracted from the reality of the situation. It's the product on the field and the dismal record.

What isn't fake news is that the Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb for over twenty years.

What isn't fake news is that the Bills have not made the playoffs in 18 consecutive years in a system designed for parity.

Don't be distracted from the reality of the situation. It's the product on the field and the dismal record.

Those statements are true. So what you are asserting is that since those statements are true, so is EVERYTHING else LaConjecture writes?

Is that what you are saying?

SEE there you go. Now you are making up **** about ME.

PLEASE point out ANYWHERE on the internet where I have sung Whaleys praises. PLEASE. I NEVER have.

However, listening to people make up crap or repeat other peoples made up crap is sickening.

Some of you need to put on your BIG PANTS and grow up.

The world is not black and white, good and bad. There is no easy answer to solving the Bills football woes.

You act like if we just find THE witch and do away with them, we will live happily ever after.

If McD does not have a good year - HE will be next on your list.

not my list. I have no list. just a fan who speaks out his views, like you.

you seem to be the one to have issues with those who are objective towards the GM or any other member of the FO based on the post below.

you may not be doing any praising but your defense could be taken as such therefore why I said you can kiss his feet for all I care.

you need to put on your big boy pants, you rant and rave like a kid

it seems as shown in the quote below, you are offended by the opposition, well, too bad if you can't take the ragging, move on then.

they all will get criticized until the team succeeds whether from here or the media, so deal with it.

How enlightening I didn't realize that Rex was gone...

The designated targets (Whaley, Brandon, "fill in name here", etc.) will be ragged about even long after they gone. Once targets, it will not matter what they do, they will be attacked until they are gone.

Maybe it is not so much what those folks have done or are doing that is WRONG. Maybe it is just that the Pitt Bulls must ALWAYS be RIGHT.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

The weight of the drought is forcing decisions to change paths at an increasing frequency. If Whaley is fired after 3 seasons, it will still be true that the Bills haven't made the playoffs for 20 years when the next GM arrives. Unless the new guy comes in with some magic, 2 years from now many here will be calling for his and McDermott's head. Might be even faster if the new guy came in this year and drafted one of these QBs and they flop.

My opinion is that Whaley is a good scout/talent evaluator who in 3 years has built at least a team that is competitive almost every week. Memory is fleeting, but try to remember how bad the tea was when Whaley inherited it - they were not even competive in many games - roster practically devoid of NFL talent. The roster is better now, even though it took a step back trying to get Rex his kind of players.

If Whaley is fired, I can live with it, but don't expect the next guy to have a magic formula for finding a good QB and to have the ability to build a roster when there are 3 head coaches in 4 years (I think that is right: Marrone, Rex and now McDermott).

For those arguing that Whaley can't get along with coaches, it sure seems like Rex had a lot of influence on the draft choices of the last two years. Doesn't seem like Rex and Whaley had a big rift.