Don't Sleep on Listenbee

Zyg13

Unfort I highly doubt Listenbee makes the team let alone has a breakout season but I''d love to be proved wrong

Though on the basis on whom we just signed at WR recently

A breakout season amounts to about 25 receptions

That would actually be a whole 9 more than the incredible talented Andre Holmes had last season

Exciting...

jc

He may also replace him in durability issues? We need slower, bigger wr's who can sustain hits and play every week.

It is possible, but I don't want to label him mr glass without him atleast stepping on the field. He did run a 4.38 40 or whatever with double sports hernia so he could be tough. I don't know if he was injury prone in college or not, but if he wasn't then we should give him a chance to prove himself

Listenbee played a really simple offensive package at TCU . He ran only a few routes.....and got by with his speed against slower defenders. Now, with the pro's, that tactic won't work. He will need to learn moves and a complex offense. I look to him to be practice squad material really while he learns his trade. Same would have happened last year imho. the physical skills are good, but not great. I read on this message board that Listenbee was as fast as Goodwin. I don't think so, his 4.39 will not stay with Goodwin at 4.23 (I think it was ). Still, a low round draft choice healthy again, we can hope.

Listenbee played a really simple offensive package at TCU . He ran only a few routes.....and got by with his speed against slower defenders. Now, with the pro's, that tactic won't work. He will need to learn moves and a complex offense. I look to him to be practice squad material really while he learns his trade. Same would have happened last year imho. the physical skills are good, but not great. I read on this message board that Listenbee was as fast as Goodwin. I don't think so, his 4.39 will not stay with Goodwin at 4.23 (I think it was ). Still, a low round draft choice healthy again, we can hope.

He ran that 40 with a double sports hernia, not exactly a fair comparison. Listenbee was also a track star, I read that he ran a 100m (which is 110 yards) dash in 10.09, that's damn fast and he is 6'1" which would make him a taller Goodwin too

Edit: Apparently it was 10.04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Mews50JyQ

Edited by Bray Wyatt

I'm still not sure why he was out the whole year. He had "hernia" repair bilaterally a year ago. Toward the end of the season, he had a "metal plate" put in his pelvis, per him.

The training camp starts many months after his hernia surgery. Why couldn't he play?

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/02/03/buffalo-bills-kolby-listenbee-ready/

It was also discovered that Listenbee was dealing with hip instability from a hit he endured while at TCU.

“I had a play at TCU where I injured it and my tailbone was hurting, it shot through my tailbone and my pelvis was shifting, getting shot up,” Listenbee said of his hip injury. “Each game kind of like made it worse.”

In December, he had hip surgery to repair it and said that he would return in 2017 — healthy.

I'm still not sure why he was out the whole year. He had "hernia" repair bilaterally a year ago. Toward the end of the season, he had a "metal plate" put in his pelvis, per him.

The training camp starts many months after his hernia surgery. Why couldn't he play?

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/02/03/buffalo-bills-kolby-listenbee-ready/

It was also discovered that Listenbee was dealing with hip instability from a hit he endured while at TCU.

“I had a play at TCU where I injured it and my tailbone was hurting, it shot through my tailbone and my pelvis was shifting, getting shot up,” Listenbee said of his hip injury. “Each game kind of like made it worse.”

In December, he had hip surgery to repair it and said that he would return in 2017 — healthy.

So he waited a whole year to fix his pelvis? Why wait until the end of your rookie season when you are just hanging out doing nothing all season?

Edited by Mr. WEO

So he waited a whole year to fix his pelvis? Why wait until the end of your rookie season when you are just hanging out doing nothing all season?

Well he wasn't eligible to come back until week 7, and by the time he got caught up on the offense and would make any contribution he probably wouldn't been able to play last year anyway, not that big of a deal as it looks like he should be good to go and he likely wont be behind any of the other receivers learning the offense this year as it is new to everyone.

I do wish he had a chance to learn some route running techniques from Sanjay Lal but hopefully Watkins can help teach him what he learned in that regard

Well he wasn't eligible to come back until week 7, and by the time he got caught up on the offense and would make any contribution he probably wouldn't been able to play last year anyway, not that big of a deal as it looks like he should be good to go and he likely wont be behind any of the other receivers learning the offense this year as it is new to everyone.

I do wish he had a chance to learn some route running techniques from Sanjay Lal but hopefully Watkins can help teach him what he learned in that regard

I have no doubt the guy is gonna be fast....really fast.

need to see him actually run a route and catch a ball....he will impress me immediately if he actually comes back and FIGHTS for a ball in the air....would already make him better then Goodwin

I feel like we always have guys like this, Easley, Goodwin being the most recent examples. Guys that will make one or two plays a season instead of one or two plays a game. I hope we get Mike Williams in the first round.

I feel like we always have guys like this, Easley, Goodwin being the most recent examples. Guys that will make one or two plays a season instead of one or two plays a game. I hope we get Mike Williams in the first round.

So we can have another person with injury concerns? I apologize if there was sarcasm there it is hard to tell on this board

I have no doubt the guy is gonna be fast....really fast.

need to see him actually run a route and catch a ball....he will impress me immediately if he actually comes back and FIGHTS for a ball in the air....would already make him better then Goodwin

Agreed, I am not here trying to make him better than he is, just that he certainly has the things that aren't teachable. Just wish he was able to get a year of NFL coaching under his belt, I think that is where he would benefit the most

Im pulling for him, but very few 5th round WR's end up making a big difference in the NFL. Plus I'm not sure the reason for our limited passing game was lack of open receivers anyway.

But the kid has the cocky, can-do attitude that receivers need to win against NFL corners. Maybe he will defy the odds.

Meanwhile, get me a solid #2 WR in the draft please.

Im pulling for him, but very few 5th round WR's end up making a big difference in the NFL. Plus I'm not sure the reason for our limited passing game was lack of open receivers anyway.

But the kid has the cocky, can-do attitude that receivers need to win against NFL corners. Maybe he will defy the odds.

He supposedly slipped due to his injury, at least that's what I recall reading

And yes I want Corey Davis at 10, defense and maybe a tackle somewhere in there the rest of the way

Edited by Bray Wyatt

i am sorry to report to everyone here some very bad news....

this morning i woke up on the couch and felt something underneath one of the cushions, i looked and to me sad surprise, it was none other than Kolby Listenbee :(

it looked as though he had fallen between the cushions right before i had my 5th scotch and I slept on him all night. Remarkably, right beside him was goodwin, a wr I slept on a few times in the past as well. They were both scrunched up together and looked awful.

Ill keep the board posted on their conditions.

In his highlights video there's a few things that stood out to me. One is given his speed he didn't get that much separation. Second, a lot of his catches were NFL type because he caught a lot of balls with good coverage on him. Thirdly he doesn't seem to catch the ball with his hands and relies on catching with bent arms and using his body. I hope he can contribute but I don't see him as a diamond in the rough.

.....Coulston was a 7th....you just never know.............

This is a camp thing. I mean, it's fun to talk about now, but, it shouldn't determine draft tactics.

We can't pretend we have a guy we haven't seen do a thing in an NFL game.

Loolk, Whaley has been proven right more often than wrong...especially if you believe that Buddy drafted EJ(who the F knows really?)

This is a camp thing. I mean, it's fun to talk about now, but, it shouldn't determine draft tactics.

We can't pretend we have a guy we haven't seen do a thing in an NFL game.

Loolk, Whaley has been proven right more often than wrong...especially if you believe that Buddy drafted EJ(who the F knows really?)

Oh I agree, you don't count on an unknown, just saying he does have a lot of potential and people that are dismissing him because he was a 6th round pick is short sighted

Oh I agree, you don't count on an unknown, just saying he does have a lot of potential and people that are dismissing him because he was a 6th round pick is short sighted

Would you say he has more or less potential than Marcus Easley?