Zach Brown visiting Bills

I agrees with you in essence bit tyrods alternate status was enough for people here to amount him as worth the 30 mil he was/stool is due. If that conversation is on plau for tyrod. It should be for brown too

I don't think people thought that the Pro Bowl is why tyrod is worth $15M a year. They think that Tyrod is worth $15M a year in a world where Mike Glennon is in that neighborhood and Brock Osweiler makes more. Value in sports is complicated. You are worth what comparable players get paid. Someone sets the market and then the negotiation begins. It rarely deviates from the comparable players though.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Full disclosure.......there were pm's. Publicly we blamed Eugene Parker.

Haha.

But yeah nothing wrong with exploring your options when you can. If I was offered more money for equal or worse performance I would take that gig.

Edited by Big C

I hated the way Rex used Dareus. We were paying him $100 million to plug gaps in the line. What an absolute waste. His "genius" scheme requires too many specific types of players.

By no means a MD fan but that was MADDENING. You pay the guy 100 mil. And then put him in a position a lot of overeatin men can play. It required Brute strength and not much technical ability. I thought sure we were going to draft that NT out of Baylor and kick Dareus outside

I hated the way Rex used Dareus. We were paying him $100 million to plug gaps in the line. What an absolute waste. His "genius" scheme requires too many specific types of players.

By no means a MD fan but that was MADDENING. You pay the guy 100 mil. And then put him in a position a lot of overeatin men can play. It required Brute strength and not much technical ability. I thought sure we were going to draft that NT out of Baylor and kick Dareus outside

Completely agree. I wanted Alabama DT Jarran Reed last year, thought he could play that role, shut down runs up the middle for us. It makes no sense to have Dareus do that. Dareus had ten sacks in 2014. So Rex has him plug the runs. God even thinking about it now makes me mad, I still can't believe that's how he used Dareus.

Edited by HappyDays

Except Wade has never played a 4-3 or predominately press man defense in his life. So maybe he has just lucky that he never had those types of players or maybe you can only adjust so much.

Watch the old film of Bills. There were injuries to Bills defense and in one week he revamped the defense because he was missing linebackers/

I don't think people thought that the Pro Bowl is why tyrod is worth $15M a year. They think that Tyrod is worth $15M a year in a world where Mike Glennon is in that neighborhood and Brock Osweiler makes more. Value in sports is complicated. You are worth what comparable players get paid. Someone sets the market and then the negotiation begins. It rarely deviates from the comparable players though.

Very true. I think my main grievance is that we are bringing up zach as a 4th alternate but when its tyrod... he played in the probowl so he is a probowl player. He was an alternate too. How come it doesn't go across the board?

Joe Chenelly sighting... this guy really does know someone in the FO.

@jchenelly

@pawlikIII Sorry, Ricky. I've been super busy with my real job. I expect Zach to re-sign with the #Bills before this weekend is over.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Agreed we have great value in Tyrod's contract. To make it work for Zach too would be a benefit for the team and an upgrade

Very true. I think my main grievance is that we are bringing up zach as a 4th alternate but when its tyrod... he played in the probowl so he is a probowl player. He was an alternate too. How come it doesn't go across the board?

what is brown going to do for us but carry the level of consistency we have had which was sub par? Taylor was part of a better offensive unit and a player inna position that is a higher commodity. For that reason alone taylormis worth more

what is brown going to do for us but carry the level of consistency we have had which was sub par? Taylor was part of a better offensive unit and a player inna position that is a higher commodity. For that reason alone taylormis worth more

Agreed. Having said that,brown makes us better if we can make it happen

Are there any updates from the Bills or Brown? I honestly didn't expect to hear his name associated with the Bills again. That he's back for another interview/, implies there's room to negotiate.. It's a been a couple days now and I haven't heard/read anything on the developments. Is he even still in the B-Lo?