Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

After watching every snap again I agree that his best assets are his arm and legs, but mainly out of the pocket. That is easily reflected in the film. But thats why I think bringing him back in this scheme was an easy decision. It plays to his strengths.

I notice you didn't say "brain" as a best asset; and I'm not saying that sarcastically. Having watched every snap, you have to agree he doesn't scan and process the field well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His field vision is not the best, but coaching can help/aid that. Teams have done that before by calling deeper drops and using more motion pre snap to help identify coverages easier.

Edited by cover1

His field vision is not the best, but coaching can help/aid that. Teams have done that before by calling deeper drops and using more motion pre snap to help identify coverages easier.

Taylors height disadvantage is part of the problem IMO.

I agree on the coaching/system being the solution cover1

After watching every snap again I agree that his best assets are his arm and legs, but mainly out of the pocket. That is easily reflected in the film. But thats why I think bringing him back in this scheme was an easy decision. It plays to his strengths.

Stop getting me excited for the season! It's way too early.

i will fight everybody in this room!

I don't want to fight, but we can spoon.

I guess you would also have to add Jim Kelly to the list.

Pretty UNREALISTIC expectations you got there folks.

Not happy until you see nail holes in their feet and hands...

Total non sequitur. Kelly was well capable of leading a SB championship team, and he would have if not for a missed field goal. The point wasn't that Taylor hasn't won a championship yet... JFC it's absolutely brutal debating this stuff with the diehards.

....seriously?....we're talking about re-training "gray matter" here which is a substantial task.....success at this level means mastering the speed of the game and more specifically, for a QB to scan the entire field in the allotted time (+or-5 seconds).....4 years as an understudy and 2 years as a starter and he still struggles......he is supplemented by his wheels for escapability and potential for making something happen, BUT for how long?......this club needs a BALANCED offense period......"run or done" won't cut it......and if you bank on his escapability when the box is stuffed with 8+ and it fails, now what?..."L" IMO...hate the Pats all you want, but if you take away the run, Brady can put it up 40+ times and hand off 10+ times and the result= "W"....take away the pass and Brady can put it up 15+ times and hand it off 40+ times and the result=THE SAME "W".....Bflo cannot even come close to that type of offensive versatility or flexibility with TT at QB......let's call a spade a spade and stop with "coaches can help that" crap.....Steve Young (yup, THAT guy) said it best...."the reason why more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed in the NFL is because of the SPEED and COMPLEXITY of the game at this ;level"...but what the hell would he know?...

spend more than a month here and try that again. This is the off season. Not for another month will complex topics originate. And most get in depth by page 3.

Maybe I need to post some in depth analysis to show you kids what its about.

MAYBE if you just contributed NORMALLY like all of us little people, we WOULD BE IMPRESSED, if you are anything to be impressed about.

Tooting your own horn is not very impressive.

....seriously?....we're talking about re-training "gray matter" here which is a substantial task.....success at this level means mastering the speed of the game and more specifically, for a QB to scan the entire field in the allotted time (+or-5 seconds).....4 years as an understudy and 2 years as a starter and he still struggles......he is supplemented by his wheels for escapability and potential for making something happen, BUT for how long?......this club needs a BALANCED offense period......"run or done" won't cut it......and if you bank on his escapability when the box is stuffed with 8+ and it fails, now what?..."L" IMO...hate the Pats all you want, but if you take away the run, Brady can put it up 40+ times and hand off 10+ times and the result= "W"....take away the pass and Brady can put it up 15+ times and hand it off 40+ times and the result=THE SAME "W".....Bflo cannot even come close to that type of offensive versatility or flexibility with TT at QB......let's call a spade a spade and stop with "coaches can help that" crap.....Steve Young (yup, THAT guy) said it best...."the reason why more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed in the NFL is because of the SPEED and COMPLEXITY of the game at this ;level"...but what the hell would he know?...

He's not saying coaching can turn Tyrod into a franchise QB. He's saying scheme and specific play calls can make up for Tyrod's weaknesses. At the same time, I think we all agree that is not sustainable, either.

He's not saying coaching can turn Tyrod into a franchise QB. He's saying scheme and specific play calls can make up for Tyrod's weaknesses. At the same time, I think we all agree that is not sustainable, either.

....sorry for the confusion....I'm not alluding to a franchise QB......the definition is so vague that you can win with one or without......I'd settle for a "steady Eddie" game manager any day.....being "older than dirt", I can easily harken back to the old days of Unitas, Starr, Marino, Montana, Young, "Mad Bomber" Lamonica, Fouts with Air Coryell, and even throw in Bradshaw.(had to)etc...apologies to those I left out....my point is we're talking about a MINDSET change which is a helluva lot easier than done....the NFL level game will NOT slow up so you can catch up and is MUCH faster TODAY.....and I'm not sure what schemes and play calls can be designed for you to adapt and at the SAME TIME be prolific versus what the opposition's defense gives you...another post said it was a "height issue".....check out guys like Montana, Young, Brees, Kapp, Tarkenton, Danny White, etc...all in the 6'0" to 6'2" range, with TT being 6'1" as advertised....so height is not a legal defense IMO.....BTW, I am in NO WAY against the kid.....only a POS would hope a youngster would fail at realizing his life long dream of being an NFL QB...I WANT HIM TO SUCCEED...................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

MAYBE if you just contributed NORMALLY like all of us little people, we WOULD BE IMPRESSED, if you are anything to be impressed about.

Tooting your own horn is not very impressive.

sorry, 140 posts and no clue who you are to even worry about what you've known of !Y posting history? Sorry, not sorry. Do not care.

And I'll be full of myself all I like because there are roughly a dozen here who can break down the X's and O's like I can. Right now there is nkthing to break down. But I am working in something, so yeah.... Just hold on and get your notebook and lunch ready because I'll take you to school.

This ^^

and, again. Did you even read to understand the point I am making about leach1?

Wish they had Sammy for that last play against Seattle lol

Wish they had Sammy for about 10 more games! But seriously, if Sammy can come back healthy and stay relatively healthy and they add a few weapons, I'd be interested to see what Tyrod could do. I wasn't by any means a Tyrod supporter last season, the all 22s drove me insane.. But maybe a new system and another year of experience will get it to click for him.. just maybe. Ahhh here we go again.

And thanks for the highlight vid Erik. Good stuff brotherman. :thumbsup:

Wish they had Sammy for about 10 more games! But seriously, if Sammy can come back healthy and stay relatively healthy and they add a few weapons, I'd be interested to see what Tyrod could do. I wasn't by any means a Tyrod supporter last season, the all 22s drove me insane.. But maybe a new system and another year of experience will get it to click for him.. just maybe. Ahhh here we go again.

And thanks for the highlight vid Erik. Good stuff brotherman. :thumbsup:

Agreed 100%