Andre Holmes officially signed

I'm not sure how people can look at our WRs and not think it's one of the highest areas of need even after these signings.

We have a clear #1. Holmes and Brown are both legit #3 guys, and Holmes could step in as a 2 in case of injury. And we have plenty of depth/competition for the 4 and 5.

Just have to draft a 2.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes fills the void of Woods, Easely, and Hunter in one signing. Now throw a OJ Howard or Corey Davis in the mix and we are in buisness!

Not sure I'd put Woods on that list, but you are spot on with Easley and Hunter. It's a two for one signing at least, in that regard.

I don't know how good Holmes is as a blocker, but comparing him to Robert Woods, their best seasons were in 2014. Holmes had 47 receptions for 693 yards and 4 TDs in 13 starts out of 16 games played, while Woods had 65 receptions for 699 yards and 5 TDs in 2 more starts.

Awesome!

I hope the signing of 4 veteran receivers doesn't mean the Bills don't plan to address the position in the draft.

Still need a rookie who can realistically fight for the #2 spot.

Despite my preferences, though, the Bills now have:

Watkins

Listenbee

Holmes

Brown

Washington

Butler

Powell

I am definitely starting to think the Bills are not looking for a WR early in draft, and certainly not round 1.

Not sure I'd put Woods on that list, but you are spot on with Easley and Hunter. It's a two for one signing at least, in that regard.

I think its important that when comparing to Woods we are comparing to the woods of the last 2 years (the guy playing hurt) and not the healthy woods

Need a couple more wr. I'm thinking Brian quick. For some reason I've always liked him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly dont want any more WR's unless they are 1a guys.....we have enough number 3's now. We need to draft a quality pass catcher

perhaps. But with game action,and a couple of years in meetings, he SHOULD be able to outperform a (basically) rook? Just a thought...

its a new offense and tbh Listenbee is the better player (at least he was in college) so I wouldn't expect Lewis to beat him out. Whaley has seen enough of Dez by now in practice though I'm sure the coaching staff will give him somewhat of a fresh slate. But they were destitute at WR last year and Dez couldn't get off the PS until very late.

Need a couple more wr. I'm thinking Brian quick. For some reason I've always liked him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godwin in the second round would work nicely. Or Travis Rudolph in the third. Mind you,these picks are predicted to us not having a fourth at the time being. I'm afraid if we don't trade back,we will be drafting a round earlier than we should,due to need. This may be the one time I think we should,draft for need. Bpa in round one. Then,bpa at need the rest

....unfortunately he has been tabbed as one of the top 5 worst FA signings......hard working kid....hopes he proves 'em wrong but the money was....wow....

Well when the one thing good you can say about him is his blocking it ends up looking bad.

Looks like a solid pickup. One thing with Whaley and FA, is that he does do a decent job (on paper) of plugging as many 'holes' as possible, prior to the draft, freeing up as many options as possible.

Tbh, the biggest area of concern now, has to be LBer, as we just don't have enough, or any with real sideline to sideline ability. RT will still be iffy, but at the very least, the whole of last years line returns, and as mostly they are decent, that's no bad thing.

If this class is as good as being advertised, I can see them doubling down at the TE position.

its a new offense and tbh Listenbee is the better player (at least he was in college) so I wouldn't expect Lewis to beat him out. Whaley has seen enough of Dez by now in practice though I'm sure the coaching staff will give him somewhat of a fresh slate. But they were destitute at WR last year and Dez couldn't get off the PS until very late.

fair enough. But until I see Listenbee in ANY action,Dez should be the guy. I trust the new staff to make the right decision. Maybe the FA signings make them BOTH expendable, which is acceptable as well.May the best man improve our team:)