Something many of us are forgetting...

When reviewing the additions and subtractions on our squad this offseason, we need to remember that we're essentially adding Sammy Watkins, Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland to the team this year. Those are three noteworty additions.

Of course, Shaq and Sammy played some last year, but Sammy was far from healthy and it's safe to assume Shaq will be stronger to start this year than he was at any point last year.

I try to be realistic with my assessments of the Bills heading into any given year. I had almost no confidence in our ability to improve last year, mostly because I didn't believe in Rex as a coach. But this year, I have a hard time believing we won't improve.

If we add another solid receiving option, and re-sign Gillislee, I think our offense should be every bit as good as it was last year in terms of scoring and yardage. Losing Woods sucks, but he's far from irreplaceable. I believe this unit will be well coached, and if they stay healthy should be quite productive.

On D, we have some notable subtractions for sure. The secondary is a big question mark. But I believe our front 7 will be notably better than it was in the last 2 years mostly because the scheme fits the talent we have now. The most important improvement is on the coaching front. If we add nobody else to the D between now and the start of the season, I STILL think they perform better than they did under Rex.

Do I think this is a Superbowl caliber team? Definitley not. Do I think we can win 10 games and make the playoffs? Yes I do.

Go Bills!

Listenee too, and I agree.

I love all of the depth signings right now. With the guys you mentioned and a good draft, this team will have all of the talent we need to compete. The X factor is McDermott. If he turns out to be good or even great, this team could be a real dark horse in '17.

You make a decent argument Plunge and you are correct about the additions

However depending upon what we do in the draft right now I still have major concerns about starting positions WR #2 and WR #3

And the secondary is in a huge transition

I too love that we moved on from Rex's D

But I ams still not convinced this new D we can stop the run, until we, stop it

Do that and maybe we can survive through a transition secondary

I'm just not sure it gets us to 10 wins

jc

New schemes in all three phases of the game and a rookie head coach, not buying it.

Shaq with a bad shoulder, Sammy with a bad wheel and Ragland coming off knee surgery?

I want all three to have breakout seasons but the proof is in the pudding and the wrapper is still on it.

I think the wild card factor is MD. He missed the first 8 games and we lost 3 close ones without him. I think that a healthily franchise player like him would have made the difference.

Not only did they miss him but this scheme promises to return him to the style of play that made him an All-Pro. Better fit for all the DL.

I agree that with everyone healthy we could make some noise but with any scheme change on D comes adjustments which I don't expect our guys to absorb until after week 8. I don't see Shady holding up his current workload for 16 games and I expect we will be a run heavy team again this year. If we are at .500 at midseason we have a chance at a wildcard

It's way too early to start thinking about how the team will look. We still have the draft, then training camp where there will be surprise cuts, then another wave of free agency where we will pick up a couple cast offs which has been Whaley's strength. Even still we will need to see what injuries we pick up before the season even starts. And I would bet Whaley fills at least one major hole in FA or the draft. We got a long way to go.

When reviewing the additions and subtractions on our squad this offseason, we need to remember that we're essentially adding Sammy Watkins, Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland to the team this year. Those are three noteworty additions.

Of course, Shaq and Sammy played some last year, but Sammy was far from healthy and it's safe to assume Shaq will be stronger to start this year than he was at any point last year.

I try to be realistic with my assessments of the Bills heading into any given year. I had almost no confidence in our ability to improve last year, mostly because I didn't believe in Rex as a coach. But this year, I have a hard time believing we won't improve.

If we add another solid receiving option, and re-sign Gillislee, I think our offense should be every bit as good as it was last year in terms of scoring and yardage. Losing Woods sucks, but he's far from irreplaceable. I believe this unit will be well coached, and if they stay healthy should be quite productive.

On D, we have some notable subtractions for sure. The secondary is a big question mark. But I believe our front 7 will be notably better than it was in the last 2 years mostly because the scheme fits the talent we have now. The most important improvement is on the coaching front. If we add nobody else to the D between now and the start of the season, I STILL think they perform better than they did under Rex.

Do I think this is a Superbowl caliber team? Definitley not. Do I think we can win 10 games and make the playoffs? Yes I do.

Go Bills!

You make some good points and remember how much better Miller played in his second year vs. the first. Washington with a whole off season and mentoring from Kyle should get better as well.

Everybody pretty much dismisses and forgets about Shaq Lawson because he played some games last year

- No training camp or pre season for him

- Recovering from a surgery so no NFL offseason strength program as recovering and biulding NFL strength are two separate things

- Playing out of position as a LB....most pundits feel his true position in the NFL is DE in a 4/3

I am excited to see what Shaq looks like with a real offseason under his belt....not that he played badly when he got in there......

Everybody pretty much dismisses and forgets about Shaq Lawson because he played some games last year

- No training camp or pre season for him

- Recovering from a surgery so no NFL offseason strength program as recovering and biulding NFL strength are two separate things

- Playing out of position as a LB....most pundits feel his true position in the NFL is DE in a 4/3

I am excited to see what Shaq looks like with a real offseason under his belt....not that he played badly when he got in there......

I'm excited to see what Shag, Reggie and Kolby can do with a full off-season program and training camp.

I agree that with everyone healthy we could make some noise but with any scheme change on D comes adjustments which I don't expect our guys to absorb until after week 8. I don't see Shady holding up his current workload for 16 games and I expect we will be a run heavy team again this year. If we are at .500 at midseason we have a chance at a wildcard

With OTAs , training camp and presaeason games? It's football....tackle the guy with the ball.....shouldn't be that difficult