Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Seattle is looking for "a very good player plus a high pick".

Takes us out of play IMO, since the only "very good player" on our roster in who I could see Seattle having interest is Cordy Glenn. I don't see Buffalo choosing to give up Glenn plus a 2nd to get Sherman, and even if they wanted to, that would be a significant cap hit to move him.

Takes us out of play IMO, since the only "very good player" on our roster in who I could see Seattle having interest is Cordy Glenn. I don't see Buffalo choosing to give up Glenn plus a 2nd to get Sherman, and even if they wanted to, that would be a significant cap hit to move him.

...tell 'em to keep lookin'.....elsewhere.............

i don't think Seattle is a SB contender but that's imo

Huh? They have gone to two Super Bowls, won one, and been in the playoffs in each of the past 4 years.

Their outstanding defense is still intact. They have a top tier franchise QB.

On paper and with the old eye test, they are clearly going to be a club that will be a contender.

What am I missing here?

Edited by TheElectricCompany

That probably takes EVERYBODY out of play.

IMO, his max value is right around where the Bills pick in round 2........or a trade up of 7-10 spots from their current 26th overall in round 1........factors which would make the Bills an ideal trade partner if they were really determined to move him.

The more you have to trade for him the less attractive his contract/age/attitude line looks.

Huh? They have gone to two Super Bowls, won one, and been in the playoffs in each of the past 4 years.

Their outstanding defense is still intact. They have a top tier franchise QB.

On paper and with the old eye test, they are clearly going to be a club that will be a contender.

What am I missing here?

nothing, just my opinion. Mainly due to their abysmal OL and inability to protect Wilson or recreate the running game they had with Lynch there. They are a playoff team (especially in that crap division) but I don't think they will go to the SB in the near future. If they do, good for them. Edited by YoloinOhio

Guest NeckBeard

Wait, so bad day here in the plant. Very bad. The kind of day where you realize that you're pretty durned old, but not old enough to retire. The snit!

I recommend that the Bills trade a couple of first rounders, and also shore up a way to re-acquire Green Lightning, so that everything goes out to Seattle. Every time the Seahawks score a TD, you will see neon a bunch of dancing, neon dicks, Pete Carroll doing one of his I-wish-I-could-stab-you-in-the-face dances, and the wish that said picks never left the building in the first place.

So, yeah. Sherman is good, just not sell the BB farm good. I would love to see dancing dicks in Seattle tho.

nothing, just my opinion. Mainly due to their abysmal OL and inability to protect Wilson or recreate the running game they had with Lynch there. They are a playoff team (especially in that crap division) but I don't think they will go to the SB in the near future. If they do, good for them.

I think they are still in the discussion, but other teams in the NFC are rising while, at best, they are staying about the same.

I think they are still in the discussion, but other teams in the NFC are rising while, at best, they are staying about the same.

They are staying the same with a borderline top 5 QB and one of the best defenses of our era.

Not exactly small time.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I don't think that means THAT quality plus a high pick. Maybe that quality at a lesser position.

The plus a high pick leads me to think we are talking more Eric wood maybe as an example

Edited by NoSaint

,,,from what I have read here from many collegiate draft gurus that I highly respect (don't get to see college ball), this is supposed to be a very rich and deep CB draft.....why give up major picks versus drafting a hungry kid?...FULL DISCLOSURE: don't like Sherman's bravado.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Wait, so bad day here in the plant. Very bad. The kind of day where you realize that you're pretty durned old, but not old enough to retire. The snit!

I recommend that the Bills trade a couple of first rounders, and also shore up a way to re-acquire Green Lightning, so that everything goes out to Seattle. Every time the Seahawks score a TD, you will see neon a bunch of dancing, neon dicks, Pete Carroll doing one of his I-wish-I-could-stab-you-in-the-face dances, and the wish that said picks never left the building in the first place.

So, yeah. Sherman is good, just not sell the BB farm good. I would love to see dancing dicks in Seattle tho.

Work with a lot of heavy metals in that plant of yours?

you know what's holding up this trade ??

butler hasn't/won't sign his tender.

until he signs his tender, NE can't trade him.

butler & a pick to SEA for Richard is very likely

you are making this up

Work with a lot of heavy metals in that plant of yours?

I listened to Anthrax for awile

The snit.

no doubt.

never been a P-Carrol fan t'all

,,,from what I have read here from many collegiate draft gurus that I highly respect (don't get to see college ball), this is supposed to be a very rich and deep CB draft.....why give up major picks versus drafting a hungry kid?...FULL DISCLOSURE: don't like Sherman's bravado.......

The simple answer is to get a superstar. Sherman has given up 12 TDs in his career. He played in a similar system and will add some much needed toughness. If you could get him for Wood/ CK and a 2nd it's an easy decision. I'd be tempted to do one of those guys and 10 honestly. CB is one of our biggest needs and getting one of the top few in the league, at 28 years-old, would go a long way to fixing it. Lastly, Sherman feels like a guy that can transfer to safety later in his career. You could have a productive Sherman for 5+ years.

The simple answer is to get a superstar. Sherman has given up 12 TDs in his career. He played in a similar system and will add some much needed toughness. If you could get him for Wood/ CK and a 2nd it's an easy decision. I'd be tempted to do one of those guys and 10 honestly. CB is one of our biggest needs and getting one of the top few in the league, at 28 years-old, would go a long way to fixing it. Lastly, Sherman feels like a guy that can transfer to safety later in his career. You could have a productive Sherman for 5+ years.

Great point about the move to safety

I wouldn't give up our first I would rather trade down then trade it away.

If we were able to trade down and grab another pick then move the new first for Sherman I might do it

...Seahawks trade a lot during the draft they are just getting some chat going before hand I think he is being moved

I can argue that said hungry kid may not be near as talented. Sherman in an immediate impact player who changes the nature of our currently woeful secondary. We all know how important QB pressure and secondary coverage is, in a conference with Brady. I am setting emotions aside when I say that this will be a good trade if it costs us a second or a player-for-player deal.