Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills CAN'T WIN RIGHT NOW. Why in the world would you give up #10 pick and youth for someone who will take you NOWHERE.

Those are all your opinions and you're entitled to them but I disagree, Sherman is elite and in his prime still, a better scheme fit for alot of these players and Sherman in the cover 3 with S help would be a monster here.

Kujo and a 2nd with a conditional mid round pick next year with the Bills getting back Sherman and the Seahawks 4th this year would be a fantastic trade for the Bills but I don't see it happening unless the Seahawks are enamored with Kujo to the point where they think Kujo could come in and start of them AND be an upgrade which I doubt there is any evidence that the Seahawks have such a high evaluation of Kujo.

Sherman is a great DB but I don't see much value in a team like the Bills, a team in perpetual rebuilding, trading for him.

I could see somebody like the Steelers making this deal to push for one last ring for Ben or a team like the Cowboys or Falcons with a few years left in their playoff window

Sherman is a great DB but I don't see much value in a team like the Bills, a team in perpetual rebuilding, trading for him.

I could see somebody like the Steelers making this deal to push for one last ring for Ben or a team like the Cowboys or Falcons with a few years left in their playoff window

they aren't in perpetual rebuilding, they are in perpetual mediocre, average, 8-8, in the Hunt, just missed the playoffs mode. A player like him could/would get them over the hump.

He fits the model of what the team wants to do and be like a glove.

I just dont get giving up either a player or draft picks for him. While he is good he has a big contract and is almost 30. Wouldnt we have been better off keeping gilmore. Younger, a little more expensive, not quite as good but you dont lose either a good player or high draft pick either.

sherman is 29 is 4X first team pro bowler

gilmore will be 27 is 1X alternate

also Sherman has never missed a game in 6 years. And has allowed 12 TDs in his entire career. And a better fit for this particular scheme. And brings a much needed winning mentality. He is more worth the money than Gilmore, for this particular team. Pats didn't need to bring that mentality in, they already have it.

The Bill's would have to give up too much for Sherman , Browns could do it.

The Seahawks should return the favor of Buffalo giving them Lynch for a 4th rd pick and a 5th , never happen.

Edited by ALF

sherman is 29 is 4X first team pro bowler

gilmore will be 27 is 1X alternate

i know hes better, i guess im just bias cause i dont like sherman and i would hate to lose a first or second round pick to get him

i know hes better, i guess im just bias cause i dont like sherman and i would hate to lose a first or second round pick to get him

i don't like him either, never have. But he would be a huge lift to this team, imo moreso than a rookie CB drafted in the 2nd round. CB is one of the toughest positions to transition to the NFL as a rookie. I would still draft one to develop, but looking at the next couple years he would immediately make the defense much better because he knows the cover 3 so well and has played at a high level vs NFL WRs. You do not know what you are going to get from a rookie corner, nor do we know how Darby and Seymour are going to perform in this defense.

Something like this would give the opportunity to perhaps take that kid who tore his Achilles later, because you don't need him right away.

If the team is "rebuilding" they don't bother with this (like the Browns). If the team thinks it is close, then they do. Imo

Edited by YoloinOhio

Elite, top tier, players? Hogwash.

I'd love to be able to acquire Sherman for a ham sandwich, but it's not happening.

You really don't see elite players traded often these days, it's just too much currency to get a deal going.

We landed shady for a LB with no knees. Granted Kiko did have value. Point remains, when you are willing there is a way.

Anyone who wants to trade a high draft choice for Sherman needs to be able answer these questions:

Why would Seattle, a very smart team that knows Sherman best, be willing to let him go and potentially replace him with a rookie from this year's draft? Do you think you know more than Schneider? What makes Sherman more valuable to the Bills than to the Seahawks?

I just don't see it. This guy is 29 years old and is unquestionably past his prime, even if he's still very good. Oh, and he's a jackass.

Anyone who wants to trade a high draft choice for Sherman needs to be able answer these questions:

Why would Seattle, a very smart team that knows Sherman best, be willing to let him go and potentially replace him with a rookie from this year's draft? Do you think you know more than Schneider? What makes Sherman more valuable to the Bills than to the Seahawks?

I just don't see it. This guy is 29 years old and is unquestionably past his prime, even if he's still very good. Oh, and he's a jackass.

it is outlined in the link I posted above.

it is outlined in the link I posted above.

I read it, but it doesn't really explain why the Bills should trade a high draft pick for 29-year old player the Seahawks are willing to move on from, especially in a year when the draft is so deep at CB. Edited by mannc

I read it, but it doesn't really explain why the Bills should trade a high draft pick for 29-year old player the Seahawks are willing to move on from, especially in a year when the draft is so deep at CB.

It doesn't say the Bills would do that. It talks about why Seattle would be open to a trade.

If you are looking for a fan opinion on it, I posted that two posts above that link.

Edited by YoloinOhio