Something must be up with the Bills

HOUSE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been around longer then most of you guys

The Bills always do something to sell tickets.....this year is slower then normal

This usually means the Bills are working on something.

And No, its not likely to be Tim Tebow

Around longer? Really? We've got some people here with incredible Bills history.

DC Tom was Tom Sestak's middle school football coach.

When Butch Byrd was just a kid, he once asked for 26CornerBlitz's autograph.

John From Hemet taught Mini Max Anderson how to tie his cleats.

YoloinOhio was selling peanuts at the Rockpile when he heard Mike Stratton's "Hit Heard 'Round the World."

Slammer, you're just a youngster compared to some of our veteran posters.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Around longer? Really? We've got some people here with incredible Bills history.

YoloinOhio was selling peanuts at the Rockpile when he heard Mike Stratton's "Hit Heard 'Round the World."

Outstanding.

having an NFL team with a great fan base sells tickets. It's not gimmicks, "regionalizing", slick marketing or the GM trying to do anything more than make the team better.

Do you think making an unpopular decision like letting Fred Jackson go was the mark of a team trying to sell more tickets?

Sorry but you're reaching.

The one move they could make that would convince me they're more interested in winning than in selling tickets, is to move training camp back to Fredonia. It's not a coincidence they haven't made the playoffs since they shifted to Brandon's alma mater. In Fredonia, the players spent the evenings at bars, drinking together and bonding. Now the training camps are just about learning plays and evaluating players. They leave there a bunch of players, not a team. Move back to Fredonia, and take away everyone's smart phones and tablets. No more withdrawing, it's time to become teammates.

having an NFL team with a great fan base sells tickets. It's not gimmicks, "regionalizing", slick marketing or the GM trying to do anything more than make the team better.

Do you think making an unpopular decision like letting Fred Jackson go was the mark of a team trying to sell more tickets?

Sorry but you're reaching.

Your first sentence says it all.

And that's all that needs to be said. All that CAN be said, really.

I'll be honest, I am totally shocked we aren't in on Poe or Hankins.

McD likes big DTs so they would be nice fits, Always liked Poe. I guess they figured they will move our old 34 DEs in at DT so probably not a priority right now, maybe in the draft.

The one move they could make that would convince me they're more interested in winning than in selling tickets, is to move training camp back to Fredonia. It's not a coincidence they haven't made the playoffs since they shifted to Brandon's alma mater. In Fredonia, the players spent the evenings at bars, drinking together and bonding. Now the training camps are just about learning plays and evaluating players. They leave there a bunch of players, not a team. Move back to Fredonia, and take away everyone's smart phones and tablets. No more withdrawing, it's time to become teammates.

this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the draught, not having a good QB and HC is. We have one part of that now and now we need the QB.

I agree with the OP, something is up. I expect the Bills to be trading somebody from the current roster. It's been pretty quiet about Jerry Hughes, maybe he's not a McDermott kind of guy and they trade him for draft position. I like and don't like all at the same time how quiet the FO has been. I must admit though that it's quite the refreshing change of pace from that loudmouth fat bastard Ryan and his disgusting twin. I just don't like not knowing what to expect though.

I'm another poster who predates the team. What are your credentials, SLAMMER?

I think what they're up to is trying to build a competent, professionally-run football organization that doesn't need loudmouth coaches or splashy FA signings to drum up interest.

And that's a welcome change.

I bet McD is letting Whaley and Pegula know this: "stay out of my way".

Winning sells tickets.

Well they really have not done that for the better part of two decades and they STILL had to cut of season ticket sales.

So... there is more to it than just winning.

Well they STILL need a "back up" QB. So there is a chance for a splash there.

I too suspect some WOW/SURPRISE this offseason.

But, then again, that was a Russ Brandon tactic to sell tickets to a hopeless/hapless team. Maybe they will stop that now he has taken a back seat.

I'm another poster who predates the team. What are your credentials, SLAMMER?

saw my first game in 1960.. im old.. but as far as a "big splash" , i hope they are done with that stuff.. like a few have said on here , WINNING, having the culture, the tradition, of winning is what works.. IMHO, i think the new "regime" is geared and wired in that direction .