Something must be up with the Bills

HOUSE

I bet McD is letting Whaley and Pegula know this: "stay out of my way".

I agree. McDermott doesn't come to Buffalo without significant assurance that he'll get to do things his way. He knew the roster was top heavy, lacked depth, and the QB situation is far from ideal. He knew what transpired at the end of last season with the front office sniping at the coaching staff was corrosive.

Rex wasn't someone you trust to help build a roster. He swung wildly on players to fit his schemes and didn't seem concerned with cap ramifications to signing these big names. It seemed like Whaley just went along with it and deferred to Rex until it was clear the season wasn't going to result in a playoff appearance.

McDermott's going to do things his way, which seems more calculated and won't include more big swings in UFA and major risk taking. And I don't see Whaley getting in his way either.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saw my first game in 1960.. im old.. but as far as a "big splash" , i hope they are done with that stuff.. like a few have said on here , WINNING, having the culture, the tradition, of winning is what works.. IMHO, i think the new "regime" is geared and wired in that direction .

Many thanks to the fans that predate my cheering (from 1973) and still contribute with great value on here!

The one move they could make that would convince me they're more interested in winning than in selling tickets, is to move training camp back to Fredonia. It's not a coincidence they haven't made the playoffs since they shifted to Brandon's alma mater. In Fredonia, the players spent the evenings at bars, drinking together and bonding. Now the training camps are just about learning plays and evaluating players. They leave there a bunch of players, not a team. Move back to Fredonia, and take away everyone's smart phones and tablets. No more withdrawing, it's time to become teammates.

It's a shame there aren't any bars in Rochester.

Around longer? Really? We've got some people here with incredible Bills history.

DC Tom was Tom Sestak's middle school football coach.

When Butch Byrd was just a kid, he once asked for 26CornerBlitz's autograph.

John From Hemet taught Mini Max Anderson how to tie his cleats.

YoloinOhio was selling peanuts at the Rockpile when he heard Mike Stratton's "Hit Heard 'Round the World."

Slammer, you're just a youngster compared to some of our veteran posters.

If all that is true.............wow

Born in 57 but a Bills fan in 67. So I missed the championship years, on board just in time for the John Rauch era :sick:

If all that is true.............wow

Born in 57 but a Bills fan in 67. So I missed the championship years, on board just in time for the John Rauch era :sick:

OJ was on track to becoming the greatest decoy in history. If only Rauch had more time.

OJ was on track to becoming the greatest decoy in history. If only Rauch had more time.

LOL.. I remember that verbiage from rauch like it was yesterday.. you thought to yourself, what is he talking about? but it seems he wanted to just come on board with a swagger.. in hindsight, he was like greggo..