Malcolm Butler wants out of New England

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikegiardi

Source tells me Butler & his camp remain extremely frustrated by Pats position & Gilmore signing. Courting offers elsewhere. Wants new home

Do you have to give up a 1st rounder or can that be negotiated with NE?

@jeffphowe

Patriots offered Butler somewhere around $6M to $7M annually last season. Butler hoped to be paid in the ballpark of a top-10 CB.

Patriots told Butler last season they wouldn't pay a CB more than $10M annually, so the Gilmore contract was definitely a gut punch.

If the Bills sign him, they'd essentially be trading Gilmore and a first round pick for Butler. If Whaley did that, he not only should be fired, he should be shot.

Edited by Domdab99

If the Pats somehow turn Butler into Gillmore and a 1st, I'll call "the fix is in"... It'd be like turning a backup QB and the last pick of the first round into the first overall pick and Bradin Cooks...

i have no doubt this will happen. Other teams are somehow hypnotized by them.

I am continually amazed that players love to play in New England...and then get pooped on by the organization. Guess winning covers a ton of stink.

Playing with Brady ups your chances to win a SB pretty heavily! They won't be able to play this hardball game when he's gone and players aren't guaranteed a trip to the AFC Championship game or the SB! :beer: