Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

Dont kick a man when hes down bro.

I wish the kid well. Hope he gets a back up gig somewhere.

Agreed, no hate necessary. Maybe with a better environment and coaching he can be a decent backup and hang in the league for a decade. By all accounts he's a great guy. No need to hate. Wish him the best. He's not a bad person. Geez!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently that darn Doug Marrone has 31 other jobs.

I like it...

The fact that we kept EJ throught his whole contract when he should've been cut after his second year tells me everything I need to know about Whaley's abilities to evaluate QB's.

It tells me everything I need to know about Whaley's ego....

Dont kick a man when hes down bro.

I wish the kid well. Hope he gets a back up gig somewhere.

Yeah I agree with you. Hope he ends on someone roster. Can't really see him as a starter though. Nothing wrong with that.

Shame on anyone bashing EJ because he didn't turn into the franchise QB we hoped for. A consummate pro, great teammate, and is set for life in his 20s. I'm sure he's real ashamed of his situation.

That jets game was brutal, might have killed his shot at being a backup or even being picked up for a chance. Hopefully someone gives him a chance to help out on our comp picks

Concur, I think before the Jets game, he might have had a shot given some of the "buzz" about "he's doing well in practice" "he's improved".

After the Jets game...um, No.

Yeah I agree with you. Hope he ends on someone roster. Can't really see him as a starter though. Nothing wrong with that.

Agree with this sentiment entirely.

Thats right. Even if hes a 3rd stringer hope he gets a spot somewhere. I would hate for anyone to lose the job of their dreams. Cant stand people that literally enjoy seeing people fail. This made me lose hope in humanity.......I believe in myself....but I dont believe in the world anymore....

Thats right. Even if hes a 3rd stringer hope he gets a spot somewhere. I would hate for anyone to lose the job of their dreams. Cant stand people that literally enjoy seeing people fail. This made me lose hope in humanity.......I believe in myself....but I dont believe in the world anymore....

I laugh because I just find it amusing how folks delude themselves about his abilities as a player. Its not about EJ himself. Its just funny how we as human beings trick ourselves. I know you're not replying specifically to me, just want to explain post 2 of the thread. Every time the name EJ gets brought up on this forum I'm amused because I think back to all the silly out of touch posts I've read about him over the years, even last year by which time it should have been blatantly obvious. We humans are a funny animal.

I don't mean the above as insulting to anyone, I've deluded myself too. I advocated drafting EJ and I once thought Boobie Dixon was the most underrated player on the Bills. Its ok to laugh about it. People Are Strange

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

I laugh because I just find it amusing how folks delude themselves about his abilities as a player. Its not about EJ himself. Its just funny how we as human beings trick ourselves. I know you're not replying specifically to me, just want to explain post 2 of the thread. Every time the name EJ gets brought up on this forum I'm amused because I think back to all the silly out of touch posts I've read about him over the years, even last year by which time it should have been blatantly obvious. We humans are a funny animal.

I don't mean the above as insulting to anyone, I've deluded myself too. I advocated drafting EJ and I once thought Boobie Dixon was the most underrated player on the Bills. Its ok to laugh about it. People Are Strange

I responded to BMore. All you did was :lol::lol: . Thats all good.

its not even about EJ. Its the principle for me. Its like when you see someone failing or going through a rough time, and you see some other !@#$ piling more bull **** on someone when theyre already on the floor in career convulsions. I took it more serious then it shoulda been cuz I been through those real life situations where ****ty people that can alter your future pile more bull **** on you and take shots at you when youre on the floor with both your legs broken just trying to crawl to a place to recover so you can get up, walk and run again.

McFly: Time Traveler, Man of Principles.

Its always good to have a positive attitude. Cuz this World will destroy you if you let it!

Nice guy but does not belong in the NFL. That said, I could see some team grabbing him for depth as we approach training camp.

I agree. Yeah some team at some point will come across some injuries and will possibly need a 3rd string QB. Or maybe a part time job to do a "hard count" once in a while.

Agree with this sentiment entirely.

....agree also.....confidence and processing the field are his two major hurdles......not sure how you overcome gray matter issues.......he's Tebow-like as in worked his tail off as a good teammate but just didn't make it........

Good post! It's easy to fall into that trap when your team acquires a qb with some talent.

RJ had tons of talent. I mean this. He was big, had a superb arm, could run, and was even accurate.

Losman could run and had a good deep arm.

EJ was big and he too threw a pretty good deep ball.

It was easy believe that these guys would develop and lead our team to the next level. I became much harder to fool after thinking RJ might be a top 5, or easily top 10 qb. :)

With EJ, the entire premise of trading down 8 slots and drafting a qb was weird, wouldn't you say? Would you, or anyone reading this not jump right on a player who you thought was a franchise qb? What this tells me is that they had EJ rated about the same as Geno Smith. Bad news from day 1 in that sense.

I wish EJ well. He is a horrible qb, but he seems like a good kid. He is no longer hurting this team

That said, Whaley is a horrible GM and should be shipped out of town. He IS killing this team.

1.) Pats trade Jimmy Garapollo for 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

2.) Pats Sign EJ Manuel.

3.) Tom Brady gets hurt for game against Bills.

4.) E.J. Manuel Beats Bills in pivotal game.

5.) Cleveland trades 2 firsts and 2 secondo for E.J. Manuel.

6.) Repeat.

I think EJ will be on a roster by training camp. Some coach out there will want to see if they can turn around a former first round pick. He will of course be a backup or 3rd stringer, but I don't think his career is over. His ceiling would be a career backup that gets a few circumstantial starts every now and then like Todd Collins, Shaun Hill or Blaine Gabbert.

Edited by dgrochester55

It really is ashame how folks get off by publically attempting to humiliate someone else.

If EJ was a complete gasbag like Manziel, then I could understand the ridicule. But EJ did nothing but play football.

The kid had enough talent to be selected as QB at FSU and like many other college players entered the NFL draft. He was good enough to get drafted.

No one can despute that the kid gave it all he had BUT like many others, did not have the total package.

YET, somehow, it is not enough that he tried and failed. A handfull of lowly board dwellers want to run up and kick him as he leaves the building (so to speak).

Apparently, you can't imagine how pitiful you all look.