Whaley forget about receiver?

The real issue is that this is still Rex's team without Gilmore and Woods.

Some players said it was their fault for not performing up to a consistent, good level last year.

And now we are expecting McDermott to some how work miracles with this same roster intact.

Is this McDermott's plan to go through this? Is this Whaley's idea? Both?

That's the bigger question if you ask me.

Hopefully one of them is not delusional.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it took no General Manager type skills to a-answer the phone, b- say no to draft picks because I used them on watkins pick a player? That took literally no work at all sure he made the trade every gm in the league would have.

Can someone take this thread, send it to OBD and beg them to bring BBMB back? I already miss the way TBD was.

The fact that it took no General Manager type skills to a-answer the phone, b- say no to draft picks because I used them on watkins pick a player? That took literally no work at all sure he made the trade every gm in the league would have.

so by your genius theory no gm gets credit for any trade cause all you have to do is talk on the phone and it doesnt really involve much work? Or does this just apply to whaley

Preston Brown is garbage. If Ragland isn't much better, than it's definitely a bad trade. I think he works out to be a very solid lb and a leader of our defense. Time will tell

Regarding J Reed, there was no way to know Reed would still be on the board when we picked. Ragland was also a blue chip prospect just as Reed was. Trading up for either of them would've made some sense imo. Yes, it was a steep price to pay but if the player acquired turns out to be a stalwart, it's a good trade in my book. I like the proactive approach. You don't. All good

That's why I said 99%

Lol.... all good...

Last year when I mentioned the likes of Treadwell or Fuller people laughed at me (granted it was BBMB).

Kept drilling me that we are a run first team and would be silly to draft a WR. Yet, here we find our selves.

Now, all of a sudden WR is oh so important.

Can someone take this thread, send it to OBD and beg them to bring BBMB back? I already miss the way TBD was.

Sorry you guys (TBD) have to suffer with this. But, everytime your let in the dog, there are bound to be some fleas.

Edited by cd1

so by your genius theory no gm gets credit for any trade cause all you have to do is talk on the phone and it doesnt really involve much work? Or does this just apply to whaley

No genius theory. Can you be honest for one second and answer the question, did it take any managerial skills to complete the trade for Mccoy? What GM wouldnt have done the same thing?

What human wouldn't have done the same thing?

Its clear that a few of you hold whaley in high regard, thats fine its your opinion, we have proof he is a dishonest person (listen to fred jackson), reckless with draft picks(sammy watkins/ragland), not good at draft offensive players(too many to list), overpays people(dareus, mccoy, aw, clay, etc) blows up our cap (see our cap last year and this year), quite stubborn(continued to push ej on marrone and rex when it was clear that ej was the worse in the competion), and has a crap record.

Personally if he doesnt do something out of this world to patch these holes and attempt to work with the coach then I hope Mr. Pegula sends him on his merry way and gets a real GM here.

No genius theory. Can you be honest for one second and answer the question, did it take any managerial skills to complete the trade for Mccoy? What GM wouldnt have done the same thing?

What human wouldn't have done the same thing?

Its clear that a few of you hold whaley in high regard, thats fine its your opinion, we have proof he is a dishonest person (listen to fred jackson), reckless with draft picks(sammy watkins/ragland), not good at draft offensive players(too many to list), overpays people(dareus, mccoy, aw, clay, etc) blows up our cap (see our cap last year and this year), quite stubborn(continued to push ej on marrone and rex when it was clear that ej was the worse in the competion), and has a crap record.

Personally if he doesnt do something out of this world to patch these holes and attempt to work with the coach then I hope Mr. Pegula sends him on his merry way and gets a real GM here.

Paying McCoy ? Wut ?

How do you think the bills won games last year ?

If we don't draft a WR with a first or second our receiving corps will be a joke. It would hold back any team from having a productive season. Of course some will chose to ignore that fact and blame everything on TT. I can't believe not a single poster has mentioned that a competent number two WR would also help Sammy out a lot. We all know he's had injury issues, but it's also hard for a guy to be dominant when he's the only WR threat. We can't except Sammy to be dominant when we have some practice squad level guy as the number two.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

If we don't draft a WR with the number 10 pick our receiving corps will be a joke. It would hold back any team from having a productive season. Of course some will chose to ignore that fact and blame everything on TT. I can't believe not a single poster has mentioned that a competent number two WR would also help Sammy out a lot. We all know he's had injury issues, but it's also hard for a guy to be dominant when he's the only WR threat. We can't except Sammy to be dominant when we have some practice squad level guy as the number two.

We are FOUR DAYS into the Free Agency and there are SIX WEEKS until the draft.

There is plenty of time for things to unfold/deals to be made.

CHILL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

We are FOUR DAYS into the Free Agency and there are SIX WEEKS until the draft.

There is plenty of time for things to unfold/deals to be made.

CHILL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

For the love of God I am chill. I'm just saying it would be a joke IF a reciever isn't drafted with a high round pick this season. As far as free agency goes, I'm really not too interested in what we could get for a number two going that route. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Did Whaley forget about this need when he was out signing fullbacks and safeties?

We have one NFL caliber WR on our roster in Watkins, who is hurt at least 50% of the time. There are barely any quality receivers left in free agency (almost all of them are #3 guys like Wright, Hunter, Patterson).

Unless Doug is hell bent on drafting 3 in May, we need to start adding some guys. This is the biggest need on the team, especially when you don't have an elite QB that makes average WR's great like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

Whaley has assembled possibly the worst WR corps in the league.