Whaley forget about receiver?

So of we draft a WR at 10 that's great....that means we will only need 3 more guys. Wether we draft a WR at 10 or not, we still need to add a guy that can start. No matter what we need a slot WR. That guy won't be drafted at 10. It's a big jump from college to the pros, especially for WR. You can't just expect a guy to come in here and cary that much of the load. Watkins is hurt all of the time. You want a Rookie to end up being our #1 WR if Sammy goes down again? Whaley needs to sign at least 1 decent Veteran WR before the draft. Personally I think we need 2 or 3. It's time to get moving. Either sign a guy or trade for 1.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So of we draft a WR at 10 that's great....that means we will only need 3 more guys. Wether we draft a WR at 10 or not, we still need to add a guy that can start. No matter what we need a slot WR. That guy won't be drafted at 10. It's a big jump from college to the pros, especially for WR. You can't just expect a guy to come in here and cary that much of the load. Watkins is hurt all of the time. You want a Rookie to end up being our #1 WR if Sammy goes down again? Whaley needs to sign at least 1 decent Veteran WR before the draft. Personally I think we need 2 or 3. It's time to get moving. Either sign a guy or trade for 1.

We have some WRs on the roster, and they will add more. Calm the !@#$ down.

We need to sign at least one vet in FA. Rookie WR have one of the bigger learning curves and rarely contribute the way you want in year one.

I'm all for drafting someone in round 1/2. But we need another vet. I think we need to vets due to Sammy's injury history

Agreed. Hoping Bills can trade down from ten and grab some and extra player. Pretty key drafting some starters this go around.

IMO

Last year was a disaster at WR.. Bringing in guys off the street.

I am not calming down about this just yet.

I think they will take a CB #10 and WR in the 2nd. Although there seems to be buzz about Corey Davis and the Bills. I think the Bills want to trade out of 10.

I def want to trade out of 10 if I'm the Bills. That way you can look at OT, or DB, or WR later in the first depending on what's left.

Why are you guys so worried about the 2nd spot?

Tyrod hardly targets the second wideout, and asides from that, the bills are a run first team.

this is true. TT seems to target one guy a game. Once it was Clay, once Hunter (but only inside the 20). If we can keep Hunter then Sammy, Salas, Hunter are not a bad 1-3 WR. We'll likely draft 1-2, and pickup some FA's.

What? When did this happen? Any idea what's wrong?

Just happened. Severe lower leg injury. Hope he recovers.

Stephen Cohen‏Verified account @ scohenPI 29m 29 minutes ago

Washington CB Sidney Jones, consensus first-round NFL draft prospect, leaves pro day on a cart after suffering apparent left leg injury.

Edited by BarleyNY

...why?....we missed on signing Jeffreys for $14 mil or Pryor for $6 mil in annual deals.....and let Robert Woods walk fr 5 yrs, $39 mil with $15 mil guaranteed...Whaley needs to go.....

Hopefully the Bills can trade down from 10. Lots of needs on the roster and not enough draft picks to satisfy all those needs at the moment. Trading down and picking up an extra 2nd would be a great move if such a trade was available. Right now the best case scenario for the off-season would be for the Bills to sign another safety and a good nickle corner (Robey needs to be replaced), resign Zach Brown and then trade down in the draft to pick up an extra second round pick which would could then address CB, WR, and RT in the first two rounds with three picks and then draft another receiver or tight end in round 3.

Hopefully they can accomplish addressing the secondary a bit more and resigning Zach Brown so that they don't have so many needs come the draft.

They will add WR's. There is plenty of time still. The season doesn't start for 6+ months yet, and training camp doesn't start for almost 5... Not every single issue has to be addressed in the first few days of free agency. Be patient, let the plan unfold.

Personally, I'm glad the Bills are not breaking the bank for a bunch of expensive free agents. I'd rather see them go after some bargain signings and actually have some cap space left for later in the offseason and training camp, when more good players will shake loose.

They don't have to use up every bit of cap space this season either. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

I am very confident that the Bills will add WR's though. They really have no choice but to do so. They can't go into the season with what they have... I don't see them trying to set up TT for failure either. IMO The WR position will be addressed when they find the right fits.

Great thread!!!

Look we already had one of the worst WR groups in the NFL

Over the last years we've lost #2 WR (Woods), #3 WR (Hogan), #4 WR (Goodwin) and Harvin

So I understand fans panic here, it seems like DW is ignoring the position

Though its still only day 3 in FA

But if it remains like this going into the draft I have to think we are spending 2 of our first 3 high drafts pick on a WR/CB

If that's the plan, great, however it ain't gonna leave any high picks left for RT, S, OLB, and or future QB

We will have more starting holes than we did last year

jc