Can Sammy Watkins be elite? Chad Ochocinco gives his take

pbanach

If Ocho Stinko is capable of seeing the blatantly obvious then IDK what Rex didn't see. Last year was a wash without Sammys injured foot making him less explosive in cuts and speed but... when healthy we need to feed that man. Hopefully we sign someone capable of drawing some attention away from him and he is healthy, then Sammy could truly shine and be a top 5 WR in this league. Based on ability, not stats. We're a running team, Sammy will never top the stat sheets when compared to the Antonio, Julio, Evans and Beckham.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

I think we all know this. Sammy's two worst enemeis are 1. a limited QB in run heavy scheme and 2. his own health issues

We have seen Sammy when healthy put up big numbers even with a limited QB and run heavy scheme but we have also seen him get neglected with the same QB and scheme. And then of course he hasn't helped himself with his injuries.

We still haven't experienced that True full season with Sammy healthy for 16 games. There's no question he is an elite wide receiver and probably top 5 in the league. I just don't know if Tyrod has developed enough of a chemistry and trust with him yet? I hate the curl routes and they need to expand the route tree for Sammy, so he can take advantage of his yac. Dennison has to expand the passing game to include Sammy and Charles more. Even if it means reducing the run game.

We still haven't experienced that True full season with Sammy healthy for 16 games. There's no question he is an elite wide receiver and probably top 5 in the league. I just don't know if Tyrod has developed enough of a chemistry and trust with him yet? I hate the curl routes and they need to expand the route tree for Sammy, so he can take advantage of his yac. Dennison has to expand the passing game to include Sammy and Charles more. Even if it means reducing the run game.

Under Dennison, I expect to see Sammy run more screens, slants, and drags. He's obviously a great deep threat, but asking him to run 3-4 different routes every game is not proper utilization of his talents. Maybe even put him in the slot at times.

Under Dennison, I expect to see Sammy run more screens, slants, and drags. He's obviously a great deep threat, but asking him to run 3-4 different routes every game is not proper utilization of his talents. Maybe even put him in the slot at times.

Maybe we will see some bubble screens to Sammy. Only made his name in college by doing that.