Bills to sign former Seahawks K Steven Hauschka

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has missed 10 extra points since the new rule, more than Carpenter, in less attempts. I don't follow that logic.

He is, or has been, a very accurate FG guy though, and can kick off so there's that.

I dont know about your math but Carpenter missed 11. That is more than 10

Carpenter missed 11 with 1 being blocked

Hauschka missed 10 with 7 being blocked

That has to be be on their line

they were one of the worst units in the league

according to Pete Carrol,he was kicking the ball to low. I hope that won't be a problem moving forward @ 3+ mil a year. On a side note,the article said he had 7 of ten misses blocked. That's a trajectory issue

Just reading 5 xp's were not misses they were blocked.

That makes me feel better. Pro Football Reference only shows makes and misses, not blocked. I just saw that he also had 2 blocked in 2015, so in total he has "missed" 10 extra points - 7 blocks and 3 misses.

I dont know about your math but Carpenter missed 11. That is more than 10

Carpenter missed 11 with 1 being blocked

Hauschka missed 10 with 7 being blocked

That has to be be on their line

Bad math, it was early

Edited by JM57

Lindell stunk, he was never clutch and neither is this guy. If he signs its another blunder by DW

Why, are there kickers out there that are much better? To some no matter what the Bills do there are complaints

Main thing I like about this signing is that Hauschka was released by Seattle and thus won't count in the compensatory pick formula. He's fine, but all kickers have up and down years, and IMO it's generally not worth paying free agent money for them.

Edit: just saw the $$$ - yikes! Don't like paying that for any kicker.

Edited by Cash

Main thing I like about this signing is that Hauschka was released by Seattle and thus won't count in the compensatory pick formula. He's fine, but all kickers have up and down years, and IMO it's generally not worth paying free agent money for them.

Edit: just saw the $$$ - yikes! Don't like paying that for any kicker.

what money? I haven't seen the contract numbers yet