Bills tried to sign RT Ricky Wagner; headed to Lions

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He spends a 2nd on Koundjio and lower end picks (7th on Henderson), he can't even shore up the easier side of the OL which is RT and some of you think it's a good move spending Cordy Glenn type of money on the non blind side?

It has nothing to do with optimism, I'm not a fan of Whaley and think were a sinking ship with him, I try to be positive with him but he looks like the next Donahue or worse, sorry if others don't see it. Were headed for major cap implications down the road because he's so terrible at drafting. I still love the Bills I just hate the GM :thumbsup:

Cordy Glenn type money? Where did you see that?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for Ricky Wagner. Hopefully it's not for crazy money.

The Bills desperately need an upgrade at RT though. I can't even count how many times I seen a defender running free in the back field and it was Mills who got blown up... IMO there is no way you can bring Mills back as your starting RT after what he put on tape last year. Every defense we play will have their D line keying in on him.

I don't know if I'd break the bank for Wagner, but I can't say I wouldn't be happy if the Bills land him.

I think RT's are going to start getting paid a little better in the coming years though, with the way things are trending.

Edited by BillsFan4

I agree 100 percent, and you know how much I love Gilmore, can I put Bouye's name here!? This move makes sense if you have Romo in tow or ......Glennon. A high priced oline protecting a QB who can't pass from the pocket and around and around weeeeeeee go.

That is a zero sum logical fallacy. Just because you may not have a top tier passing QB, doesn't mean that you don't benefit greatly from being able to protect your QB. It's not a black or white issue.

And yet this team has lead the NFL in rushing 2 consecutive years, and had the #10 scoring offense despite a truly horrific RT situation.

And we would have been even better with a quality RT

That is a zero sum logical fallacy. Just because you may not have a top tier passing QB, doesn't mean that you don't benefit greatly from being able to protect your QB. It's not a black or white issue.

And we would have been even better with a quality RT

I don't think you can expect that much better of an offense with a limited QB.

Cordy Glenn type money? Where did you see that?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791016/article/ravens-ricky-wagner-set-to-blow-the-lid-off-rt-market

Spending money like this is foolish imo, it hasn't happened yet so I might be blowing it out of proportion, I've been known to do that once in awhile but if this happens it will be another bad decision, just my opinion.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

He spends a 2nd on Koundjio and lower end picks (7th on Henderson), he can't even shore up the easier side of the OL which is RT and some of you think it's a good move spending Cordy Glenn type of money on the non blind side?

It has nothing to do with optimism, I'm not a fan of Whaley and think were a sinking ship with him, I try to be positive with him but he looks like the next Donahue or worse, sorry if others don't see it. Were headed for major cap implications down the road because he's so terrible at drafting. I still love the Bills I just hate the GM :thumbsup:

This is the only year we don't have as much money to play with as some of the other teams. Next year we are going to have $50,000,000+ to use. It's not as "dire" as many people make it out to be. Hell, with a few restructures we can have around $40,000,000 this year. :thumbsup:

I would find this to be a big mistake.

I think Wagner is good, but paying big money for a RT is ill-advised IMO.

In general I agree but what are the alternatives? Gotta upgrade from Mills and the draft class is weak supposedly. Move Kujo?

If we sign him and also one more starter at WR or the secondary...I will say we had a great start to the McDermott era.

Lorenzo Alexander, Gilmore are done with the Bills. Spend the $$$ on RT and WR and draft some stud DBs,, plenty in the draft.. Redo Tyrods Deal and Call it a day.

He's one guy I know very little about, anyone with info?

I live in Baltimore and occasionally watch the Ravens. He wasn't so good on at LT when he first started in the league but has been very solid at RT protecting Joe Flacco. I would grade his pass protect a B+ and his run blocking a C. Not really a mauler.. but a good technician. Good fit for new scheme under Dennison likely

That would be two Whaley picks and a Whaley FA all gone? Not to start any trouble, but that's not a good look.

as for Kujo and Henderson,both are medical issues.And I thought I seen reported that Mills was supposed to meet with FO Saturday to discuss a new contract? I'm guessing he wanted too much. So,if we're gonna spend that kind of cash,we may as well upgrade the position. The draft is definitely weak this year for OL

I live in Baltimore and occasionally watch the Ravens. He wasn't so good on at LT when he first started in the league but has been very solid at RT protecting Joe Flacco. I would grade his pass protect a B+ and his run blocking a C. Not really a mauler.. but a good technician. Good fit for new scheme under Dennison likely

Nice

If they can get him for under $8 mil or under I'd be very pleased. Hell .. I don't mind even overpaying a little.

Mills was a disaster last year... Kouandjio is much better on the left side..and Henderson was underwhelming when healthy.

This is really the last piece of the puzzle to create a Dominant O Line. Good pass protect gives an average QB ( Tyrod, Siemian.. Cutler.. whoever it ends up being) a chance to be above average.

Edited by Bocephuz

Having a great line would really help develop a QB. Just saying.

Yes there is merit in that idea.

If Wagner were great AND an $8M player that would be consistent with that philosophy........but he's just a solid player.......the kind you should be able to develop in-house like the Ravens did with him.