Reuben Foster Sent Home From Combine

At 10? You have him playing outside or inside in this scheme? I'm having a hard time fitting anyone in right now, Davis and Kuechly were just too damn good.

If they took Foster, my LB group would ideally go:

Will - Foster

Mike - Ragland

Sam - Z Brown

Forget comparing to two of the greatest LB's of the past decade and focus on what the players we have do best. You'll drive yourself mad if that's your benchmark.

If they took Foster, my LB group would ideally go:

Will - Foster

Mike - Ragland

Sam - Z Brown

Forget comparing to two of the greatest LB's of the past decade and focus on what the players we have do best. You'll drive yourself mad if that's your benchmark.

I just don't see taking linebackers with high draft picks as the way to go. Linebackers are like guards. You need them but you don't need to take one in the first round. And with that drafting philosophy the only exception would be a special player like Ray Lewis or Urlacher.

Edited by jeffismagic

I just don't see taking linebackers with high draft picks as the way to go. Linebackers are like guards. You need them but you don't need to take one in the first round.

Honestly, I'd rather have the #1 linebacker than reach for the #3 safety, the #2/3 QB. Depends on how the board falls.

You can state that "you can find linebackers anywhere" but you don't find premier athletes at linebacker later without a plethora of flaws. You want to build a LB group like the one McDermott had, Davis, Kuechly, Thompson all top-25 picks.

Honestly, I'd rather have the #1 linebacker than reach for the #3 safety, the #2/3 QB. Depends on how the board falls.

You can state that "you can find linebackers anywhere" but you don't find premier athletes at linebacker later without a plethora of flaws. You want to build a LB group like the one McDermott had, Davis, Kuechly, Thompson all top-25 picks.

I am not advocating we reach for another position. Just stating that linebackers that are not pass-rushers are not a premium position. Premium positions would be the obvious Pass Rusher and QB.

I am not advocating we reach for another position. Just stating that linebackers that are not pass-rushers are not a premium position. Premium positions would be the obvious Pass Rusher and QB.

I get that and I absolutely agree. Although it's important to understand both the class and the situation your roster is in. I'll put things in my tiers as they pertain to picking 10th.

QB - potential need, definite need of upgrade. Not one QB I'd take at 10.

Pass rush - 1st on Shaq last year, Jerry under contract, we're not going DE at 10. McDowell as a 3-tech could make sense though.

Pass protection - RT is a big need. Anyone at 10 is a reach but, for the right player (Ramczyk), I'll let it go.

Pass catchers - Position of need. Currently only one WR with a 1st round grade for me. Corey Davis makes the list. Not a TE in the 1st kind of guy but I understand the intrigue of OJ Howard.

Pass coverage - Gilmore goes, huge need. Lattimore and Humphrey are okay for me at 10. Safety is a massive need but rare guys only that early. Hooker makes the list.

Special cases - basically any phenom talent, which I think Foster is. LB might not be a premium position but the creative freedom of having him at WLB in this scheme is hard to pass up. Reuben isn't the top of my list but he's on my list. I don't just want any LB, I want that one.

I get that and I absolutely agree. Although it's important to understand both the class and the situation your roster is in. I'll put things in my tiers as they pertain to picking 10th.

Pass rush - 1st on Shaq last year, Jerry under contract, we're not going DE at 10. McDowell as a 3-tech could make sense though.

Pass protection - RT is a big need. Anyone at 10 is a reach but, for the right player (Ramczyk), I'll let it go.

Pass catchers - Position of need. Currently only one WR with a 1st round grade for me. Corey Davis makes the list. Not a TE in the 1st kind of guy but I understand the intrigue of OJ Howard.

Pass coverage - Gilmore goes, huge need. Lattimore and Humphrey are okay for me at 10. Safety is a massive need but rare guys only that early. Hooker makes the list.

Special cases - basically any phenom talent, which I think Foster is. LB might not be a premium position but the creative freedom of having him at WLB in this scheme is hard to pass up. Reuben isn't the top of my list but he's on my list. I don't just want any LB, I want that one.

Fair enough. I haven't watched Foster that much. But that player better be SPECIAL if he is a linebacker at ten.

I do think we can draft an elite WR at 10 or failing that and no one great is on the board trade back for Mahomes.

Fair enough. I haven't watched Foster that much. But that player better be SPECIAL if he is a linebacker at ten.

I do think we can draft an elite WR at 10 or failing that and no one great is on the board trade back for Mahomes.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that one of the guys I like will be there at 10 so I'm probably inclined to stay there. I like the trade back idea because of the depth of the class though. This is a class to have a 1st, 4 Day 2 picks and a couple of 4th rounders. I might not get my 'special' WR or CB but I like the mid-round options at those positions so I don't get too concerned if Davis/Lattimore go top 9.

Kinda why I'm good with McDowell and Foster. I think LB especially is really iffy after a couple of guys if you want a stud.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that one of the guys I like will be there at 10 so I'm probably inclined to stay there. I like the trade back idea because of the depth of the class though. This is a class to have a 1st, 4 Day 2 picks and a couple of 4th rounders. I might not get my 'special' WR or CB but I like the mid-round options at those positions so I don't get too concerned if Davis/Lattimore go top 9.

Kinda why I'm good with McDowell and Foster. I think LB especially is really iffy after a couple of guys if you want a stud.

Completely agree. Bills have a lot of holes and there is so much depth in this draft. If the right situation presents itself would love to get another 2nd rounder.

Can we sticky this post? I agree with everything said 100%.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Reuben-Fosters-threat-led-to-heated-exchange-at-combine-51594450

Some color on the situation. More douchey than 'roid ragey but still not a great look.

Robert Klemko

Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

Anybody know if the hospital employee is available?
Edited by Buffalo86

I'm starting to get worried. Once upon a time, my takes got met with snorts of derision.

No contempt from me my friend. I love your takes on all things football. I may not agree with everything you say, more like 99%, but your tact is appreciated with your delivery. A true pillar of the TBD community you are

No contempt from me my friend. I love your takes on all things football. I may not agree with everything you say, more like 99%, but your tact is appreciated with your delivery. A true pillar of the TBD community you are

Stop it, you'll make me blush or cry. I'm really not an attractive crier.

Appreciate the kind words.

It was painful watching our Bills not stop the run last yet of the issue

And outside of Rex's non successful schemeI have to think our LB corps was the major reason

Ok I'm hoping Ragland is a large part of the puzzle in fixing this along with the change back to 4-3

Now I don't to claim to know much about Foster

Except most folks claim he's a top 10 pick and the bast ILB in the draft

However If he can stop the run I'd love to see him play in a Buffalo Bills uniform over the next 5 years

Because that's likely good to 2 more wins alone in 2017

jc

Rolando McClain?

Alabama LBs are hard to rate because they play behind great d lines and get to run free. If anyone's stock rose today, it's the hospital employee. Do it!

Agree 100%. There deficiencies get masked by the talent around them on defense. When they get to the next level a lot of them can't adjust and don't have the talent.

It really must have been pretty serious to send this kid home at such an important moment in his life. I am always torn in these situations, but more often than not, staying away from guys with poor character is the best choice.

I just wish we had more real intel on what actually went down. The story sounds a little weird...

An MRI is requested for various issues. Waiting sometimes means the ones ahead of you have a more serious condition or simple were scheduled ahead of you. Even if you are scheduled sometimes you get pushed back for a priority case, Of course being young and never having to go through it, he wouldn't understand that. The bigger issue I have is that IF he did say "Do you know who I am", which I question, it shows a selfish attitude and a me first type of mentality. Is he a team player or an I'm all out for me, player?

Alabama's LB Foster got into a heated argument during his physical with a hospital employee and was sent home by the NFL, although the confrontation never got physical. He checked in at 6 Ft even, 229 lbs and was one of my picks at 10, wonder what this does for his draft prospects now.

Nothing to see here. The argument was over which bbq place in Indianapolis has the best brisket. He said City BBQ, the med staff said Squealers. The argument was pretty much over before it started.

• 2 weeks later...