official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

still he has cut us off without notice. I feel like we've been put up for adoption by the team we've supported through so much bad football. As you cantell I'm definitely not over it. The BBMB was by far my favourite online activity. Not all change is progress. I like this site but don't feel that it has the critical mass of the BBMB.

Speaking for myself, I don't think you should be over it yet. None of us who had a sort of "home" there should be.

Again speaking for myself, they acted as if I am of no consequence whatsoever. Like trash to be swept up and disposed of after a game.

That's not very nice. But it doesn't reflect on me, or you. It is was trashy behavior from Bills management. A respectable individual does not treat other people like that. What amazes me is how many people will just accept being treated that way. Boggles my mind.

Recall the three weeks they left Rex Ryan twisting while the reports swirled that he would be fired. Trashy. We have a trashy management team in place at One Bills drive..

Anyway I am indeed glad Twobills is here! :)

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking for myself, I don't think you should be over it yet. None of us who had a sort of "home" there should be.

Again speaking for myself, they acted as if I am of no consequence whatsoever. Like trash to be swept up and disposed of after a game.

That's not very nice. But it doesn't reflect on me, or you. It is was trashy behavior from Bills management. A respectable individual does not treat other people like that. What amazes me is how many people will just accept being treated that way. Boggles my mind.

Recall the three weeks they left Rex Ryan twisting while the reports swirled that he would be fired. Trashy. We have a trashy management team in place at One Bills drive..

Happy to see you badlands

And yes that place was like a home to me and I'll miss talking to a bunch of people

I hear ya, at my age I hate change, and without so many brethren from the old board, I doubt I would've joined here

Lot of members on here from Florida. You should feel at home. Some may live in your neighborhood.

Never feel old.

Welcome.

It's not quite so much that it's gone, as it was definitely fraught with problems, from poor servers/software/hardware to lazy posters who didn't understand there was more than one page of threads, but the manner in which it was done. It very much seemed like a 'we don't give a flying !~*? about you lot' approach, and you get the sense that the only reason Chris Brown posted anything about it, was to stop a deluge of emails that he was probably getting.

They only had to give a day's notice, to be seen to be treating the people who frequented that board, with some respect. Even without doing that, they also could have got people redirected to a notice about the boards being shut, and the Bills wanting people to interact with them on 'vapid media'. They did none of this.

Thing is, it wasn't just a few irascible old folks and their dogs who used it. At busy times, i.e. the start of FA and the Draft, there literally were thousands on at any one time. I know for a fact that the number exceeded 2,000 on a few occasions, and I may actually be underestimating it.

Seems as though they don't actually pay much attention to the details, after all, except perhaps via lip service.

Still, nice to see that the new PR guy, is just as inept as the old PR guy. As much as things change, they still stay the same, with the possible exception of new caulking stopping the 'leaks'.

Right, after about my third rant on the subject, I think it's time to 'let go' ;)

Good to see that refugees are still welcome in some parts of the USA. ;)

And the immigration continues...

Welcome aboard. Lots of guys over there at Billievers? Gotta be close to 200 over here by now...

I see that the lievers tailgate is located in the area that has caused great embarressment (fire table slamming,etc) for Bills fans. I'll pass on that forum

From our perspective, this is really interesting. Lots of new people, good ideas, and only one banned so far that I know of. It's a lot of change in a hurry. I'm still not sure how people knew to migrate here so quickly.

Two Bills Drive was listed many times on the old BBMB as a source. When looking at the options, you go with what you know is a reasonable, knowledgeable place. At least that is what influenced my decision. This place is also a LOT calmer and does not seem very trollish at all.

While I read the old BBMB for a good 10 years, I didn't post frequently. My son actually used to ask me, "Wth are you reading that board?" and then the inevitable, "Get off it!!" It was like a train wreck, and I could not look away. I definitely do not get that vibe here. People have been very welcoming. :)

Two Bills Drive was listed many times on the old BBMB as a source. When looking at the options, you go with what you know is a reasonable, knowledgeable place. At least that is what influenced my decision. This place is also a LOT calmer and does not seem very trollish at all.

While I read the old BBMB for a good 10 years, I didn't post frequently. My son actually used to ask me, "Wth are you reading that board?" and then the inevitable, "Get off it!!" It was like a train wreck, and I could not look away. I definitely do not get that vibe here. People have been very welcoming. :)

I often looked up this site to see what was going on outside the idiosyncrasies of the BBMB.

I agree 100%. Thats that wonderfull Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley combo that would be scooped up in a nano second if fired. Lol

That is going to be the unintended 2nd and 3rd level effect.

They will lose traffic to BB.com.

I know when I was banned from BBMB in the 2nd week of the season that i have not been back to BB.com since. There was no reason for me to frequent the site again.

I dont think that the Bills understand that closing the board will have a big effect on the amount of traffic the main board is gonna lose.

We need to make a list of all the BBMB mods that wronged us!

T&C and standingbuffalo. Two of the worst moderators ever.

It was a slap in the face to shut it down the way they did. However, I am glad its gone mostly due to the terrible moderation it had. This place seems much better and I am glad to have found it.

Hi guys, just got accepted here. long time poster on the BBMB and pretty bummed it was ripped down. Makes me lose even more faith in this organisation but unfortunately for them we're out of their jurisdiction now.

Can't wait for the draft this part of the NFL year is so boring and repetitive....

That is going to be the unintended 2nd and 3rd level effect.

They will lose traffic to BB.com.

I know when I was banned from BBMB in the 2nd week of the season that i have not been back to BB.com since. There was no reason for me to frequent the site again.

I dont think that the Bills understand that closing the board will have a big effect on the amount of traffic the main board is gonna lose.

why don't you think they understand that? They wanted a fan message board off their site, like the rest of the league operates. They aren't going to leave it on there just to keep traffic to a site that they are required to have. They do, however, want to increase social media engagement, like every other professional sports organization. Edited by YoloinOhio