The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man, I love the way this dude makes you leftists spit up your tapioca every day. :lol:

It's amazing they haven't figured out how to discern trolling from actual statements quite yet. And as a result, they keep stepping on the same rakes, over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing they haven't figured out how to discern trolling from actual statements quite yet. And as a result, they keep stepping on the same rakes, over and over again. 

Trolling isn’t at all presidential. Even jokingly saying something like this is disgusting. But your ilk is totally fine with and loves it? 

Meanwhile he’s turning the White House into a fortress which is straight from the dictator playbook.

Man I just wonder how far the cognitive dissonance will go with some of you before you finally see the forest for the trees.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

Trolling isn’t at all presidential.

It hasn't been until the past four years. But trying to understand Trump without factoring in his (obvious) trolling is asking to be forever misinformed. 

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

Even jokingly saying something like this is disgusting.

You're welcome to that opinion. No one is arguing it. But it's a very different opinion to hold that than it is to claim what Trump said was not said in jest. You understand why, right?

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

But your ilk is totally fine with and loves it?

My "ilk"  ?: -- proving you still haven't learned why Trump won in 2016 and will win again in November. 

9 minutes ago, Capco said:

Meanwhile he’s turning the White House into a fortress which is straight from the dictator playbook.

Wild topic change -- and also laughably false. He's such a dictator he's letting you say this online (and millions more like you) without doing a thing. Again, you need to get a grip. 

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

Man I just wonder how far the cognitive dissonance will go with some of you before you finally see the forest for the trees.

You overlooked (gleefully) a 21st century coup, three years of media lying to your face, and then make a post up in arms about an obvious joke -- and you think "my ilk" is the one struggling with cognitive dissonance? 

Again, you've slid far, my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Trolling isn’t at all presidential. Even jokingly saying something like this is disgusting. But your ilk is totally fine with and loves it? 

The one thing I read incorrectly about Trump is that he has become the voice for the millions and millions of people who the left and its media has pissed all over for years.

I'm talking about the flyover redneck country you all have so much contempt for that you don't even think their votes should matter. You'd rather see your coastal elitist masters use a popular vote to dictate who should run this country so you won't need to listen to those corn-fed blue collar racist pig stains on the bottom of your shiny new Gucci loafers.

So you can take your definition of 'presidential' and shove it because these people see what 'presidential' has gotten them over the years, and it's a big fat goose-egg of support. Whether it was Bush or Clinton or Obama, these people were overlooked and treated like crap.

But don't worry. Biden will probably get the win, and then you can show everyone how presidential it is for a man to be so far into dementia he has to hide in his basement and literally has no idea how many grandchildren he has. That will definitely make the WH great again. :lol:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wild topic change -- and also laughably false. He's such a dictator he's letting you say this online (and millions more like you) without doing a thing. Again, you need to get a grip. 

Meanwhile...who is blocking who from sharing online content? Oh, is that Twitter and FB blocking all conservative content again?

Man, Trump's not just a crappy racist...he's a lousy dictator, too!

• Like (+1) 2

7 Big Stories Corporate Media Is Ignoring Because The Truth Might Help Trump

by Margot Cleveland

Original Article

When Donald Trump entered the political arena some five years ago, reporters floundered for a way to cover his candidacy. Then, sensing a ratings boom from the chaos the businessman and former reality TV star injected into the primary, the left-leaning press quickly converted to covering all things Trump, benefitting both their bottom line and their sense of schadenfreude.

Following Trump’s surprise election in 2016, the press faced a different challenge: How to cover a president they despised? Unfortunately, their answer was to abandon any semblance of journalistic integrity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

7 Big Stories Corporate Media Is Ignoring Because The Truth Might Help Trump

by Margot Cleveland

Original Article

When Donald Trump entered the political arena some five years ago, reporters floundered for a way to cover his candidacy. Then, sensing a ratings boom from the chaos the businessman and former reality TV star injected into the primary, the left-leaning press quickly converted to covering all things Trump, benefitting both their bottom line and their sense of schadenfreude.

Following Trump’s surprise election in 2016, the press faced a different challenge: How to cover a president they despised? Unfortunately, their answer was to abandon any semblance of journalistic integrity.

...they have leaned heavily left as usual and were in their glory during Obama's tenure...and his Clinton Dynasty puppeteers....certainly expecting the "Pant Suit W" in 2016 and got blindsided.....as did BOTH SIDES of the political establishment.....journalistic integrity and unbiased reporting disappeared YEARS ago.....now it's more of a cesspool of animus, hatred & vitriol adding to this nation's divide......NEVER liked Trump's business style at all.....BUT...the electorate screamed for a true outsider to drain the swamp and they got their guy in 2016......of course he brought along his persona ala a typical NYC dude, loudmouthed, brash, abrasive, abusive et al.....BUT he sure as hell shocked the "good 'ol boyz network" on BOTH SIDES, a stagnant CYA fraternity again, ON BOTH SIDES, that was in dire need.....and CERTAINLY, there are PLENTY of instances where he just needs to STFU and have his damn Twitter account deleted....Jesus...........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I wish her well, but the WHCA is going to close ranks to shun her even more - including, I suspect, suing Trump/McEnany if they allow her equal access/footing with the WHCA monopoly. That's how pompous and arrogant those jackwads are.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I wish her well, but the WHCA is going to close ranks to shun her even more - including, I suspect, suing Trump/McEnany if they allow her equal access/footing with the WHCA monopoly. That's how pompous and arrogant those jackwads are.

I am sure it will come to a lawsuit, but it is one worth pursuing. Part of the problem is those allowed in the room have had an agenda with a similar point of view for years and the American public is not being well-served by our press. "The other side" might just be what that dying industry needs, but they are probably too insular to consider that.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am sure it will come to a lawsuit, but it is one worth pursuing. Part of the problem is those allowed in the room have had an agenda with a similar point of view for years and the American public is not being well-served by our press. "The other side" might just be what that dying industry needs, but they are probably too insular to consider that.

They are incredibly arrogant.

There's a weekday show on SiriusXM's POTUS channel called "The Press Pool". It's hosted by Julie Mason, a former White House correspondent. It's an interesting show, and for the most part is fine. However, when she is talking to her fellow reporters, the sheer arrogance comes through. They really believe that they are unimpeachable heroes.

....he needs to zip his New Yorker yap and STFU......the other side will self destruct WITHOUT his azzclown tweets......focus on accomplishments and there are several IMO......sad how you ask the all knowing critics 'round these parts who would be their person leading the Covid-19 response, something not seen since 1917 or what they would do differently and all you get is.......crickets.......just keep attacking......THEIR way....