The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

28 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So Judge Napolitano has been ripping Trump for the past two years, and is NOW complaining that Trump isn't treating him well as a "friend"?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/andrew-napolitano-responds-trump-twitter-140623867.html

Note: he did not deny he asked for the position or the pardon. 

:lol: 

THE PRESS HAS LEARNED NOTHING

The White House Correspondents’ Association held its annual dinner Saturday night. Who knew? With President Trump and all senior members of his administration staying away, the event passed unnoticed. But Emily Zanotti has an account:

President Donald Trump announced several weeks ago that he would not appear at the annual event…for the third year in a row. For the first time, however, the president said all senior members of the White House staff will “boycott” the event.
That decision came after [Sarah] Huckabee Sanders endured cruel taunts at the hands of last year’s featured speaker, comedian Michelle Wolf. Fearing no Trump administration associate could show up at the WHCA dinner without being personally attacked, despite a longstanding tradition of good-natured ribbing between the press and the president through dueling speeches, the White House simply stopped RSVPing to the event.

Good for them. In response, the Correspondents’ Association dispensed with the usual “comedian.”

The White House Correspondents’ Association responded by making swift changes to the event’s lineup, substituting historian Ron Chernow for the expected comedy act, but it did not tempt the White House back to the dinner.

Interesting that with the White House not in attendance, the Association saw no point in hiring a comedian. Instead, the event turned gloomy.

President of the White House Correspondents’ Association, Olivier Knox, first delivered what Grabien News termed a “dark sermon” on the state of the First Amendment and the all-encompassing fear journalists who cover the president are now feeling.

Fear? Oh, please. Reporters and editors pretend to believe that the First Amendment is somehow in danger from the Trump administration, but they know better. Their real complaint is that the president has used his own right of free speech to expose their mendacity.

More at the link:  https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/the-press-has-learned-nothing.php

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE PRESS HAS LEARNED NOTHING

The White House Correspondents’ Association held its annual dinner Saturday night. Who knew? With President Trump and all senior members of his administration staying away, the event passed unnoticed. But Emily Zanotti has an account:

President Donald Trump announced several weeks ago that he would not appear at the annual event…for the third year in a row. For the first time, however, the president said all senior members of the White House staff will “boycott” the event.
That decision came after [Sarah] Huckabee Sanders endured cruel taunts at the hands of last year’s featured speaker, comedian Michelle Wolf. Fearing no Trump administration associate could show up at the WHCA dinner without being personally attacked, despite a longstanding tradition of good-natured ribbing between the press and the president through dueling speeches, the White House simply stopped RSVPing to the event.

Good for them. In response, the Correspondents’ Association dispensed with the usual “comedian.”

The White House Correspondents’ Association responded by making swift changes to the event’s lineup, substituting historian Ron Chernow for the expected comedy act, but it did not tempt the White House back to the dinner.

Interesting that with the White House not in attendance, the Association saw no point in hiring a comedian. Instead, the event turned gloomy.

President of the White House Correspondents’ Association, Olivier Knox, first delivered what Grabien News termed a “dark sermon” on the state of the First Amendment and the all-encompassing fear journalists who cover the president are now feeling.

Fear? Oh, please. Reporters and editors pretend to believe that the First Amendment is somehow in danger from the Trump administration, but they know better. Their real complaint is that the president has used his own right of free speech to expose their mendacity.

More at the link:  https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/the-press-has-learned-nothing.php

Awe....was the lying cow offended? Moo! 

https://news.yahoo.com/new-york-times-editorial-board-blasts-new-york-times-for-publishing-antisemitic-cartoon-141701465.html

So the NY Times Editorial Board makes a halfassed apology for the horribly anti-Semitic cartoon they published, but then go on to blame Trump for violence against Jews, before falsely claiming he does not condemn White Nationalists.

“As anti-Semitism has surged from the internet into the streets, President Trump has done too little to rouse the national conscience against it,” the editorial board wrote. “Though he condemned the cartoon in The Times, he has failed to speak out against anti-Semitic groups like the white nationalists who marched in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017 chanting, ‘Jews will not replace us.’ He has practiced a politics of intolerance for diversity, and attacks on some minority groups threaten the safety of every minority group.”

***** disingenuous jackals.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm surprised they waited until after the hearing to publish.

I mean...they break the Mueller letter last night, double-down on it this morning...you know they were doubling down again on the letter with this.  I wouldn't doubt they had this written before the hearings were over, if even that late.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'm surprised they waited until after the hearing to publish.

I mean...they break the Mueller letter last night, double-down on it this morning...you know they were doubling down again on the letter with this.  I wouldn't doubt they had this written before the hearings were over, if even that late.

100%

Brian Williams interrupting Barr multiple times to tell us that this is not a truthful thing from Barr

Brian Williams rejects the truth like Dracula rejects holy water 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Brian Williams interrupting Barr multiple times to tell us that this is not a truthful thing from Barr

Brian Williams rejects the truth like Dracula rejects holy water 

In fairness, Brian Williams was in THE ROOM where this all went down & we should all be appreciative that he's as honorable a soldier as he is.

'Course, he MIGHT have watched a SMIDGE too much of "You are There" as a kid.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In fairness, Brian Williams was in THE ROOM where this all went down & we should all be appreciative that he's as honorable a soldier as he is.

'Course, he MIGHT have watched a SMIDGE too much of "You are There" as a kid.

Need a network to put the gif of Trump saying “wrong” hundreds of times when the Dems speak in public

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Can't, he doesn't have sufficient street cred as a self-hating white guy.

didn't they appoint the Asian women to the Board who had 200 Kill Whitey tweets?

Mueller conducted a fair investigation, voters say 72 - 18 percent, including 65 - 25 percent among Republicans.

Voters say 51 - 38 percent that the Mueller Report did not clear President Trump of any wrongdoing.

American voters also say 54 - 42 percent that Trump “attempted to derail or obstruct the investigation into the Russian interference in the 2016 election.” . . .

The news media is an important part of democracy, 66 percent of American voters say, while 23 percent say the media is the "enemy of the people." Republicans say 49 - 36 percent that the news media is the enemy of the people. Every other listed party, gender, education, age and racial group says the media is an important part of democracy.

By 52 - 35 percent, voters trust the media more than Trump to tell the truth about important issues. Republicans trust Trump more than the media 82 - 9 percent. :lol: (Idiots) Trusting the media more are Democrats 92 - 2 percent and independent voters 54 - 29 percent. ...

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2618

On 4/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, B-Man said:

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Still one of the few things that completely baffles me.....how any Jew in this country could vote with the leftists who so clearly hate them.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Still one of the few things that completely baffles me.....how any Jew in this country could vote with the leftists who so clearly hate them.

Intersectionality.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Intersectionality.

By happenstance I read this about an hour ago.......................?

THIS MAKES ME JOYFUL:  My spell check is adamant that “intersectionality” is not a word.  

Right you are, Mr. Spell Check.............by Gail Heriot

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

i can barely speak for my community let alone others....

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

didn't they appoint the Asian women to the Board who had 200 Kill Whitey tweets?

Exactly. That's why the white guy can't get the job. He hasn't advocated for killing Whitey enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, not exactly Trump-related, but it still fits. The MSM are a buncha hacks. BTW, they were banned on Facebook and IG (IG is owned by Facebook). Since Google basically banned them via youtube and search suppression, they have all been un-personed, and their livelihoods impacted.  Agree with them or not, this is just wrong.

The Atlantic article:

Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists
Alex Jones, Infowars, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Laura Loomer, Paul Nehlen, and Louis Farrakhan have all been removed from the platforms.

I see @Deranged Rhino beat me to it. ? 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, not exactly Trump-related, but it still fits. The MSM are a buncha hacks. BTW, they were banned on Facebook and IG (IG is owned by Facebook). Since Google basically banned them via youtube and search suppression, they have all been un-personed, and their livelihoods impacted.  Agree with them or not, this is just wrong.

The Atlantic article:

Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists
Alex Jones, Infowars, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Laura Loomer, Paul Nehlen, and Louis Farrakhan have all been removed from the platforms.

I see @Deranged Rhino beat me to it. ? 

I was just about to post that.  Caught my eye too.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Plus...if Facebook is infrastructure that must be secured from tampering for free and fair elections, that argues that this is a First Amendment violation.  And election tampering.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Plus...if Facebook is infrastructure that must be secured from tampering for free and fair elections, that argues that this is a First Amendment violation.  And election tampering.

I had an idea today to help the election in regards to social media.  Build a digital wall.

6 months before the election until the day after, if you are in America you can only get ads/posts/tweets that originated in the contiguous 48 and Alaska and Hawaii.

GRADUALLY, THEN SUDDENLY:.................. How Media Narratives Became More Important Than Facts.

Sharyl Attkisson:

A case in point: the smear that was promulgated when I left CBS. It was often incorrectly reported that I told CBS management I was quitting due to liberal media bias. That false story turned out to be convenient for both political sides, and largely survives today. It simply wasn’t rooted in fact. And I don’t recall reporters even asking me whether it was true. Once a few articles reported that it was, others simply copied the claim and adopted it as if established fact, eventually without attribution. Now there would be no point in trying to clarify it. After all, Wikipedia says it’s true. No going back from that.

Powerful smear groups and certain interests—including some within CBS at the time—started the narrative that I was “conservative,” not because they necessarily believed it, but as a tool to “controversialize” the reporting I was doing that was contrary to powerful interests. The idea is that if I can be portrayed as a partisan, then my reporting can be more easily dismissed.

Please read the whole thing.

WHEN DEMOCRATS SPOUT OBVIOUS UNTRUTHS:.................... It doesn’t fit the narrative, so it isn’t newsworthy.

Edited by B-Man

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I had an idea today to help the election in regards to social media.  Build a digital wall.

6 months before the election until the day after, if you are in America you can only get ads/posts/tweets that originated in the contiguous 48 and Alaska and Hawaii.

who relies on a facebook page to decide their vote?

is this the IQ sector lower than those watching The View?

It's a pattern on this story. 

The biggest political (and geopolitical) scandal perhaps in the country's history has been ignored for three years because the influencers in the media have chosen a side. Truth isn't their primary concern, covering their own asses is all they care about now.

• Like (+1) 3