The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Humor is “funny.” 

I already used the dark horse reference. Copying my line doesn’t make you funny. Just unoriginal. 

I didn't see you used it but regardless you must have thought it funny. Anyway I've got to go now, the bottom of my shoe still has a little bit of you left on it and the stench is sickening.

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The ONLY way to combat information warfare is to learn how to hone your own individual discernment. It's hard, laborious work. It requires time that most of us just do not have in our day to day lives with work, family, and other responsibilities -- but it's the ONLY way to move forward in a free society. 

If we are forced to rely upon censorship or algorithms to do our heavy lifting, we are helping the enemies of free thought and liberty. Doubly so with tech giants (who are to a company tied directly to the USIC). We just survived (barely) a three year period where our own intelligence services were waging a disinformation war against its own people. Do we really think the wise move is to say to the very same people who just tried to deceive the public at large, "here, tell us what's good and bad information because we're too lazy to do the homework ourselves"? 

That's a recipe for tyranny.  

Good luck with that.

for the most part, people are not getting better at discernment but are getting worse at it.  And will continue to. Social media makes people dumber, not smarter.

the real problem IMHO is that a majority of people on earth have decided to voluntarily sign up and participate in the greatest population control device ever invented (so far).

Russia is doing this to countries all over the world. Brexit, France, Ukraine. We can sit back, and as you suggest, hope people are smarter this time, or do as I suggest, fight fire with fire.  Block everything that comes from there for six months so we can at least try to have a more sane less disinformed election cycle.  2016 seemed pretty tyrannical to me.  2020 is gonna be even worse for the same reasons IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Good luck with that.

for the most part, people are not getting better at discernment but are getting worse at it.  And will continue to. Social media makes people dumber, not smarter.

the real problem IMHO is that a majority of people on earth have decided to voluntarily sign up and participate in the greatest population control device eve invented (so far).

Russia is doing this to countries all over the world. Brexit, France, Ukraine. We can sit back, and as you suggest, hope people are smarter this time, or do as I suggest, fight fire with fire.  Block everything that comes from there for six months so we can at least try to have a more sane less disinformed election cycle.  2016 seemed pretty tyrannical to me.  2020 is gonna be even worse for the same reasons IMHO.

So what about all of the foreigners that are *inside* our borders already and getting their marching orders from other governments/special interest groups? 

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Good luck with that.

the real problem IMHO is that a majority of people on earth have decided to voluntarily sign up and participate in the greatest population control device ever invented (so far).

The solution isn't to go backwards, that's giving up not finding a solution. And favoring censorship "because people are dumber" is giving up. 

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Russia is doing this to countries all over the world. Brexit, France, Ukraine. We can sit back, and as you suggest, hope people are smarter this time, or do as I suggest, fight fire with fire. 

Russia was not even the worst actor in the 2016 election or Brexit. Western intelligence agencies sowed more disinformation and division than Russia could muster. If you have come out of the last three years thinking Russia "attacked our democracy" then you've learned the wrong lesson. 

The last two years of lies (which used Russian disinformation) were created, pushed, and reinforced by our own intelligence agencies, media, and members of government. Some are enemies of this country and everything it stands for -- giving them more power to do harm is not a sane solution. 

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Block everything that comes from there for six months so we can at least try to have a more sane less disinformed election cycle.  2016 seemed pretty tyrannical to me.  2020 is gonna be even worse for the same reasons IMHO.

Again, this is just wrong. Russia did less than our own intelligence agencies to ***** with the election. Cutting Russia out does nothing to fix the problem, and in fact makes the bad actors inside our government/media/congress stronger.

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

So what about all of the foreigners that are *inside* our borders already and getting their marching orders from other governments/special interest groups? 

Sure, it wouldn't stop them.  Nothing is 100%, especially in this game.  But it would cut out a lot of it.  Sure there are things like IP spoofing and so forth etc, but they could also be detected and squashed.  Information Warfare is a game of whack a mole no doubt.

But we gotta do something.  Just hoping people on social media will get smarter is a fools errand and recipe for tyranny, a race war, and blood in the streets IMHO.  We saw it last time and are seeing it again already.

We gotta fight back in the Information Warfare space to have any chance IMHO.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Sure, it wouldn't stop them.  Nothing is 100%, especially in this game.  But it would cut out a lot of it.  Sure there are things like IP spoofing and so forth etc, but they could also be detected and squashed.  Information Warfare is a game of whack a mole no doubt.

But we gotta do something.  Just hoping people on social media will get smarter is a fools errand and recipe for tyranny, a race war, and blood in the streets IMHO.  We saw it last time and are seeing it again already.

We gotta fight back in the Information Warfare space to have any chance IMHO.

You can't fight back in an information war by depriving people of information. That's helping the enemies of free thought and liberty, not protecting them.

facebook and it's ilk fully encourage criminal plots on its media paths, only banning quotes from the Declaration of Independence or banal conservative comments, so that should help

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, this is just wrong. Russia did less than our own intelligence agencies to ***** with the election. Cutting Russia out does nothing to fix the problem, and in fact makes the bad actors inside our government/media/congress stronger.

You got a good point there. 

Got a better idea?  People being smarter.  Like I said, good luck with that.  Serious question:  What do you think are the odds of that happening?

I do agree that this would be THE BEST way to fight it.

Instead of the time and energy spent trying to get Trump which will do NOTHING to help the 2020 election, we should be ramping up a public relations campaign with commercials with Bill Clinton, W, Jimmy Carter, Jimmy Kimmel, etc. telling people to be smarter this time. Like you say, it's our best chance.  But no, impeach Trump!  Blue vs Red.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree in principle. In a perfect world without foreign governments and other bad actors trying to manipulate our citizens to sow division and perhaps even sway the outcome of or elections.  This is information warfare. I've read of it for years and it has been around, but it has now been bumped to a whole new level.  We must react accordingly. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_warfare

Sounds like the 2016 election to me.

I don't think we can depend on Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter and Google to weed out all the offending stuff and protect us from foreign disinformation.

Until we can come up with a better way to fight this, just shut it all down 6 months before the election.  Let us Americans have an internal discussion about our own election.  I know Zuckeberg can do this because he censors things in countries like China and not elsewhere. 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/23/facebook-secret-software-censor-user-posts-china

You could still read foreign news sources and email with your rooskie friends and relatives.  They just can't push to us.

I could do it in 100 lines of code or less:

if(ipAddress not in usListOfIPs)
{
 tweet >> /dev/null;
}

The appropriate action is never to suspend freedoms, and violate the rights of citizens in the name of security.

If you remember correctly, the suspension of the right to privacy, and giving the government the authority to conduct broad based spying on American citizens; all in the name of security, is exactly how we wound up here.

Freedom is dangerous, but Americans have the right to consume information from around the globe.

The alternative is entrusting the government to tell you what you’re allowed to know, and not know; and I’m not willing to live in that dystopia.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You can't fight back in an information war by depriving people of information. That's helping the enemies of free thought and liberty, not protecting them.

Looks to me like letting it all don't work worth a darn.  In 2016, Letting it in and getting people all freaked out and having our legit news organizations using it as sources helped our external Information Warfare enemies immensely.  It's a new world, we may need to change our tactics.

You got a good point there. 

Got a better idea?  People being smarter.  Like I said, good luck with that.  Serious question:  What do you think are the odds of that happening?

It's not an easy solution, but it's the only one that will effectively combat disinformation while preserving our free speech/free thought ideals. People (plural) are dumb, a person is smart. This is a one on one conversation/discussion that needs to happen person by person, family by family, friend to friend. 

Learning how to properly source materials, vet information, and think for oneself are arguably the most important skills someone can possess in today's climate. They're crucial life skills which can be learned -- regardless of one's IQ. 

But there are hurdles: partisanship, denial, and the (decades) of conditioning/programming we've all been subjected to. 

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I do agree that this would be THE BEST way to fight it.

:beer: 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Looks to me like letting it all don't work worth a darn.  In 2016, Letting it in and getting people all freaked out and having our legit news organizations using it as sources helped our external Information Warfare enemies immensely.  It's a new world, we may need to change our tactics.

But the people who "let it in" didn't. They authored it, at home here in the US, and lied about its origin. They pointed at Russia as the culprit, while they themselves were the actual perpetrators. 

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The appropriate action is never to suspend freedoms, and violate the rights of citizens in the name of security.

If you remember correctly, the suspension of the right to privacy, and giving the government the authority to conduct broad based spying on American citizens; all in the name of security, is exactly how we wound up here.

Freedom is dangerous, but Americans have the right to consume information from around the globe.

The alternative is entrusting the government to tell you what you’re allowed to know, and not know; and I’m not willing to live in that distopia.

If people want to find out what Russia thinks about our election during that 6 month period, they can google or if they're smart DuckduckGo it.  Just don't let 'em push it to us, ,that's all.  No one's being censored or deprived of information. Think of this way, Americans have the right to go anywhere and do anything, should we also allow foreign troops to do the same?

This is INFORMATION WARFARE.  I just don't think we can sit back and hope it doesn't work this time because people will be smarter.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If people want to find out what Russia thinks about our election during that 6 month period, they can google or if they're smart DuckduckGo it.  Just don't let 'em push it to us, ,that's all.  No one's being censored or deprived of information. Think of this way, Americans have the right to go anywhere and do anything, should we also allow foreign troops to do the same?

This is INFORMATION WARFARE.  I just don't think we can sit back and hope it doesn't work this time because people will be smarter.

People are required to be smarter if they want to be free.

There is no alternative.

If we’re going to eliminate freedoms in order to protect people’s willingness to be stupid and lazy, then we may as well surrender, because we’ve already lost.

I refuse to live in a society designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

You want a solution that makes actual sense?  Do away with the concept of universal suffrage.  If someone can’t be bothered to earn the franchise, then they don’t deserve it, and it would encourage an educated, informed, and involved electorate.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not an easy solution, but it's the only one that will effectively combat disinformation while preserving our free speech/free thought ideals. People (plural) are dumb, a person is smart. This is a one on one conversation/discussion that needs to happen person by person, family by family, friend to friend. 

Learning how to properly source materials, vet information, and think for oneself are arguably the most important skills someone can possess in today's climate. They're crucial life skills which can be learned -- regardless of one's IQ. 

But there are hurdles: partisanship, denial, and the (decades) of conditioning/programming we've all been subjected to. 

:beer: 

But the people who "let it in" didn't. They authored it, at home here in the US, and lied about its origin. They pointed at Russia as the culprit, while they themselves were the actual perpetrators. 

Yes, but a lot of it did come from there in the form of tweet bots etc..  My friend is an avid social media person and she knew it was going on at the time.  It was that obvious to those smart enough.  The Mueller Report talks about it.  Since we don't have Obama in the White House this time perhaps not nearly as much of the internal stuff will happen.

Many of those social media posts “”disparaged” Hillary Clinton or promoted Trump, Mueller found.

“By the end of the 2016 U.S. election, the IRA had the ability to reach millions of U.S. persons through their social media accounts,” the report concluded.

The social media campaign Mueller described has been outlined in an indictment his team filed against alleged Russian operatives and in congressional testimony by leaders of social media companies. Mueller’s 448-page report underscores his findings that Russian agents had been attempting to influence opinion on social media as far back as 2014.

Through the IRA, Russian intelligence agents created pages and accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube that had millions of followers between them. It also bought ads to expand their reach, spending as much as $100,000 at Facebook, according to the report.

One advertisement showed an image of Clinton. It read, “If one day God lets this liar enter the White House as president - that day would be a real national tragedy.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/technology/article229433499.html

Unless you don't believe the Mueller report?

Yes, but a lot of it did come from there in the form of tweet bots etc..  My friend is an avid social media person and she knew it was going on at the time.  It was that obvious to those smart enough.  The Mueller Report talks about it.  Since we don't have Obama in the White House this time perhaps not nearly as much of the internal stuff will happen.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/technology/article229433499.html

Unless you don't believe the Mueller report?

When it comes to the IRA sections of the Mueller report, and its reach, there's every reason to doubt its accuracy. 

There was no hack. 

There was an army of Russian bots but those numbers are not anywhere close to as large as the media and USIC wanted us to believe -- not even close. 

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If we’re going to eliminate freedoms in order to protect people’s willingness to be stupid and lazy, then we may as well surrender, because we’ve already lost.

Prepare to lose. We're well on the way.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I refuse to live in a society designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

You already do.

the other side is heavily weaponizing information and using it against us, so we'll just sit back and hope people get smarter.  Sounds like a plan.

Prepare to lose. We're well on the way.

You already do.

the other side is heavily weaponizing information and using it against us, so we'll just sit back and hope people get smarter.  Sounds like a plan.

Again, it's not the "other side" doing this. 

It's our own IC. 

You want to combat it, you need to first recognize who the actual enemies are. They're not in Russia. They're here. At home. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, it's not the "other side" doing this. 

It's our own IC. 

You want to combat it, you need to first recognize who the actual enemies are. They're not in Russia. They're here. At home. 

It was both.

It was both.

Russia bought 10k worth of Facebook ads. 

Our IC created disinformation about a Russian/Trump conspiracy, fed it to the media and the people of our country, then lit a fire under anyone who dared question it, all in order to commit fraud on the FISC and (eventually) execute a backdoor coup. 

One is not like the other. 

One is a real threat to our country. The other has been going on since the nineteenth century.

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Our IC created disinformation about a Russian/Trump conspiracy, fed it to the media and the people of our country, then lit a fire under anyone who dared question it, all in order to commit fraud on the FISC and (eventually) execute a backdoor coup. 

One is a real threat to our country. The other has been going on since the nineteenth century.

This is exactly correct.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did Russia participate in the Brexit or French or Ukraine elections?  Did Russia not try to influence things here in 2016 at all?  What was the IRA doing?

Again, there were many bad actors.  I'm just trying to plug one hole.

I can't believe people are so adamant about protecting our Information Warfare enemy's 1st amendment rights.  And don't hand me the censorship thing, we're already heavily censored.  Besides I don't want to censor anyone.  Look it up if you want.  Just don't let them push it to us.

And you don't need FaceBook ads when news outlets like CNN and the New York Times are using your disinformation as a source for their stories.

How do we get all these people to be smarter again?  They're getting dumber by the minute thanks to the greatest population control device ever invented (so far).

As I said in my initial post, information warfare has been around forever. It has now risen to a much loftier/effective level than at any other point in human history by far.  We might need to re think this IMHO.

32 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Did Russia participate in the Brexit or French or Ukraine elections?  Did Russia not try to influence things here in 2016 at all?  What was the IRA doing?

I can't believe people are so adamant about protecting our Information Warfare enemy's 1st amendment rights.  And don't hand me the censorship thing, we're already heavily censored.  Besides I don't want to censor anyone.  Look it up if you want.  Just don't let them push it to us.

And you don't need FaceBook ads when news outlets like CNN and the New York Times are using your disinformation as a source for their stories.

How do we get all these people to be smarter again?  They're getting dumber by the minute thanks to the greatest population control device ever invented (so far).

As I said in my initial post, information warfare has been around forever. It has now risen to a much loftier/effective level than at any other point in human history by far.  We might need to re think this IMHO.

To what ends are we concerned with free and fair elections if not to protect freedom itself?

If we do away with freedom in order to protect our elections, what was the point in the first place of protecting them?

No one is arguing in favor of the First Amendment rights of disinformation agents.  We’re arguing in favor of the rights of everyone.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

To what ends are we concerned with free and fair elections if not to protect freedom itself?

Freedom and information in America is what needs to be protected.

And as I said, my plan is not to censor anything.  If you want to find out what Russia thinks about the election and what disinformation they're pedaling by all means, look it up.  Just don't let them push it to us just as we would not let them push a bomb in our direction.

America First.

As Ted Cruz would say, if all you got is people should be smarter, you ain't got nuthin'.

30 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Did Russia participate in the Brexit or French or Ukraine elections?  Did Russia not try to influence things here in 2016 at all?

Sure. But not as much as our IC did (or Britain's, or the French). Again, Russia is a boogeyman to cover the real insidiousness of both Brexit and the 2016 election -- which was borne domestically, not in the GRU. 

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What was the IRA doing?

The IRA has been known about since the NYT did an article on them way back in 2012. Mueller didn't uncover anything new with the IRA -- if anything, the fact that the IRA represents the only Russians indicted (meaningless indictments of course, they'll never appear in a court room), is further proof of what I'm saying. If the Russian interference were as bad as the media and IC wants us to believe, they'd have a stronger case to make than what they put forth in the Mueller report.

The IRA isn't even the tip of the spear in terms of the GRU/SVR cyber warfare divisions. They're easy marks to spark fear in the public. 

33 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

:beer: I hear you and I'm really not trying to say otherwise, I'm just pointing out that focusing on Russia -- who did meddle but did so at levels that are not in any way the threat they've been made out to be -- allows the true bad actors, the ones who actually threaten our democratic republic and national security, to get an easy pass. The real damage done in both Brexit and the 2016 elections were done by western intelligence agencies working for a globalist agenda. 

It's WMD all over again. 

Look here!

(not here)

36 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I can't believe people are so adamant about protecting our Information Warfare enemy's 1st amendment rights. 

No one is trying to protect their first amendment rights, people are trying to protect our own. And yours. Freedom of speech and thought is a strength, not a flaw in our system. Setting up any form of state sanctioned censorship -- especially in the name of national security -- is helping the enemy's cause. 

The burden is on us to be better educated. To be better consumers of information. That's a learnable and teachable skill. 

38 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

And don't hand me the censorship thing, we're already heavily censored.  Besides I don't want to censor anyone.  Look it up if you want.  Just don't let them push it to us.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to set up a filter -- run by the state -- which prevents foreign information from being accessible to Americans. You're inserting a censor between the public and information, even if you do not call it a censor. That's precisely what we should strive to avoid for all the reasons stated above: it's doing the work of the enemy for them. 

Think back to the Patriot Act. How that was pushed, what triggers they pulled to get the people to agree to the exchange of freedoms for security. It should feel very familiar and I know you were no fan. 

41 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Again, the media were not doing the bidding of the Russians, they were doing the bidding (in large swaths) of our own IC who wanted them to stoke the fears of a boogeyman and a threat that was not real. 

Just like WMD. 

Just like the war on terror. 

Same tricks, same end goal: more control over us, more power for them.

42 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

By fighting, rather than giving up. The old control systems are being dismantled before our eyes and exposed as frauds. 

It's going to take time to unlearn what we have learned. 

/Yoda

44 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'll posit it this way. I agree that information warfare is more effective than ever. And I agree that Russia has developed capabilities for which we must develop countermeasures. 

But if you believe that to be true, that Russian intelligence services' information warfare capabilities are potent and powerful -- do you think they're more or less powerful than the better funded western intelligence services? Do you think the GRU is better at their jobs than the NSA? 

As always, thanks for the thoughtful response Deranged.

:beer: I hear you and I'm really not trying to say otherwise, I'm just pointing out that focusing on Russia -- who did meddle but did so at levels that are not in any way the threat they've been made out to be -- allows the true bad actors, the ones who actually threaten our democratic republic and national security, to get an easy pass. The real damage done in both Brexit and the 2016 elections were done by western intelligence agencies working for a globalist agenda.

It's WMD all over again.

Look here!

(not here)

I did only mention Russia but really I think other countries were in involved in the social media part of this.  Like China probably as well as some 400 lb guys in beds with laptops.

These people were not so much trying to influence the outcome of the election as in sowing unrest and division in the USA.  A house divided cannot stand.  That's the plan and we're falling for it.

We know they did this with stuff like organizing online competing protests on the same day or the Hillary Rape Ring run out of a Pizza Parlor.  Caused a lot of division and unrest and people got hurt. 

WMD  :wallbash:

The burden is on us to be better educated. To be better consumers of information. That's a learnable and teachable skill.

Agreed.  That's why one other thing I'd like to see is for Congress to pass a law for a public service campaign with people like Bill Clinton, W, Obama, Carter say we got snookered last time.  We gotta be smarter.  Don't believe everything you read or hear.  Simple, but might cause some people to think.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to set up a filter -- run by the state -- which prevents foreign information from being accessible to Americans. You're inserting a censor between the public and information, even if you do not call it a censor. That's precisely what we should strive to avoid for all the reasons stated above: it's doing the work of the enemy for them.

Think back to the Patriot Act. How that was pushed, what triggers they pulled to get the people to agree to the exchange of freedoms for security. It should feel very familiar and I know you were no fan.

You're not understating me correctly. 

My idea is for congress to pass a law that from 6 months before a presidential election until the day after it's decided, no social media posts, tweets, zings, Instagrams, Pinterest whatevers, etc. can be shown in the USA that originated outside the USA.  You could still search the internet on what other countries think of our candidates or what disinformation they're pedaling to your heart's content.  It just won't be pushed to you. That's not censorship.   If a tech company violates, they pay a hefty fine. Offer a reward for hackers to find them and turn them in.

Let's just talk it over amongst us Americans.

Same tricks, same end goal: more control over us, more power for them.

Amen.  That's what it's all about.

And yes, we have our own large sophisticated cyber/information warfare apparatus.  And they're good.  Stuxnet was effective for example.  That's the reason I think we are looking silly over this whole thing.  We've done worse.  Stop whining.  Move on.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Krugman's an asshat.  Yes, it belongs in this thread, because his only purpose is #orangemanbad.

Who the heck is Vin Scully?  Did you just make up a person?  I think you have to be famous to get the MOF.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

My idea is for congress to pass a law that from 6 months before a presidential election until the day after it's decided, no social media posts, tweets, zings, Instagrams, Pinterest whatevers, etc. can be shown in the USA that originated outside the USA.  You could still search the internet on what other countries think of our candidates or what disinformation they're pedaling to your heart's content.  It just won't be pushed to you. That's not censorship.   If a tech company violates, they pay a hefty fine. Offer a reward for hackers to find them and turn them in.

The most damage done to our republic by outside influence has been done since 11/9/16. What has been transpiring since Trump was elected is far and above any Russian expectations. Think of it this way: If individuals, especially politicians used common sense and/or judicious discernment then they could never be taken in by all of the outrageous faux charges. Instead of watering the seeds planted by outside sources looking to sow contention within our society, these politicians and others need to use common sense and discard the nonsense spewed by people that are taking part in instigating discord amongst us. Truth is not trumped by partisanship and repeating lies to further an agenda is how we as a society can be affected by those out to harm us. If we use common sense and seek the truth we'll be fine.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The only people who Krugman seriously are Leftists in their echo chamber

Frank Rich and Krugman lost 99% of their brains and credibility when they started getting paid by the NYT

really really sad

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Who the heck is Vin Scully?  Did you just make up a person?  I think you have to be famous to get the MOF.

Just in case you seriously didnt know him, he was the legendary announcer for the Dodgers

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Just in case you seriously didnt know him, he was the legendary announcer for the Dodgers

He's got him confused with Vince Culley

14 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

it was very trendy to pretend one actually sat through one game a year listening to him ramble on in his dotage

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

LOL @DC Tom 

I think he meant Vince Culley.  Vin Scully is the serial for Mulder's partner's car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Scully

The surname of the Dana Scully character on the television show The X-Files is an homage to Vin Scully, as the show's creator Chris Carter is a Dodgers fan; Scully himself can be heard calling a game in the Season 6 episode "The Unnatural"

• Like (+1) 1