The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Is Limbaugh an oracle because he also predicted the economy would crash during Obama's second term if he was reelected  If you focus solely on jobs, the stimulus saved or created ranged between 800,000 and 2.4 million jobs according to the CBO.  Other private sector firms had estimates between one and two million.  You can certainly argue it wasn't as effective as the left predicted and therefore didn't justify the spending, but saying it didn't work at all is a stretch.  

I'm putting you on ignore, just for writing "created or saved."

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Libs worship media and Hollywood stars and then project onto conservatives that they must do this as well

it doesn’t work that way at all.

Remember the other day when you said everyone deserves to be treated like an individual? Show me one post where any of the Libs on here have worshipped or praised anyone in media or Hollywood. I won’t even ask you to provide evidence of the projecting part. 

A couple tweets that were cherry picked don’t count. 

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Trump could probably claim they’ve created or saved 8 to 20 million jobs already. 

MAGA

Frankly, I think it'd be funny to have Trump make a claim about the number of jobs he created or saved. Could be one of his best trolls.

21 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Frankly, I think it'd be funny to have Trump make a claim about the number of jobs he created or saved. Could be one of his best trolls.

Well, according to the month of May 2018 we are creating jobs at a million a month. Assuming Trump keeps it up he'll have created 80 million more jobs by the time he leaves office. Pence/Haley 2024.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I forget which talking head show I saw this on, but some democratic strategist was on talking about Trump's rising approval numbers and the Russian scandal. The strategist kept saying, "can you imagine how high his numbers would be without the Russia scandal hanging over his head?!"

...???....

Of course, that was the entire motivation for 44 and the DNC to start the Russian collusion narrative in the first place - it's a lie designed to undercut the incoming POTUS and render his administration impotent.

The host did not push back on that, by the way. Just let it slide. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

His approval should be in the 60's with the economy this strong (unemployment under Obama and Reagan were between 9 and 10% at this time in their presidency).  Negative media coverage, concern about health care costs, and a personality that turns a lot of people off are pry to blame.  We're also more partisan than we've ever been before, so any president's approval rating in this political climate has a lower ceiling than 20 plus years ago.

MS-13 Creating Chaos At A Maryland Middle-School

MS-13 gang members have created chaos at a Maryland middle school just ten miles from the White House. The Washington Post reports that a handful of gang members at Wirt Middle School in Riverdale, Md. have been threatening students and teachers, selling drugs, are starting fights. Meanwhile, police and administrators seem to be looking the other way:

Gang-related fights are now a near-daily occurrence at Wirt, where a small group of suspected MS-13 members at the overwhelmingly Hispanic school throw gang signs, sell drugs, draw gang graffiti and aggressively recruit students recently arrived from Central America, according to more than two dozen teachers, parents and students. Most of those interviewed asked not to be identified for fear of losing their jobs or being targeted by MS-13.

Although administrators deny Wirt has a gang problem, the situation inside the aging, overcrowded building has left some teachers so afraid that they refuse to be alone with their students. Many said they had repeatedly reported incidents involving suspected gang members to administrators, only to be ignored — claims supported by documents obtained by The Washington Post.

“Teachers feel threatened but aren’t backed up. Students feel threatened but aren’t protected,” one educator said. “The school is a ticking time bomb.”…

One educator was stunned when, at the beginning of the school year, a handful of students continually shouted obscenities and threw objects around the classroom. The educator soon noticed the same students scrawling “MS-13” on papers, desks and their skin. They bullied Spanish-speaking classmates and sexually harassed the girls in class. Several students openly counted cash, allegedly money earned from selling marijuana in Wirt’s bathrooms, transactions that a student and several parents also described to The Post.

But administrators brushed aside complaints, the educator said, and the behavior spread to other students.

I wonder if there is a word for this type of gang behavior...............

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/11/ms-13-creating-chaos-maryland-middle-school/

They're not even trying to hide it anymore..................

A special election win has Democrats within striking distance of recapturing the Wisconsin state Senate and ending Republicans' stranglehold on state government.

"Stranglehold" is uniquely evocative noun to use here to describe the manifest will of Wisconsin's voters.

Edited by B-Man

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The media is God awful towards Trump, but to be fair..............

FOX was brutal to Obama during his years.

and FOX is barely 1% of the mass media

I have to go out of my way to get to FOX

CNN is on the airport TVs, every elevator in my business district runs a monitor with liberal news slant nonstop...