The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Her opening 30 seconds alone was a lie for every sentence.  After that, it gets worse.  :wacko: Wild, indeed.

For decades it was well known that the vast majority of our media leaned left. Leaning left meant there was always a left leaning spin to the facts that were being reported. In a very short period of time that large swath of media in this country has gone from a left lean that most people could navigate through to get to the truth to an outright Pravda like propaganda arm of the far left. Day after day telling outright lies to our face. We are in big trouble as a nation if this widespread "journalistic" activism continues unabated. As bad as the corrupt criminal bureaucrats were in this whole spygate take down Trump at all costs coup, I believe that the media is the biggest villain in this whole sad saga. None of this happens without their help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

BIDEN STAFF HERDS COMPLIANT PRESS AWAY FROM CANDIDATE

shepherd.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl=1

According to the New York Post, “media availability” at the event was “tightly controlled.” Naturally, the assembled reporters wanted to ask questions of the candidates. They didn’t come just to watch Biden and Harris silently put pen to paper.

But the press was only able to get in one question, which was directed to Harris. When reporters started to ask more questions, they were told to leave. “Come on guys, let’s go,” a female staffer said several times. “Tightly controlled” is an understatement.

You can see the video here, at Red State.

What I find striking was the media’s compliance. When the staffer instructed reporters to leave, the lions of the press shuffled off. No one asked any more questions. At the command of a Biden staffer, the press exited stage right without a murmur.

Compare this to the way reporters behave with President Trump. When he leaves press events, reporters shout questions at him until he disappears. To be fair, reporters also did this to past presidents, though not as stridently.

More at link

• Like (+1) 1

Is the biggest story in the world today the Postal Service?

That's how it looks in The Washington Post. The top left 2/3s of the home page:

Screen%2BShot%2B2020-08-15%2Bat%2B9.29.01%2BAM.png

You may wonder: What about Trump's Middle East deal? Isn't that the big news? Well, it is over there on the right-hand side under the heading "Opinion," the 4th item down, a column by Max Boot: "Despite the UAE-Israel deal, Trump will leave the Mideast a bigger mess than he found it."

It's easy to understand. Whatever happened, it's bad for Trump, and it's important to the extent that it's bad for Trump.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Trump takes questions even from the fake news media, pedo Joe and his sluty VP pick have yet to do so........enjoy Yellowstone yet?

?

During quarantine we've have a running game of Gin Rummy at my house, winner gets to pick the show. My record has been near unbeatable, until the past week wherein I lost back to back. First we had to watch Run, last night I lost by 3 and we wound up starting Perry Mason (binged the first four). We should finish that today or tomorrow. I just won the rights to pick the next one, so we are immediately starting Yellowstone Sunday evening. 

She can't stall anymore. :lol:

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

?

During quarantine we've have a running game of Gin Rummy at my house, winner gets to pick the show. My record has been near unbeatable, until the past week wherein I lost back to back. First we had to watch Run, last night I lost by 3 and we wound up starting Perry Mason (binged the first four). We should finish that today or tomorrow. I just won the rights to pick the next one, so we are immediately starting Yellowstone Sunday evening. 

She can't stall anymore. :lol:

Yellowstone is a good show. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

THINK OF THE PRESS AS A PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE OPERATION AIMED AT NORMAL AMERICANS AND YOU WON’T GO FAR WRONG: 

When media call Kamala Harris ‘centrist,’ it’s no wonder people hate the press.

This is important as much for what it says about the establishment media as for what it says about Harris. One major reason President Trump taps into the anger of so many “ordinary Americans,” including with his attacks on the media as the “enemy of the people,” is that the media have completely and rightly lost the public’s trust through their abandonment of objectivity in favor of leftist cheerleading. People resent it when they know they are being manipulated.

Much of the manipulation comes in the form of political labeling in supposedly “straight news” stories. The supposed “moderation” of Harris is a perfect case in point. . . .

The two best-established ranking systems for broad-based ideology — as opposed to single-subject rankings such as those for pro-abortion rights or anti-abortion groups, anti-government-spending groups, or whatever — are from the American Conservative Union on the right and Americans for Democratic Action on the left. The ACU gives Harris a puny lifetime rating of 3 (with 0 being far Left and 100 being far Right). The ADA reports that except when she has missed votes altogether, Harris has a perfect liberal rating.

To the press, “moderate” just means having the background and mannerisms of the educated professional class. As long as you count as One Of Us, you’re a moderate, regardless of views. The views of a majority of Americans, on the other hand, are routinely called “extreme.” And deplorable.

• Like (+1) 1