The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Not sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a thread on a passing topic

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/22/trump-proposes-immigration-law-already-exists/420014001/

President Trump called for a new law barring immigrants from receiving welfare for at least five years at a rally on Wednesday.

The problem is -----

neither Trump nor nearly 6,000 of his die-hard supporters seemed to realize that

the law has already existed for more than 20 years.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Not sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a thread on a passing topic

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/22/trump-proposes-immigration-law-already-exists/420014001/

President Trump called for a new law barring immigrants from receiving welfare for at least five years at a rally on Wednesday.

The problem is -----

neither Trump nor nearly 6,000 of his die-hard supporters seemed to realize that

the law has already existed for more than 20 years.

While Trump is easily enough of an idiot to not know this, I wouldn't be surprised if he said this just to troll the left into showing their ignorance of the existing law as well.

The New York Post is reporting that a Washington research firm of former journalists were behind the salacious Russian/Trump dossier:

describes itself as a “research and strategic intelligence firm” founded by “three former Wall Street Journal investigative reporters.” But congressional sources says
it’s actually an opposition-research group for Democrats, and the founders, who are more political activists than journalists, have a pro-Hillary, anti-Trump agenda.
“These weren’t mercenaries or hired guns,” a congressional source familiar with the dossier probe said. “These guys had a vested personal and ideological interest in smearing Trump and boosting Hillary’s chances of winning the White House.”

The fact is that that firms creating opposition research are often staffed with former journalists, who use their connections in the editorial world to redistribute this sort of thing. (Naturally, there are “right-leaning” as well as “left-leaning” firms of this sort.) Work in a newsroom long enough and you’ll begin to recognize “oppo” when you see it.

Sadly, a number of journalists who were laid off by big news outfits and can’t find work elsewhere have resorted to doing this kind of work. As news organizations cut back on reporting, it’s easier than ever to get “oppo” published as news without sufficient fact-checking.

TRUMP COUNTER PUNCHES: Trump continues to accuse Obama of failing to respond to Russian hacking and election meddling.

Trump on Obama’s lack of action:

“If he had the information, why didn’t he do something about it? He should have done something about it. But you don’t read that. It’s quite sad.”

Trump has his critics in a bind. If the election meddling was so terrible, then Obama was incompetent and negligent. If it wasn’t so significant, then why the sustained hand wringing and pearl clutching?

Edited by B-Man

TRUMP COUNTER PUNCHES: Trump continues to accuse Obama of failing to respond to Russian hacking and election meddling.

Trump on Obama’s lack of action:

“If he had the information, why didn’t he do something about it? He should have done something about it. But you don’t read that. It’s quite sad.”

Trump has his critics in a bind. If the election meddling was so terrible, then Obama was incompetent and negligent. If it wasn’t so significant, then why the sustained hand wringing and pearl clutching?

Because he said kitty! :angry:

That's why, say the young and old women with purple hair wearing full body vagina costumes. codepink.jpg

He also called Rosie and a beauty pageant contestant "fat". :angry: :angry:

And he won and Hillary isn't president :angry: :angry: :angry:

I think that's it in a nutshell. And believe me, there are a lot of nuts out there that think just about along those lines.

Edited by Nanker

CNN, not letting minor things like the truth get in the way of a good story... until they get caught.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/latest-3-cnn-journalists-resign-over-retracted-story-000657472.html

CNN says it has accepted the resignations of three employees involved in a retracted story about a supposed investigation into a pre-inaugural meeting between an associate of President Donald Trump and the head of a Russian investment fund.

The story was posted Thursday on CNN's website. It was retracted the next night, and CNN apologized to Anthony Scaramucci, the Trump transition team member named in the story.

Edited by Koko78

Do people actually sit there and watch the 45 minutes of content of a political show any more?

Some actually do. I hear Frump sits and watches Fox News for most of the day.

Also, Hannity has a "enormously huge" following on the radio which is on all the time. I scan the radio dial when avoiding commercials and I hear his voice multiple times at all hours.

Also, Hannity has a "enormously huge" following on the radio which is on all the time. I scan the radio dial when avoiding commercials and I hear his voice multiple times at all hours.

Okay.... doesn't mean anyone is really listening or watching for large blocks though.

haha. FM radio. NPR. Hahahahaha

Hey... Trumpster made the cover of Time back in 2009:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.a963c084d6d9

This one is better. Not as fake:

CzmkYnWVEAAGy8w.jpg

That darn media portrayal.

So unfair. Outrageous!

C6QJ8u5WAAA0SUU.jpg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/karem-v-sanders?utm_term=.mrDoE4egZ#.jyEV3DE6L

"Karem, who also writes a regular political column for Playboy magazine, told BuzzFeed News he spoke up during the briefing because he became frustrated "over the tainting all of us with the brush of 'fake news' and total disrespect for what we do."

"When we make mistakes, we issue corrections, people get fired, there are consequences. I've yet to see any consequences for this administration," he said."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/karem-v-sanders?utm_term=.mrDoE4egZ#.jyEV3DE6L

"Karem, who also writes a regular political column for Playboy magazine, told BuzzFeed News he spoke up during the briefing because he became frustrated "over the tainting all of us with the brush of 'fake news' and total disrespect for what we do."

"When we make mistakes, we issue corrections, people get fired, there are consequences. I've yet to see any consequences for this administration," he said."

Buzzfeed. really.

:lol:

In an attempt to mock the US press Frump pulls a faux pas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/28/i-bet-she-treats-you-well-trump-calls-over-irish-reporter-compliments-her-nice-smile/?utm_term=.9d7723d943ac

“She has a nice smile on her face so I bet she treats you well,” Trump said.

Perry, along with other men and women in the room, casually laughed at the encounter. But later, Perry described it as a “bizarre moment.”

It'll change once another anonymous source makes up another fake story the media can plaster on the front page before returning to retract what the whole world has already digested.

I give the MSM about 10 seconds, maybe longer if they make me laugh out loud.

FAKE NEWS: CNN uses Elmo as source against Trump immigration action.

Maybe this week will be remembered as time when the wheels finally came off the media’s clown car.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/268623/

If you're going to use Bill Nye as a science and climate authority, it only makes sense to use Elmo as an authority on immigration.

Final days of CNN. This is awesome. Okeefe is a true American hero. I hope he has operatives inside NBC, CBS, PBS, ABC and the rest of the globalist controlled, treasonous msm.

Edited by Dante

After CNN was crying and yelling at the Press-Sec about being prevented from getting vital info, Brit Hume said that for a news org the size of CNN, the WH press briefing was a total waste of time to find anything out.

Edited by row_33

This latest tweet is going to cut him deeper than many others. Watch.

He really is a disturbed human. Not one parent would let their child talk to someone like that and yet here we are with a president who does it. Gross.

He's crossed the line of decency many many times. It really is disgusting. Couldn't care less what his politics are and they've changed so much over his life anyways, it's embarrassing that anyone could still defend him because he got the R on his ticket. Obama, Bush, everyone else before had their gaffes. But Trump is intent on always having the last word. These aren't gaffes, it is just who he is.