From EJ to AJ ?? A Definite Upgrade !!

T master

I have always been a fan of this guy since he was in college, its said he doesn't have a huge arm but sometimes in the NFL you don't need one all the time ! Chad Pennington didn't have a huge arm but he won & that's what this guy has done .

You know by now I'm talking about AJ McCaron . He has 2 national titles to his name & i believe given the chance to have a good QB coach & a little bit more on field experience this guy could be a very good staring QB in the NFL, not to mention a decent priced QB .

Until the TT thing is figured out plus we need a back up now due to EJ leaving . If they bring EJ back it will prove that concussion systems could be lingering from Whaley's time on the field, EJ is a bust great guy but not a NFL QB !!

McCaron on the other hand given the time on the field that EJ has had i think could easily be twice the player EJ was for the Bills or who ever else . Sure he has some down side early in his career but i think thats more growing pains than any thing .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786482/article/aj-mccarron-a-better-trade-target-than-garoppolo

It seems that some others are looking to find a a cheap rose among the thorn's with the QB situation in the NFL . Then seeing as the Bills FO can't seem to (as far as the reporters are saying) figure out weather Taylor is a keeper or not & that we need a competent back up this could be a possibility ???

This guy wasn't like a Teabow or a Warful in college but i think given the proper coaching & on field time this guy could be really good ! More of a Pennington type ! His decision making will only get better as the game slows down & he will have a better price tag than some .

Getter dun D.W. !!!

Edited by T master

I have always been a fan of this guy since he was in college, its said he doesn't have a huge arm but sometimes in the NFL you don't need one all the time ! Chad Pennington didn't have a huge arm but he won & that's what this guy has done .

You know by now I'm talking about AJ McCaron . He has 2 national titles to his name & i believe given the chance to have a good QB coach & a little bit more on field experience this guy could be a very good staring QB in the NFL, not to mention a decent priced QB .

Until the TT thing is figured out plus we need a back up now due to EJ leaving . If they bring EJ back it will prove that concussion systems could be lingering from Whaley's time on the field, EJ is a bust great guy but not a NFL QB !!

McCaron on the other hand given the time on the field that EJ has had i think could easily be twice the player EJ was for the Bills or who ever else . Sure he has some down side early in his career but i think thats more growing pains than any thing .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786482/article/aj-mccarron-a-better-trade-target-than-garoppolo

It seems that some others are looking to find a a cheap rose among the thorn's with the QB situation in the NFL . Then seeing as the Bills FO can't seem to (as far as the reporters are saying) figure out weather Taylor is a keeper or not & that we need a competent back up this could be a possibility ???

This guy wasn't like a Teabow or a Warful in college but i think given the proper coaching & on field time this guy could be really good ! More of a Pennington type ! His decision making will only get better as the game slows down & he will have a better price tag than some .

Getter dun D.W. !!!

With the wind that comes through New Era I don't see Whaley thinking McCarron's arm will get it done. There's a reason they look

for strong arm QBs. I don't see them blowing an asset (of which they don't have many draft picks) to get a guy like McCarron.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot with this kid... Get him a WR early in the draft... Could be a plan... Haven't heard much talk about what the Bengals would want for him though... a 2nd or a 3rd?

https://youtu.be/e_p2BJCrC48

https://youtu.be/lJUt9RP3ghU

https://youtu.be/nNKjjiQL8tk

Edited by DefenseWins

With the wind that comes through New Era I don't see Whaley thinking McCarron's arm will get it done. There's a reason they look

for strong arm QBs. I don't see them blowing an asset (of which they don't have many draft picks) to get a guy like McCarron.

Well said. McCarron is the type of guy who I'd have no problem signing as a free agent. He's just not the kind of player that you trade crucial draft picks for. If you were a contending team who needed a backup it wouldn't be a bad move. We are not in that position. We need our draft picks too much to take that sort of risk.

Get McCarron from the Bengals for a 5th, which is where they got him. They had him for 4 years of use and they get their 5th back. We use the extra 5th we got in the Cassel trade. In the last year of his contract, the Bengals would like to get something out of him this year before he is a FA. His contract is a paltry $735,000. A perfect bridge QB, who even has a possibility to pleasantly surprise us with his play. I don't think getting he is a 2nd or 3rd. He does not have the allure of a Jimmy G. I would be suprised if even Jimmy G got more than a 2nd, and he is the big glamorous fish this year.

If TT is gone, he has a great chance to start while our QB picks (hopefully) get time to develop. Even if it is only a year here, he has a "show me" year to catch the eye and interest this year around the league for that big payday next year. Give him Watkins, a high WR pick to work with, and a decent FA RT and he is given his best chance to succeed in the league. He has a great line for protection, and McCoy and Clay to work with in the run game. He has the people around him to succeed. It is the perfect situation for him. He knows he will not start behind Dalton unless he is injured again. And the Bengals just want to get something for him. Unless there is a surprise big demand for him, I think a 5th, or a 5th with a chance for another pick next year depending on performance might just get him. If we had a 4th, I'm quite sure the deal would get done.

2015-16 Stats 97.1 QB 66.4 CMP%, 854 yards. Started 4 games. Has played in 9 total regular season games.

Get McCarron from the Bengals for a 5th, which is where they got him. They had him for 4 years of use and they get their 5th back. We use the extra 5th we got in the Cassel trade. In the last year of his contract, the Bengals would like to get something out of him this year before he is a FA. His contract is a paltry $735,000. A perfect bridge QB, who even has a possibility to pleasantly surprise us with his play. I don't think getting he is a 2nd or 3rd. He does not have the allure of a Jimmy G. I would be suprised if even Jimmy G got more than a 2nd, and he is the big glamorous fish this year.

If TT is gone, he has a great chance to start while our QB picks (hopefully) get time to develop. Even if it is only a year here, he has a "show me" year to catch the eye and interest this year around the league for that big payday next year. Give him Watkins, a high WR pick to work with, and a decent FA RT and he is given his best chance to succeed in the league. He has a great line for protection, and McCoy and Clay to work with in the run game. He has the people around him to succeed. It is the perfect situation for him. He knows he will not start behind Dalton unless he is injured again. And the Bengals just want to get something for him. Unless there is a surprise big demand for him, I think a 5th, or a 5th with a chance for another pick next year depending on performance might just get him. If we had a 4th, I'm quite sure the deal would get done.

2015-16 Stats 97.1 QB 66.4 CMP%, 854 yards. Started 4 games. Has played in 9 total regular season games.

Wishful thinking getting him for a 5th. I believe it would cost a 2nd or a 3rd or a combination of picks. They drafted him in the 5th and he played fairly well in his opportunities. It would serve them better to keep him as the backup rather than trade a 5th for him. This isn't madden

Wishful thinking getting him for a 5th. I believe it would cost a 2nd or a 3rd or a combination of picks. They drafted him in the 5th and he played fairly well in his opportunities. It would serve them better to keep him as the backup rather than trade a 5th for him. This isn't madden

Jamie Collins got a 3rd in the last year of his deal. And he was a pro bowler... not a back up who started 4 games. Qb or not that price seems high

Supply and demand for the most important position on a team drives up the price.

Jamie Collins got a 3rd in the last year of his deal. And he was a pro bowler... not a back up who started 4 games. Qb or not that price seems high

How many games did Jimmie Garropolo play? How about rob Johnson? Brett Favre in Atlanta? I'm short for time so I can only rattle off a couple names off the top of my head. One thing I will say, AJ McCarron, if traded, will be traded for more than a 5th rd pick. I'd wager any money amount. This is crazy talk.

Jaimie Collins doesn't play QB. Mccarron currently has more value than any QB projected to go in the 3rd rd this year. Probably more than any qb that will go in the 2nd, unless maholmes slips. He's proven that he can be an ok qb in the NFL.

Edited by NewEra

Getter dun D.W. !!!

I like him college too, what I remember most about him was his accuracy and calmness.

Agreed, i think they see him as an investment, and they want a good return

I wouldn't mind taking a shot with this kid... Get him a WR early in the draft... Could be a plan... Haven't heard much talk about what the Bengals would want for him though... a 2nd or a 3rd?

https://youtu.be/e_p2BJCrC48

https://youtu.be/lJUt9RP3ghU

https://youtu.be/nNKjjiQL8tk

Good stuff it just shows how he uses the pocket to his advantage kind of like a Brady type pocket presence ! He's aware of the field & knows where every body is suppose to be !!

His arm isn't like Arron Rogers but he can get it down field enough to keep the opposing D honest !!

Supply and demand for the most important position on a team drives up the price.

Supply and demand. Exactly. And there is plenty of supply this year.

I don’t think anyone looks at AJ as a Franchise QB. Teams like Buffalo looking for a bridge QB, or a backup, are not giving up a 1st, 2nd or a 3rd for a bridge QB or a backup.

Exactly who do you think would trade for AJ as their future Franchise QB that would trade those high picks for him?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/11/14231800/4-possible-trade-destinations-for-bengals-qb-aj-mccarron-trade-rumors

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756816/article/qb-index-the-2017-trade-marketfree-agency-guide

There are maybe 5 or 6 teams where AJ would have a shot at actually starting, and the Bills are the best shot.

Of those teams, one or two will go with a top draft pick this year. In a trade Jimmy G would be the 1st choice for one of them. Houston is ready to make a serious push for the Superbowl, so they want only the best, Jimmy G makes the most sense for their situation.

A team looking for a win now will go with a high price player like Romo, Cousins. There go 2 more spots.

That leaves 1 or 2 teams in possible competition with the Bills for AJ. And all the rest of those draftees, FA, trade, and potential release candidates to choose from. Conventional logic says you don’t trade within your division, and give up high draft pick that could come back to haunt you. So that lowers the Browns threat.

And the Bengals have a choice of getting nothing for AJ next year, he is not in their future plans, they have their Franchise QB and a backup already waiting. It is actually a good year to be looking for a QB for a bridge or a backup.

I think a 5th this year and a provisional 2018 would be a reasonable offer for the Bengals to consider vs ZERO next year.

Edited by simpleman

AJ McCarron is one shining example of why it is SO important to draft quarterbacks.

The Bengals got him late in Round 5.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2014

The above is a link to the 2014 draft. We took stiffs in round 4 and 5, before McCarron was drafted. AJ played pretty well when he got in there and will fetch a 3rd or more in a trade, or so I think.

When the Bengals drafted him, their qb was Andy Dalton and they took him anyway. When Whaley shunned him, our qb was EJ Manuel.

What a mess. :(

AJ McCarron is one shining example of why it is SO important to draft quarterbacks.

The Bengals got him late in Round 5.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2014

The above is a link to the 2014 draft. We took stiffs in round 4 and 5, before McCarron was drafted. AJ played pretty well when he got in there and will fetch a 3rd or more in a trade, or so I think.

When the Bengals drafted him, their qb was Andy Dalton and they took him anyway. When Whaley shunned him, our qb was EJ Manuel.

What a mess. :(

I'm not sure about a team giving up a 3rd for him to be honest. He was take with a 5th because he is a backup level Quarterback and from what he has shown in the NFL that is still what he is. I'd anticipate a 4th or 5th. I agree with the principle though that if you think someone is potentially a high level backup then you should pick them in the 4th or 5th. I wanted us to take McCarron or Murray that year around that spot. They took a shot last year with Cardale. Let's hope it signals a change of strategy. They need to take one high this year and then stay open minded to taking another in 2018 too. Edited by GunnerBill