Trump and Russia

NYT (finally) releases a correction... stating something I've been told is wrong for months and months and months...

https://archive.fo/9x8LC#selection-1925.0-1925.558

A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election. The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

But what do facts matter when you're trying to push a narrative? 17 sounds so much more ominous and definitive than 4 out of 17... or really 3 out of 17 since the ODNI isn't really its own intelligence agency.

Yeah...but in their defense, it's Trump's fault.

Funny, this actually makes this whole thing seem more like Watergate. I can't remember exactly--it's been largely forgotten--but Woodward and Bernstein made a big mistake like this also and Nixon jumped all over it tried to say all the news was fake just like Trump is doing

Stop spouting off about things that you know nothing about, From what you have said here you were either not born yet or a little kid when Watergate happened. I was in the 11th grade when it was happening and the history teacher had us watch the news every bight and then related what happened to the relevant parts of the constitution. Relying on your lefty textbooks and whatis on the internets is garbage. Woodward and Bernstein had several sources for each story un like the anonymous "unnamed sources" today. As Van Jones even said, it's abig nothing burger.

Stop spouting off about things that you know nothing about, From what you have said here you were either not born yet or a little kid when Watergate happened. I was in the 11th grade when it was happening and the history teacher had us watch the news every bight and then related what happened to the relevant parts of the constitution. Relying on your lefty textbooks and whatis on the internets is garbage. Woodward and Bernstein had several sources for each story un like the anonymous "unnamed sources" today. As Van Jones even said, it's abig nothing burger.

Wow, were you really in 11th grade! You must know everything about Watergate! Did ya really watch the news every night that year! You really are special!

Check out this story and the last line! He died!!!

A Republican operative named Peter W. Smith sought out Clinton campaign emails from hackers before the 2016 presidential election, and said he was discussing the matter with Michael Flynn, the Wall St Journal reports. Flynn at the time was serving as an advisor to then-candidate Trump

The WSJ reports Smith and his colleagues considered Flynn and his consulting company "allies in their quest." Eric York, a computer security expert who searched on behalf of Smith for people who had access to the hacked emails told the Journal Smith said, "'I'm talking to Michael Flynn about this — if you find anything, can you let me know?'"

The Russia connection: Smith said he and his colleagues found two of the five hackers claiming to have Clinton's emails were Russians.

Flynn did not respond to requests for comment. A Trump campaign official said Smith didn't work for the campaign and that if Flynn coordinated with Smith on the matter, it would have been as a private citizen. Smith died May 14, ten days after the WSJ interviewed him.

Wow, were you really in 11th grade! You must know everything about Watergate! Did ya really watch the news every night that year! You really are special!

Check out this story and the last line! He died!!!

A Republican operative named Peter W. Smith sought out Clinton campaign emails from hackers before the 2016 presidential election, and said he was discussing the matter with Michael Flynn, the Wall St Journal reports. Flynn at the time was serving as an advisor to then-candidate Trump

The WSJ reports Smith and his colleagues considered Flynn and his consulting company "allies in their quest." Eric York, a computer security expert who searched on behalf of Smith for people who had access to the hacked emails told the Journal Smith said, "'I'm talking to Michael Flynn about this — if you find anything, can you let me know?'"

The Russia connection: Smith said he and his colleagues found two of the five hackers claiming to have Clinton's emails were Russians.

Flynn did not respond to requests for comment. A Trump campaign official said Smith didn't work for the campaign and that if Flynn coordinated with Smith on the matter, it would have been as a private citizen. Smith died May 14, ten days after the WSJ interviewed him.

Don't quote schit without a link.

Don't quote schit without a link.

GOP Operative Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn

Peter W. Smith portrayed the former general as having been an ally in an effort, independent of the Trump campaign, to find personal emails deleted by Hillary Clinton.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-operative-sought-clinton-emails-from-hackers-implied-a-connection-to-flynn-1498770851

Stop feeding the troll Tiberius.

Why such a partisan tool?

Yes, I was in the 11th grade. I'm 60. Do the math. Nixon resigned in 74. 11th grade is American History. That was current events and on the news every night. nothing else to watch at 6:30 PM (remember we only had 3 channels back then). The teacher had us watch the news and then related in what had happened to the constitution. Remember, the constitution is part of American history,

Yes, I was in the 11th grade. I'm 60. Do the math. Nixon resigned in 74. 11th grade is American History. That was current events and on the news every night. nothing else to watch at 6:30 PM (remember we only had 3 channels back then). The teacher had us watch the news and then related in what had happened to the constitution. Remember, the constitution is part of American history,

Damn you're old. :P

At least it used to be.

Yes, ten years older than me. All I remember of Watergate from the time was that it interrupted cartoons and that was a bummer. But, then I got older, read books, articles and commentary on Nixon and WG, and I've also seen a bunch of documentaries and a few movies. I know the subject well. Nixon is one of the most interesting people in American history.

So you think you know more than me because you are older? Did I say something you think was wrong on the topic?

Yep - I was in 10th grade during Watergate. It was just a year or so before cable television was in every home, so the hearings were the only thing on television, every day, on every channel.