Foles will be a FA after Chiefs unlikely to pick up option

YoloinOhio

If you think that Foles will be an upgrade you are sorely, sorely mistaken. He is a bad quarterback. He had one good year and has been a bad player other than that. If we are viewing him as a cheap veteran option to bridge to the young guy, sure. If you think that the position will improve with him that's not going to happen.

The only veteran that could be an upgrade from TT is Romo (and he has his own issues). If the Bills are moving on it is to a young guy, not Foles. Foles will just be here in case the young guy isn't ready week 1. He makes sense as a veteran bridge.

Where did I say upgrade? I like his potential over what I have seen from him in the right system. The Rams were a dumpster fire when he was there. There is a reason why Reid grabbed him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I say upgrade? I like his potential over what I have seen from him in the right system. The Rams were a dumpster fire when he was there. There is a reason why Reid grabbed him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192161-foles-will-be-a-fa-after-chiefs-unlikely-to-pick-up-option/?p=4253171? Edited by Kirby Jackson

If it was up to me we would keep Tyrod AND draft a qb at #10.

Bill, I agree with you. However, my priority is to take the plunge this year and draft a qb with our first pick, regardless how the TT issue is handled. I wouldn't be adverse to trading down. But if there is any doubt that we could lose our preferred prospect then I wouldn't risk it by moving down the board. Just freaking do it. When is enough of this hesitating nonsense going to stop!

This is kind of where I'm at too. I like Tyrod. I think his play is electrifying. But he is not going to be a kind of QB who drags his team to the Super Bowl. Maybe he can be an Alex Smith with the Chiefs but they keep flaming out.

Maybe if they trade onto the late first or very early second I am ok with a QB there.

Again, where were the words upgrade? I said I liked his potential.

So "taking Foles potential over Tyrod" isn't assuming an upgrade? Why would you take it then? On a side note Foles is older than TT and has started more games than Tyrod. Why does he have "potential" but TT doesn't? They probably either both should, neither should or the guy with 7 less starts should.

Foles played 1 good year and has been a bad QB since.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

:thumbsup:

That's why he's perfect for us. Extend that drought to 18.

If they are dumping TT, might as well bring in this guy. at least they would be putting 11 on the field when the defense comes off. Who knows what McD thinks. I would take him over Romo, or should they pick up Romo and use Foles as the BU who becomes the starter week four?

yippee

Edited by 3rdand12

So "taking Foles potential over Tyrod" isn't assuming an upgrade? Why would you take it then? On a side note Foles is older than TT and has started more games than Tyrod. Why does he have "potential" but TT doesn't? They probably either both should, neither should or the guy with 7 less starts should.

Foles played 1 good year and has been a bad QB since.

In limited action Foles looked good again last year in a system similar to ours, for a coaching staff which included our new QB coach. Tyrod Taylor is not very good. He refuses to release the football multiple times every single game and regularly fails to even see wide open receivers. He is incapable of going through progressions quickly, and regularly delivering the ball on time. There is a chance Foles in the right system could outperform him. Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

If we're looking for a bridge guy, Foles would be one and for a salary that is appropriate for a bridge guy.

As for being a backup, no thanks. We need a backup who can mentor Cardale and the new guy we draft over the next couple of drafts. Foles isn't the smart, seen-everything type of grizzled vet you want. Hoyer, maybe.

Foles blows.

yeah, this move would fit the "next three years of suck" model. sure, go get a first time, introvert head coach, a failed retread QB to start ...cut Shady to save a few bucks bc he "doesn't fit the new OCs one cut" system after setting rushing records with ALynn....

yep, all the makings of suck are coming into view...

I hear you on drafting a QB. My problem is there is no QB in this class that's worthy of the number 10 pick. No doubt a QB will be taken before that because of the value of the QB position and the desperation of teams to find their franchise QB.

Kizer - just not impressed when I saw him play. Big arm very slow eyes and vision. No thanks.

Watson - When has this type of QB been very successful? I want a pocket passer with great vision, quick release, and accuracy. I don't see these necessary qualities in Watson. Good work ethic and good legs only goes so far...No thanks

Mahomes - Pretty raw and needs time to develop. Played against many porous defenses that made him look really good. Need to be more accurate, better field vision and decision making. Will need at least two years to develop and learn. Should be a late 2nd to 3rd round pick. Yes, to a second round pick.

Trubisky - Small sample size to look at. Kid seemed to panic when pressured. Played mostly in the shotgun. Has big upside but IMHO he is greatly overhyped. I can see why people are high on him. He will most likely be gone before 10. I feel like he should be taken late in the first round.

This QB class really doesn't excite me.

Edited by ice2145

I hear you on drafting a QB. My problem is there is no QB in this class that's worthy of the number 10 pick. No doubt a QB will be taken before that because of the value of the QB position and the desperation of teams to find their franchise QB.

Kizer - just not impressed when I saw him play. Big arm very slow eyes and vision. No thanks.

Watson - When has this type of QB been very successful? I want a pocket passer with great vision, quick release, and accuracy. I don't see these necessary qualities in Watson. Good work ethic and good legs only goes so far...No thanks

Mahomes - Pretty raw and needs time to develop. Played against many porous defenses that made him look really good. Need to be more accurate, better field vision and decision making. Will need at least two years to develop and learn. Should be a late 2nd to 3rd round pick. Yes, to a second round pick.

Trubisky - Small sample size to look at. Kid seemed to panic when pressured. Played mostly in the shotgun. Has big upside but IMHO he is greatly overhyped. I can see why people are high on him. He will most likely be gone before 10. I feel like he should be taken late in the first round.

This QB class really doesn't excite me.

Me neither. We should avoid drafting a QB completely, this year.

Draft a QB in 2018, much better class.