Report: "Tyrod unwilling to take less to remain with bills"

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Taylor is a good bridge if the price is fair with incentives

What's the price?

I get the argument but wins cost money.

Ideally you hope to get a regular season win for every $15M in cap space.

I think the difference between a Brian Hoyer and Tyrod is greater than 1 game in the W-L column....and might cause a chain of events resulting in having to pay more for OL play in particular.....so not sure cutting the cost of your bridge QB is even a fiscally responsible decision.

All bridges are not created equal. :flirt:

The only two teams as bad or worse as the Bills at evaluating QBs, Jets and Browns, reportedly interested in TT.

The list of teams that USED TO BE as bad as the Bills at various times over the last 16 years is long.

The Bills organization is a special, enduring kinda' bad.

Hold on. You're actually faulting Tyrod for not being Tom Brady?

The greatest quarterback in NFL history? That's your standard? Really????

Good Lord.

Not to mention, he doesn't seem to realize that Brady has 'slow footed possession type Leprechauns as receivers' by choice.

If the Patriots can run their offense with TT more power to them. I would like our chances in playing a team that can't throw the ball in the middle of the field and depends on QB runs for critical 1st downs.

To be fair, I really didn't see that happening

If the Bills are not planning to pay Taylor then what about trading a conditional pick to Cincy for AJ Mccarron and then draft a QB early. Mccarron will only cost $750k for 2017 and then will be a RFA, I believe.

Does Cincy want to trade Mccarron?

Lot of TT talk on Sirius NFL today - Ross Tucker said that if TT hits FA he'll be the best option out there this year and that he's far better than any QB coming out of college (said they all need a year on the bench). His co-host (not quite sure who that was today) completely agreed...

Interesting that he's such a great option to everyone. But the Bills.

Maybe a grass is always greener thing.

After all the bums the franchise has trotted out over two decades, there is still this delusion that a two time probowler in his first two years as a starter is an easy free agent/draft upgrade opportunity.

Does anyone have any history to suggest the likelihood without pointing out Russell Wilson (who's closer than many will admit including over the middle game) or Tom Brady, because yeah HOF QBs can be drafted late.

Yeah scream Romo- give up the farm and watch him shatter to pieces in week 6, or trade up for this years Geno Smith or Blake Bortles...

Your committing to Tyrod for two years! Two years, not friggin 10.

Keep him and draft one and let that guy develop on the bench.

This ridiculously dumb narrative of the thinking that by letting Tyrod go they are automatically going to draft a Super Bowl franchise QB is getting out of hand.

The objective can be both you know?

I usually don't agree with Scott, but I do.

If the Bills are not planning to pay Taylor then what about trading a conditional pick to Cincy for AJ Mccarron and then draft a QB early. Mccarron will only cost $750k for 2017 and then will be a RFA, I believe.

Why even try? Why do we need a backup QB if we are looking for a starter?

Maybe a grass is always greener thing.

After all the bums the franchise has trotted out over two decades, there is still this delusion that a two time probowler in his first two years as a starter is an easy free agent/draft upgrade opportunity.

Does anyone have any history to suggest the likelihood without pointing out Russell Wilson (who's closer than many will admit including over the middle game) or Tom Brady, because yeah HOF QBs can be drafted late.

Yeah scream Romo- give up the farm and watch him shatter to pieces in week 6, or trade up for this years Geno Smith or Blake Bortles...

And guarantee 2 years at 20 million per to do so... But hey he brought his team to the playoffs 3 seasons ago after they missed 4 years in a row while he was also the QB.