Report: "Tyrod unwilling to take less to remain with bills"

When Kaep was hot he had the Niners at the goal line to tie up the SB..............and lost an awesome NFC Championship battle in Seattle on a tipped pass in the end zone.

I'd take that kinda' awful for the next couple years. :thumbsup:

All that said.......Alex Smith went to KC and has done fine too. :beer:

Oh yeah?

KC's big play ranking since 2013

11th

24th

7th

21st

Yeah, looks just like Roman's last 4 years :lol:

BTW, you know we aren't running Roman's system anymore, right? When TT and the O take a nosedive, you know who to call.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it. How about this, big pass plays

2014 - 33 Orton

2015 - 32 Taylor

2016 - 23 Taylor

And the Bills as a team only had 1482 rush yards and 7 rush TDs with Orton in 2014.

FWIW Ortons stat line is very similar to Taylors (either year) and I don't think anybody thought Orton was good or wanted him at QB again.

Actually people were kinda' bummed that Orton quit because they thought he had a pretty good year.......and yeah with a healthy Watkins, Woods, Chandler and Hogan at his disposal he put up "passing numbers" similar to what Tyrod did.

Hardly a murders row of receivers......but a whole lot better than what Tyrod had more days than not this season. :lol:

That 8 game stretch without Watkins was brutal.......Taylor never surpassed 8 ypa in any of those games......the sum of the other 8 games, including many games where Sammy and Woods were gimpy......... is very much the same as what he did in 2016.

Oh yeah?

KC's big play ranking since 2013

11th

24th

7th

21st

Yeah, looks just like Roman's last 4 years :lol:

BTW, you know we aren't running Roman's system anymore, right? When TT and the O take a nosedive, you know who to call.

The Smith-lead 2011 Niners were 12th in big plays.......in a hybrid WCO not unlike what the Bills will run.......Smith in KC has had an 11th and 7th rank finish even though he's not a deep ball thrower.........and the offense has been good enough to win A LOT of games.

Not sure you are making as much sense as you think you are. :lol:

I'm a big proponent of the Roman system but I've seen the Kubiak system churn out production from less than great QB play in Houston and Baltimore too........and it's roots go back to Mike Shanahan's "everybody gets 1,000 yards" rushing game so not expecting scheme to neutralize what Taylor could do.

Actually people were kinda' bummed that Orton quit because they thought he had a pretty good year.......and yeah with a healthy Watkins, Woods, Chandler and Hogan at his disposal he put up "passing numbers" similar to what Tyrod did.

Hardly a murders row of receivers......but a whole lot better than what Tyrod had more days than not this season. :lol:

That 8 game stretch without Watkins was brutal.......Taylor never surpassed 8 ypa in any of those games......the sum of the other 8 games, including many games where Sammy and Woods were gimpy......... is very much the same as what he did in 2016.

The Smith-lead 2011 Niners were 12th in big plays.......in a hybrid WCO not unlike what the Bills will run.......Smith in KC has had an 11th and 7th rank finish even though he's not a deep ball thrower.........and the offense has been good enough to win A LOT of games.

Not sure you are making as much sense as you think you are. :lol:

I'm a big proponent of the Roman system but I've seen the Kubiak system churn out production from less than great QB play in Houston and Baltimore too........and it's roots go back to Mike Shanahan's "everybody gets 1,000 yards" rushing game so not expecting scheme to neutralize what Taylor could do.

Yeah if you ignore the bad years he's had in KC and that ditching him for Kaep resulted in them being one of the best instead of above average, then yeah, he's pretty good. :doh:

Yeah if you ignore the bad years he's had in KC and that ditching him for Kaep resulted in them being one of the best instead of above average, then yeah, he's pretty good. :doh:

I don't think the consensus is that Smith has had ANY bad years in KC.......but yes, we are in agreement Taylor was better in Roman's offense and I'd take Taylor over Smith. :beer:

I don't think the consensus is that Smith has had ANY bad years in KC.......but yes, we are in agreement Taylor was better in Roman's offense and I'd take Taylor over Smith. :beer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tDBSINV3tAo&feature=onebox

This was a good one. Halfrod scores 6 in the second half and ignores Sammy who couldn't be stopped in the 1st half.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

we have a better run game, equal pass yards game, had we played tyrod in the last game i think it's fair he scores 30 points or so and his ppg offense is over 26 ppg which is better than the seahawks offense that year...so we do have that offense

Its a fair comparison dont let em tell you different! If the 2015 or 2016 Bills had the 2013 Seahawks Defense we would have been in the AFC championship game for sure. The ppg is where it should be. Tyrod would have been able to sling it more if we had assurance our Defense could wash its own dishes. Turns out our defense could not wash its own dishes.

In 2014 they ranked 30th in the NFL in big plays.........so really it's just been since Tyrod Taylor arrived......the past two years are recent so yep.

And yes, exactly.......score the TD's. And they have. :thumbsup:

Tyrod + McCoy are responsible for our offense being top 10 from where we were with Orton

2015 2016

Buffalo Bills 102 100

Lesean McCoy 0Rec+28Run=28(27.5%) 2Rec+34Run=36(36%)

Tyrod Taylor 17Run+30Pass=47(46.1%) 22Run+21Pass=43(43%)

Wow. Can you send this stat over to Pegula and DW?

Then you work out a long term deal. But he didn't, there were a lot of variables that attributed to his poor play but the guy just doesn't see the field... and you can't teach that at this point. He sat behind Flacco for 4 years and still can't lead an open WR. He can go through progression but even that is hit and miss. At his age and level giving a running QB a long term deal is tantamount to throwing money away. He's an excellent backup but not THE guy.

I got a feeling we will be very similar to KC, great defense and ST. Solid running game and a QB that can move the chains and plays the odds. Tyrod may be able to fit that mold but I see more of a guy in a heavy west coast system.

I think he has been saving it. Stealth mode. protect the ball at ALL costs. including winning. did what the Coaches told him too. politics of the game

Next season he gets paid and shows up.

Crowd goes wild

I honestly hope it's Buffalo Bills at New Era Stadium