No Holding Calls on the Pats?

Did I hear that stat right? Pats ran 96 plays on offense and not one holding call. I'm not a fix/conspiracy guy, I think the Pats won fair and square last night. The refs were actually decent overall but not 1 holding call? Is that some sort of record? Is the Pats Oline that good that they dont hold or great at concealing it? Has this ever happened before?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a boatload of holding and illegal picks/offensive pass interference that the refs didn't call. I was screaming about it all game.

I watched it and felt that all of those little blocks / picks were within 1 yard of the LOS - which makes it legal. It's deceptive because many of those passes ended up being caught behind the LOS. They were coached well. I didn't see anything illegal, although they clearly play it right up to the line (but just short of crossing it).

atlanta's drive where they back up 20 yards from the NE 23 ...3rd down Atlanta called for holding A HUGE facemask penalty on NE not called ..replay 3rd down...get yards kick field goal. Not given that chance ...now at 3rd and 33? I think- big miss of course

the facemask committed by the falcons receiver was even worse - he ripped off the Pats' player's helmet. Good no call there.

I think, if they were holding, Brady wouldn't have been under so much pressure all game.

This might be the first honest win the Patriots have. Except that they still cheated somehow, no doubt.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in that game that tainted the victory. No weird refs calls, etc. Even if they somehow stole the Falcons playbook and took drone photos of practice, I don't think the Pats would deliberately put themselves 25-points in the hole before they start cheating.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Did I hear that stat right? Pats ran 96 plays on offense and not one holding call. I'm not a fix/conspiracy guy, I think the Pats won fair and square last night. The refs were actually decent overall but not 1 holding call? Is that some sort of record? Is the Pats Oline that good that they dont hold or great at concealing it? Has this ever happened before?

They're very good at concealing it from the refs.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in that game that tainted the victory. No weird refs calls, etc. Even if they somehow stole the Falcons playbook and took drone photos of practice, I don't think the Pats would deliberately put themselves 25-points in the hole before they start cheating.

Except for the obvious satanic influence that is the only explanation for Edelman's bull **** catch.

In fact, that should be the name of it, as it goes down in history. The Catch. The Drive. Wide Right. The Immaculate Reception. Homerun Throwback. The Tuck Rule. The bull **** Catch. Because yes, that was a catch. But that was some goddamn bull ****.

atlanta's drive where they back up 20 yards from the NE 23 ...3rd down Atlanta called for holding A HUGE facemask penalty on NE not called ..replay 3rd down...get yards kick field goal. Not given that chance ...now at 3rd and 33? I think- big miss of course

It was actually BOTH guys grabbing each others Facemask. It was pretty obvious when they showed the replay. So it was a wash as they could have flagged either team for it or both.

That was blatant PI. They had to call that one. If he doesn't interfere, it's a TD.

I actually told my friends watchingbwith me that was a GOOD PI to take as otherwise it's a TD and the games over. This way they had a chance to stop them or even get a turnover themselves.

It was actually BOTH guys grabbing each others Facemask. It was pretty obvious when they showed the replay. So it was a wash as they could have flagged either team for it or both.

I actually told my friends watchingbwith me that was a GOOD PI to take as otherwise it's a TD and the games over. This way they had a chance to stop them or even get a turnover themselves.

first--congrats on your victory.

here's the problem with your analysis. to assume that an official can watch a game, at full speed, and make judgment calls on both guys grabbing facemasks and decide "I'm gonna let that go" is simply too much to ask. if both guys are grabbing a facemask, blatantly, it's a penalty, throw the flag. offset. "A good non-call" simply means it's called in other games, but should be let go, but isn't always, but sometimes is.

I don't know how a flag is not tossed on that, but inconsistency at the officiating level is a concern.