Post your Super Bowl Menu!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep there is a huge Budweiser plant in Columbus. My neighbor works there and gets like 10 free cases per month of all kinds of beer varieties that they brew there. He doesn't really drink beer so he delivers it to our doorsteps (a few select neighbors) every few weeks. I'm never moving :)

I used to work in the office building on Busch Blvd, just down the street from the plant. Right by the water towers. I usually love the smell of beer brewing and the smell from that place changed depending on the beer they were brewing, but it was usually pretty gross. Too much rice and corn in most of the recipes. Some days it was good though.

I used to work in the office building on Busch Blvd, just down the street from the plant. Right by the water towers. I usually love the smell of beer brewing and the smell from that place changed depending on the beer they were brewing, but it was usually pretty gross. Too much rice and corn in most of the recipes. Some days it was good though.

I work right across the highway from the Bud plant. The smell comes by quite often. Reminds me of the General Mills plant in downtown Buffalo and the smell of Cheerios.

Yes Schmidts Sausage Haus. And yes I did try the cream puffs. Great place. I'd be a regular there if I lived close enough.

Probably gained a pound or two from that one meal alone. :lol:

yes it is a once a year thing for me, right around Oktoberfest. Though I just saw that they are part of Amazon Prime Now's restaurant delivery, which could be dangerous ...

Mac and cheese is a veggie in the south.

I'll take that as fact and run! Babysitting my 3 year old grandson in Nashville this week, and he'll eat Mac and Cheese 3 meals a day! I'm grand dad of the year! Trophy please....

OMG . You have never struck me as a portly fella, but... just kidding. This sounds amazing and a very good blend of some Italian heritage and some traditional tailgate fare. Very nice!!

Power lifter :lol:

And yes, we have a house full of Italians and old-school Jews, so we must appease both.

Chicken mole negro (Oaxacan style)

Filipino Pork Adobo

Buffalo Wings made with a mix of Frank's and Korean Gojuchang fermented red pepper paste

Tacos de cabeza

Whatever desert my wife decides to make on whatever last minute whim hits her

Just want to say that, right now, IMO, you are winning this thread.

Schmidt's! Did you try the cream puffs?

I always get at least 2 cream puffs from Schmidt's when I'm in C-bus! Usually after I've crushed a Thurmanator

Power lifter :lol:

And yes, we have a house full of Italians and old-school Jews, so we must appease both.

Just want to say that, right now, IMO, you are winning this thread.

I always get at least 2 cream puffs from Schmidt's when I'm in C-bus! Usually after I've crushed a Thurmanator

Thanks. Admittedly, the cabeza is a leftover. We celebrated my birthday a few days ago with a bunch of friends including some guys from Mexico who threw a cow's head into a stockpot with a little water and bunch of spices. After hours of cooking, the meat separated from the bone and was amazingly tender and flavorful - perfect for tacos. I've been saving what we didn't eat that day for the SB.

Back in the 80's I noticed the same thing about Budweiser in Arizona compared to Budweiser around here. It tasted a lot different. I was like WTF? My brother said it was because they brewed it at a western brewery compared to the stuff we were used to in NY which maybe came from Columbus OH? Not sure? But it was considerably different.

By the way...That Skyline Chili is in the regular chili/tuna fish aisle at Wegmans. I asked the wife. She said that is where you will find it. Should be found in any Wegmans. Get some 5 way this Sunday!

Enjoy brother!

Thank the wife please !!

yep there is a huge Budweiser plant in Columbus. My neighbor works there and gets like 10 free cases per month of all kinds of beer varieties that they brew there. He doesn't really drink beer so he delivers it to our doorsteps (a few select neighbors) every few weeks. I'm never moving :)

Lucky dog !

I have to admit, it's pretty cool driving down the interstate seeing the big Budweiser cans. Kicks your mood up a notch on your way to wherever....in my case usually Cincinnati.

Yolo.. I hit German town last time I was in Columbus.. Went to some well known German joint with a buffet of 6 kinds of sausage and 3 kinds of sauerkraut... Who knew there were different kinds of sauerkraut. It was awesome. Had a small 2 or 3 guy German Polka band playing in the restaurant. Accordion...

Good time. Good brew. Good grub. Loved it. Can't remember the name of the place. But I think it was one of the more well known places there.

Yep, me either.

How can you not recall the name for us ? !

This is important stuff !!

btw i could not help myself to share my recent discovery http://saverneproducts.com/

Try the Craft Beer Kraut they offer. will change you mind about the Krauts :lol:

Booze and drugs.

is it a special day for you?

I would include hookers, but thats racist

Schmidt's! Did you try the cream puffs?

You mean the beer !

corn and rice are cheap alcohol. i find it offensive

I work right across the highway from the Bud plant. The smell comes by quite often. Reminds me of the General Mills plant in downtown Buffalo and the smell of Cheerios.

:D

yes it is a once a year thing for me, right around Oktoberfest. Though I just saw that they are part of Amazon Prime Now's restaurant delivery, which could be dangerous ...

uh oh, i better not look :flirt:

I'll take that as fact and run! Babysitting my 3 year old grandson in Nashville this week, and he'll eat Mac and Cheese 3 meals a day! I'm grand dad of the year! Trophy please....

Its on Augie. I am vying for the title myself.

Be warned , i am bringing my A game for this serious competition Granpops strive for. as soon as i recall where i put it...

I found a bunch of C and B games so far.

gosh i love food

Thank the wife please !!

Yep, me either.

How can you not recall the name for us ? !

This is important stuff !!

btw i could not help myself to share my recent discovery http://saverneproducts.com/

Try the Craft Beer Kraut they offer. will change you mind about the Krauts :lol:

Wife says the Skyline Chili is at Wegmans near the other chili - same aisle as the Tuna fish.

The only Kraut I eat regularly is the bag stuff - Bavarian Silver Floss (I think) - from Tops. Usually eat it with fresh kielbasa.

I have had some really good homemade kraut from Spars European Sausage on Amherst St. near Grant St right off the Scajaquada. Their sausage is damn good too. Various kinds of German Brats and other sausages.

I'll check out your link. Thanks. :thumbsup:

My award winning homemade Chili

Two 20 hour marinated Tri Tips cooked over my charcoal BBQ rotisserie and sliced for sliders.

Luinguica sliders on Hawaiian mini Rolls

Grilled Pork Roll on Hawaiin mini Rolls

Plus what ever my friends bring which is usually things like Mac & Cheese, Salads, Cheese Plates, Dips, Chicken Wings, etc.

Two 20 hour marinated Tri Tips cooked over my charcoal BBQ rotisserie and sliced for sliders.

Plus what ever my friends bring which is usually things like Mac & Cheese, Salads, Cheese Plates, Dips, Chicken Wings, etc.

Daaaaaaaaamn man, sounds good! :)

If I went to your party I'd probably be in a food coma by gametime.

Any chance of getting the chili recipe?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Whats in your award winning chili?

I make a pretty amazing and highly simple chili. The secret is grinding your own chili powder and avoiding the generic McCormicks 'Chili Powder' at all costs. Pasilla, ancho, chipotle, and a touch if habanero or chile de arbol. Also, smoked ham hocks.

I make a pretty amazing and highly simple chili. The secret is grinding your own chili powder and avoiding the generic McCormicks 'Chili Powder' at all costs. Pasilla, ancho, chipotle, and a touch if habanero or chile de arbol. Also, smoked ham hocks.

Aged Cheddar and lots of it - my secret ingredient to award winning chili.

If somebody else's chili tastes better than yours - just add more Cheddar to yours until judges agree yours is superior.

Or just melt a pot of Cheddar, throw in a little meat, kidney beans and tomatoes - and call it Chili.

To be honest, its really a variation of my Grandmas old school chili. Yeah I like to use fresh spices too, amazing how big of a difference it makes. Honestly I like my chili simple and traditional too, and NO produce other than onion and garlic...the kind you would love on a chili dog or in a bowl. I always puree any tomatoes products used rather than chunks of tomatoes. I use 3 kinds of high end fresh ground meat, the same I would use for making a great meatball. Fresh ground sirloin, veal and pork. Two secrets to it though I got from my Grandmas recipe...Pureed Mexican Stewed Tomatoes and a package of Brick Chili.

Just saw the smoked Ham hocks part of yours...youve peaked my interest, that sounds pretty good and may need to experiment with that.

Daaaaaaaaamn man, sounds good! :)

If I went to your party I'd probably be in a food coma by gametime.

Any chance of getting the chili recipe?

Thanks...really most of it sound harder than it is to make. Pork Roll and Luinguica sliders is more about just slicing and grilling real fast. Tri Tip is easy too as only takes me a few minutes to make my marinade and cooking is easy as the Rotisserie does most the work while I baste it. And Chili is most prep and work, but even then I am done in like 30 min that morning and the crock pot does the rest the work all day where I just have to stir occasionally. I like making these things on Super Sunday because they don't take a lot of time during the game to get ready to eat.

PM me Codemonkey and I will share it with you. Most the credit goes to my grandma...I just tweaked it a bit and won 3 of 3 competitions I entered it in.

Aged Cheddar and lots of it - my secret ingredient to award winning chili.

If somebody else's chili tastes better than yours - just add more Cheddar to yours until judges agree yours is superior.

Or just melt a pot of Cheddar, throw in a little meat, kidney beans and tomatoes - and call it Chili.

Yes graded CHEESE IS A MUST as a final topping and I also prefer aged cheddar

Edited by Alphadawg7

Booze and drugs.

That covers breakfast... What about the game?

I've been touring around the internet for a top shelf nacho recipe to make at home...lots ideas but I still don't think I've found "it" yet.

"KILLER Nachos" has me interested...if you care to share some details please do!

I'll have a cooler of Old Mill's beside the couch...and no dietary food restrictions on this end.....yet :D

Three cheeses Havarti, Sharp white, and sharp yellow, sliced home-pickled jalapenos, (just a few) Sliced black olives, Homemade guacamole, ground beef with garden-variety taco seasoning, Few dollups of Breakstone's sour cream as topping.

Edited by #34fan

Regarding nachos, I made these awesome roasted chicken green chile nachos for the super bowl about 5 years ago. Highly recommend it. In fact, I may reprise them this year:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-chicken-nachos-with-green-chili-cheese-sauce-recipe.amp.html

The one caveat with my nachos is that they don't go great with beer because of the heaviness... JMO.... I don't plan on drinking as much as I typically do for big games.

No special menu. 74° here Sunday. Going to a pot luck party. The host is heating the pool and hot tub. I'm bringing things to make a grilled chicken spinach salad because there's so much drinking we need to eat good food.

Hot tub???... Now THAT sounds like a party!...Hopefully there's more chicks there than dudes...

Wife wants me to keep it simple this year, she gets stressed out when I go all out. I often miss have the game though so maybe this is a better idea.

Apps: My wings, Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms

Game Food: Porchetta sandwiches with broccoli rabe and lemon caper mayo, brats and Italian sausages

Dessert: Homemade chocolate chip/Chocolate Espresso cookies and/or homemade ice cream ( Buffalo Bleu, French Toast custard, or Coconut Almond Chip)

Beverage: Garage Brewing Co. variety pack

post-7839-0-85815000-1486250454_thumb.jpg

post-7839-0-92042700-1486250608_thumb.jpg

Turns out some friends are hosting a get together now. I was going to make wings but am unsure how to make them ahead of time and transport them such that they will not get soggy. Any tips?

how do you make them.. I was thinking you could transport the sauce separately and then toss upon arrival