Malik Hooker had two surgeries = no combine, 4-6 months

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, he's more Ed Reed than Polamalu. Hooker is a rangy playmaker but not the thumper than some of these guys.

Thumping is considered "mean" now, and draws yellow flags, not to mention fines. Or at least so it seems....

@nfldraftscout

Malik Hooker had surgery Tuesday on a torn labrum and a hernia that he played through late this season. He will miss the Combine.

@nfldraftscout

Pretty impressive Hooker played through those injuries against Michigan and Clemson and still looked like a top 10 player.

Pain meds are a wondrous thing

Second round steal! Doesnt take much to see a player drop.

Thumping is considered "mean" now, and draws yellow flags, not to mention fines. Or at least so it seems....

Not really. Hitting the head and trying to injure defenseless guys is a penalty. Very few weak unnecessary roughness calls this year.

Not really. Hitting the head and trying to injure defenseless guys is a penalty. Very few weak unnecessary roughness calls this year.

I recall what I felt were some clean hits where the "hittee" was lowering in preparation for contact, and the contact slid from face mask to the chest up to crown of the head to the chin. Keep this up and you can't hit above the belly button. Many may disagree, but I remember getting pissed a few times this year (even in non-Bills games) wondering what else the guy could have done. Maybe that's just me...

He won't drop to the second round. Not even close.

I recall what I felt were some clean hits where the "hittee" was lowering in preparation for contact, and the contact slid from face mask to the chest up to crown of the head to the chin. Keep this up and you can't hit above the belly button. Many may disagree, but I remember getting pissed a few times this year (even in non-Bills games) wondering what else the guy could have done. Maybe that's just me...

The contract you are talking about was leading with the head. Not leading with the helmet at all is the objective. Head up and wrap.

Why limit this thread to Hooker?

Let's get ANGRY with Whaley for picking 5-10 different players that he hasn't picked yet. We can work in all sorts of guys that are injured, reaches, not in a position of need, and even throw in a guy at #10 that was projected to go in the 50s. This way we can get really mad.

If what the early consensus in the scouting community seems to suggest is true and Hooker is there at 10, you jump on it and never look back. He will be the best player on the board by a country mile.

this pretty much. if they can trade back into the teens for a a few picks and an extra 2nd Rounder this year and STILL get hooker, well damn. Whaley would have won the off-season without Rex

Pain meds are a wondrous thing

hell yeah.