The arrogance...

Atlanta has a lot of transplants here for good jobs. That's why we are here. That's not the formula for passionate sports fans. With Sirius radio, I rarely hear a word about my local teams. I will go to those new stadiums, though! The Falcons stadium looks like it will be awesome! The Braves stadium is less than 3 miles from where I live, so I'll kill some time there.

I do recall a lot of enthusiasm for the Braves during that great stretch in the 90's when they won a lot. when teams win people notice. Maybe this is the catalyst for the Falcons to become a huge deal. The Bills were not exactly killing it with enthusiasm before Jim Kelly arrived and the winning started.

Ha! You think so, but Krafty Bob is already planning for the post-Brady/Belicheat era. He has Roger Goodell on a leash.

When Bob Kraft wears a Tom Brady jersey, does he put a decimal point in front of the 12 as an indicator of his BAC at the end of the first quarter?

I do recall a lot of enthusiasm for the Braves during that great stretch in the 90's when they won a lot. when teams win people notice. Maybe this is the catalyst for the Falcons to become a huge deal. The Bills were not exactly killing it with enthusiasm before Jim Kelly arrived and the winning started.

I hope it gets better, I really do. Those '90's Braves teams were in another lifetime. They were covered by TBS and became a regional fascination. I lived in Hilton Head Island, SC in the early '90's (about 4-5 hours away) and it was indeed a big thing. Since then little things like the internet, Directv, satellite radio, etc have changed the landscape. And Atlanta is almost unrecognizable since those days. But yes, if you don't win it's hard to tell how much interest you might have. I honestly think the new stadium could help the Falcons. The Georgia Dome is "fine" and it's hard to imagine replacing it, but the new Mercedes Benz dome will be amazing!

It is kind of a stupid article to write but he is on to something. There is something kinda blah and generic, uninteresting about the Falcons. They were cooler when they played at Fulton County Stadium, had red helmets and Steve Bartkowski was the qb.

I cannot wait to see Atlanta beat the Cheats by 20. My favorite parts will be BB throwing his tablet into the garbage can like when we won, and Brady throwing so many tantrums on the sidelines when their line doesn't have an answer for Beasley.

A man can wish. Then Big Ben can tweet, "hey Pats, you're 4 for 9. We're 6 for 7! See you Next year"

I want to see Beasley rip Brady's head off but maybe that's just me! :)

Matt Ryan is on a tear, hopefully they can do it one more time

Edited by kdiggz

Got to meet Arthur Blank once after a Falcons game. The nicest, down to earth guy, loves his players and is very sensitive to the families of the players and what some of them have been through.

The lack of energy at the Atlanta stadium is mostly a combination of dome's being lame and lack of tailgating (there is zero). But don't confuse that with apathy, they love their team, they just don't know how to party like we do up north.

Thats why we won the war. Our troops were ragers.....

This is true. The segment with Chris Dimino was hilarious.

Honestly, there are a lot of parallells to be drawn between those 90's Braves and the Bills of that era. The enthusiasm at the beginning of the Braves run was off-the-charts, especially in 1991 - the worst to first season. After a while, the fans just got used to winning and interest died off. The same thing happened to the Bills throughout the 90's. Let's not forget, the Frank Reich Comeback Game was NOT sold out and blacked out locally.

The big difference between the two is this: Now that they are bad, there is zero enthusiasm for the Braves, while the Bills have somehow become even more popular.

What is your perspective of Atlanta?

The local sports talk guys had Dan on the radio on Tuesday. They actually did a good job of ripping him apart and making him look really foolish and lazy.

This is true. The segment with Chris Dimino was hilarious.

Honestly, there are a lot of parallells to be drawn between those 90's Braves and the Bills of that era. The enthusiasm at the beginning of the Braves run was off-the-charts, especially in 1991 - the worst to first season. After a while, the fans just got used to winning and interest died off. The same thing happened to the Bills throughout the 90's. Let's not forget, the Frank Reich Comeback Game was NOT sold out and blacked out locally.

The big difference between the two is this: Now that they are bad, there is zero enthusiasm for the Braves, while the Bills have somehow become even more popular.

Oh man, i suffered a lot of heart ache during the 90's being a Bills and Braves fan.

Atlanta is coming along as a sports city. I want to see where Atlanta is in 30 years from now. I think the Falcons winning a Super Bowl this year will help them grow the fan base a ton. The nice weather and the fact that it is a city of transplants has stunted the growth for awhile. As this generation born here in the 80's and 90's begins to make money and support the teams i think things will change.

Couldn't agree more with that article. Even if they win, Atlanta pro sports teams still = zzzzzzzz.

Edited by Rico

• 2 weeks later...