The arrogance...

This isn't new. I lived in Boston in 2011, and guys were leaving work on the Friday before the SB and talking about plans like it was week 5. No enthusiasm. Just yeah i'll probably just catch it at home or the bar.

Hmm I wish that was the case. This is the time of year even the mothers and grandmothers are rocking their Tom Brady jerseys. Go to a grocery store on a Sunday and it's like your waking around Patriots Place. Find the one other random fan walking around and take joy in the fact that you both just hope the Pats blow it! Usually it's a steelers fan, on rare occasion we find other Bills fans and that usually results in hand shakes and talks of better days.

Hmm I wish that was the case. This is the time of year even the mothers and grandmothers are rocking their Tom Brady jerseys. Go to a grocery store on a Sunday and it's like your waking around Patriots Place. Find the one other random fan walking around and take joy in the fact that you both just hope the Pats blow it! Usually it's a steelers fan, on rare occasion we find other Bills fans and that usually results in hand shakes and talks of better days.

oh, no i'm not dismissing them wearing jerseys. that's the only attire there: Boston sports team jerseys.

Pats*** fans, as well as writer fans apparently, are the most obnoxious f*ckboy types of people you will ever meet. They have never done anything wrong, Goodell is out to get them, the refs are out to get them (despite the bullsh*t calls CONSTANTLY going in their favor ala the Brady fumble on Sunday night), and despite all of this injustice they prevail against "all evil". I hope and pray that not only do they lose, but that it is in epic proportion with the Falcons hanging 40 to 50+ on them while they can't muster anymore than 10-20. I hope someone rubs their arms down in butter and they fumble 5+ times. I hope Matt Ryan breaks Steve Young's SB record for TD's. And I hope this retaaahhhhd is crying on his keyboard writing a summary about the game.

Yep. They're arrogant all right! And deservedly so! Oh, and it sucks - I hate them too!!

Depending on your age you may remember the early 90's around here - we were the same way and the rest of the country hated us and we basked in it! It's a lot of fun being hated because you're good! After the 2nd Super Bowl (#26), it felt like the Playoffs and the Super Bowl was a birth right. That was fun and it made our winters a heckuva lot shorter!

Go Falcons!!!!

I hope when Brady retires, so does Belichek and all these Mazzholes are brought back to earth when the Cheatriots aren't winning the division every year and are back to where they were pre-Brady.

Ha! You think so, but Krafty Bob is already planning for the post-Brady/Belicheat era. He has Roger Goodell on a leash.

I hope when Brady retires, so does Belichek and all these Mazzholes are brought back to earth when the Cheatriots aren't winning the division every year and are back to where they were pre-Brady.

I actually hope that when one retires, that the other one is left behind for 2-3 years to do some serious losing, and show that the other was more important to the success... I just can't decide which one I hate more, to hope for the other one to retire. Likely, Brady retires, and Belichick stays and they max out at 10 wins for the rest of his career.

Mmm k.

On any other Sunday that stadium is an opera. Southerners prefer college football and there are more transplants in the city than Atlantans.

If Buffalo ever wins the AFC it won't be just the 70some thousand people in the stadium going crazy, it'll be the entire city / region and fans around the country!

oh, no i'm not dismissing them wearing jerseys. that's the only attire there: Boston sports team jerseys.

should be Celtics jerseys

Mmm k.

On any other Sunday that stadium is an opera. Southerners prefer college football and there are more transplants in the city than Atlantans.

yes that is definitely CFB country

I read the article and it is largely true and on point. Atlanta, outside of SEC football, is not a good sports town and Boston/New England has had a great run of professional sports success in the 10-15 years. That said, Shaughnessy is certainly an arrogant douche and I have no argument with that!

Total arrogance. But there is a grain of truth to the idea that Atlanta is not exactly a passionate town for pro sports.

Atlanta has a lot of transplants here for good jobs. That's why we are here. That's not the formula for passionate sports fans. With Sirius radio, I rarely hear a word about my local teams. I will go to those new stadiums, though! The Falcons stadium looks like it will be awesome! The Braves stadium is less than 3 miles from where I live, so I'll kill some time there.

I cannot wait to see Atlanta beat the Cheats by 20. My favorite parts will be BB throwing his tablet into the garbage can like when we won, and Brady throwing so many tantrums on the sidelines when their line doesn't have an answer for Beasley.

A man can wish. Then Big Ben can tweet, "hey Pats, you're 4 for 9. We're 6 for 7! See you Next year"