Chiefs WR coach = Bills QB coach

YoloinOhio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB coach is the dumbest position... If the QB does well the coach is praised, of he does bad the QB coach is dumped. Int he end a QB coach does nothing more then any other coach. Waste of a position.

QB Coach is the guy going through the film with the quarterback and showing him what he missed, what he should do in that situation next time, asks him what was going through his mind on that play, etc.... Its basically an OC but strickly for the QB, some work on mechanics if they see a weakness in a players game. They run the QB drills in practice, etc.

IDK why people dont understand this. Youve never played peewee football? you got a guy that teaches the basics of a position, runs the drills to work on skills, and goes through their piece in that weeks gameplan.

As long as he can teach Tyrod how to be 6" taller so he can see an open receiver and hit him in stride, I don't care what kind of coach he is.

Otherwise, find a taller QB that can see something other than the numbers on the back of the O-Line jerseys.

Yeah. We're desperate to find a #tallwhitequarterback

tyrod-deep-ball.gif

Looks like a great veteran coach, but he's a career WR coach in the NFL and almost all of his college stints as well.

We still don't have anyone on staff whose even worked with an NFL QB, let alone developed one. I don't see how this is a good thing.

Maybe it's because we don't have an NFL QB. Have to apply a different approach!!

Looks like a great veteran coach, but he's a career WR coach in the NFL and almost all of his college stints as well.

We still don't have anyone on staff whose even worked with an NFL QB, let alone developed one. I don't see how this is a good thing.

What about our OC?

QB Coach is the guy going through the film with the quarterback and showing him what he missed, what he should do in that situation next time, asks him what was going through his mind on that play, etc.... Its basically an OC but strickly for the QB, some work on mechanics if they see a weakness in a players game. They run the QB drills in practice, etc.

IDK why people dont understand this. Youve never played peewee football? you got a guy that teaches the basics of a position, runs the drills to work on skills, and goes through their piece in that weeks gameplan.

Mechanics are tricky at this level - there are so few practices and stuff that you really can't focus too much on footwork and all that. All season long you're installing a gameplan, and in training camp you do have to actually practice plays.

Typically when guys work on mechanics its independent of the team as they can get 1x1 coaching time, usually with a coach who's dedicated to fixing poor mechanics.

Spent 18 years under Reid. That is a long time! Even had assistant HC title. Just seems odd he would leave to be QB coach of Buffalo. But I guess it's a bonus he helped development of Tyreek Hill. ...And he is from SPARTA!

I agree, another great hire by McDermott. .......Culley has been a right hand man of Reid for years.

Well, many on the board said that the head coach didn't have to be an offensive mind or know anything about QB's. He would hire somebody great. This is what we get. Buffalo prioritizes the wrong side of the ball and again shows criminal negligence in drafting and developing a QB.

Did you get your criminal degree from mail order?

Did you get your criminal degree from mail order?

your-logical-fallacy-is.png
ad hominem You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Good point.

I remember Fitz once said that only one of his NFL QB Coaches actually coached the mechanics of the QB position. The rest of them did the 'mini OC' stuff I mentioned earlier.

Tell it to WEO.

Without looking it up, how many of you know the names of any coaches on the Falcons' or Pats***' staffs besides the HC, OC, DC, and perhaps STC?

Not many, I'm guessing.

This thread is so silly.

Edited by eball

these staffs are always filled with old friends

yes, that is true....but it enables a new HC to field his team of coaches with folks he knows and trusts....and for a fast start at getting it done...and not having to learn about each other via an off the street hire....things can be moved along faster.