Chiefs WR coach = Bills QB coach

YoloinOhio

these staffs are always filled with old friends

not necessarily old friends, but people you are familiar with, and know you also get/got along with. If you're going to be spending a lot of time with someone, you don't want some !@#$....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're going to pull a page out of the Rex playbook and bring in an asst. QB coach who does have experience at that position??

Part of the role of a QB Coach is to play mini-OC: breakdown game tape, look for tendencies, prepare the players for the upcoming game plan and so on. A good WR coach could transition pretty smoothly to these kinds of tasks.

But you also want the QB Coach to coach the mechanics of the position: footwork, throwing motioning, where to look with your eyes, and so on. This would be hard transition for a WR coach who would lack both the expertise and the credibility. Seems like a very odd hire though maybe we're missing something.

Well, many on the board said that the head coach didn't have to be an offensive mind or know anything about QB's. He would hire somebody great. This is what we get. Buffalo prioritizes the wrong side of the ball and again shows criminal negligence in drafting and developing a QB.

Well hiring coaches who were supposed to be knowledgeable and QB gurus hasn't worked for them yet, why not try something new? Whom better to teach someone how to throw the ball to wrs then a wrs coach?

When did the Bills hire a QB guru for head coach or offensive coordinator in the last ten years? None of Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan or any of their staff were known for developing a QB.

For a guy to take a weird lateral move like this, it tells me he was either about to be fired (unlikely) or, more likely, has been identified as a rising star as an OC/HC and wants to round out his resume by proving that he can coach up the most important position on offense. If so I'm intrigued.

I guess the thinking is that QB coach of a passable QB is the quickest route to an OC job. He's not badly qualified for the role, having coached QB's before. Just a while ago.

He is in his 60s. I'd be surprised if he gets an OC shot at this stage if he never has before.

I think he can coach the QB position, hes been around football for 40 years and was a QB himself....seems like another good hire

A WR coach doesnt just hang out with the WRs and say "run this route, catch the ball"

After Maclin is cut as a cap casualty in KC, having Culley on staff can help us sway him to come finish his NFL career with us...

Maclin on Culley being in KC when he signed, "It's a big factor why I came to KC, and I have nothing but love for him....its more than a player-coach relationship. We're actually friends and its deeper than that".

Edited by PaattMaann

For a guy to take a weird lateral move like this, it tells me he was either about to be fired (unlikely) or, more likely, has been identified as a rising star as an OC/HC and wants to round out his resume by proving that he can coach up the most important position on offense. If so I'm intrigued.

Hopefully we look back on this hire in 2 years and this is true.

That's the first time I've ever heard that! Wow amazing work! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was pretty that everyone knew that. Was just bringing it up... Whether it's relevant is up for discussion. It's a pretty amazing stat, especially in todays game. Does this fall more the receivers or the quarterback? Coaching? Have you any input, or did you just want to contribute with this invaluable post?