Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if discussed but reported this morning that Bills are looking at KC's WR coach. Sal didn't know at the time what position it was for but I'm guessing it is a lateral move and Dorsey would be same as QB coach.

@salsports

I'm told Bills may be interviewing Chiefs WR coach David Culley. But unsure if it's for OC or another position. Was with McDermott in Philly

Edited by YoloinOhio

So, Gilmore, Z Brown, R Woods, Felton, Alexander, maybe Mills, maybe Douzable, maybe Hunter, maybe White, and oh look at that, Brandon Spikes was on the team this past year... who knew.

That sounds about right. I would add Bryant too.

So we got the OC and DC from both Superbowl 50 participants!

Fact

Not a peep from LaConjecture, Carucci, or Schefter on this until the Bills announced it.

They all owe the Bills apologies. It appears that jackass leaker is finally gone. And it looks he took the dysfunction with him.

Just among us fans I'm not sure what to think about any of these hires, BUT I'm encouraged that the HC and coordinators don't appear to be straight-up crony hires like we've seen in the past five years. I see experience, merit, and opportunity. Giddy up.

Su-per-bowl! Su-per-bowl! Su-per-bowl! :thumbsup:

They all owe the Bills apologies. It appears that jackass leaker is finally gone. And it looks he took the dysfunction with him.

So getting a highly qualified HC with an experienced and well respected coaching staff wasn't such a tough sell after all.

Exactly what I was saying. The guys that cover the Broncos don't even know what kind of coordinator he is because it was all Kubiak.

What happened to this? You said this just a few days ago.

Yes. Forever, however, it's been easy to see how when an OC or a DC becomes an HC, they do not spend 100% of their time on the O or the D. It's somewhere, I imagine, between 30-80% of their time considering the other side of the ball, special teams, meetings, duties only a HC has, etc. And I do not think you can just attribute a guy's offense if he is the HC but an O guy all to him. Frank Reich was getting HC interviews from being the OC even though I even posted here that it was totally McCoy's offense, meaning playbook.

No. You don't have to ask that. It's a dumb question. That's why you asked that.

So getting a highly qualified HC with an experienced and well respected coaching staff wasn't such a tough sell after all.

Only if you listened to these chuckleheads. Like I said before, #fakenews isn't just for politics.

I feel SO much better about this whole crew than the Rex hire. I tried to get on board, but while he'd be fun to have a beer with, or great on TV, he's not my style of coach. These seem like serious football guys. Time will tell how it turns out, but I'm encouraged.

Edited by Augie

Not a peep from LaConjecture, Carucci, or Schefter on this until the Bills announced it.

Other than Vic saying there was nothing to the AVP rumors.

Honestly.......why are so many knuckleheads like 26ButterFace(aka 26ButHisTakes) so obsessed about reporters breaking stories?

If the Bills do a halfway decent job of keeping it a secret then why is it the media's responsibility to break the story?

I mean hell let's start blaming fellow posters for the 17 year playoff drought while we are at it?

Why didn't 26ButterFace find a link to this hiring sooner? He must suck at the one thing he does here! :lol::rolleyes:

Without a doubt the best thing about this hire is that the leaks at OBD appear to have been plugged. Can't say how happy I am to see that. Maybe they start running like a professional organization. Those of you who flipped out over Olson rumors should feel pretty silly. And we have further confirmation Vic Carucci has no idea what's going on.

Only if you listened to these chuckleheads. Like I said before, #fakenews isn't just for politics.

The loud chorus of outrage screaming dysfunction and incompetence was interesting to say the least with the the recent on-field results certainly reflective of much better than that. Apology from any of that crew....ain't happening.

Ryan Groy is the interesting name here. I think LT/LG would be okay with that philosophical shift but less sure about Wood/Miller. Groy really is a cut above them as an athlete and acquitted himself well when pressed into action.

Groy is a must keep for back up C/G. I would be fine with him starting Center if we need to free up cap space by cutting Wood.