The Trump Economy

GG

With nothing to sell to voters, Democrats now root for economic crash

With nothing to sell to voters, Democrats have been going off with pop guns against each other in this long season of debates, each taking aim at the next guy while President Trump stands by in the distance. patiently with his Howitzer, nicknamed 'Economy.'

That's put them in a quandary. 

Some, such as Pete Buttigieg, are trying to claim the economy isn't so good after all.

Others, such as Bernie Sanders, are trying to claim that as the economy goes up, wages remain stagnant, so only billionaires are feeling it.

Then there's President Obama, who from the sidelines admits the economy is good -- and at this late date now tries to claim that he did it.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off-topic

Buffalo & Rochester metro areas again finish last in WSJ's US job market analysis. 

The two hottest U.S. job markets in 2019 were growing Southern state capitals with vibrant music scenes and an influx of technology jobs.

Austin, Texas, topped the list for the second consecutive year, according to a Wall Street Journal ranking of new data collected by Moody’s Analytics. Nashville, Tenn., jumped to the No. 2 spot from seventh. Both cities anchor metropolitan areas of around two million people.

The Journal worked with Moody’s Analytics to assess the labor market in 381 metro areas. Each region was ranked on five metrics: the unemployment rate, labor-force participation rate, job growth, labor-force growth and wage growth.

An average of those rankings was used to determine the hottest labor market in the U.S. for metro areas with more than one million people, and separately for less populous regions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Market Meltdown today! My God! This thing, this virus, is a sh it. 

If this continues it will hurt Trump badly. 401ks getting crap knocked out of them today. 

It's really because of his tariff war, though. The economy could have shrugged this off if it was just this. Throw in a stupid, useless trade war and its all too much. Sad 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If this continues it will hurt Trump badly. 401ks getting crap knocked out of them today. 

It's really because of his tariff war, though. The economy could have shrugged this off if it was just this. Throw in a stupid, useless trade war and its all too much. Sad 

I would think that this virus for you would be like going to the comedy club. So many people are dying you may need stitches for the stitches in your side from laughter. 

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I would think that this virus for you would be like going to the comedy club. So many people are dying you may need stitches for the stitches in your side from laughter. 

Politics board, if it causes Trump to lose, then it's ok to discuss. You are a sh it head, btw 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I thought that I flushed you around 8:30 this morning?  I guess that I had better pull the lever again.  

Such a thoughtful response! 

Hey, I'll snap you out of your little hate filled mood. 

Did you see this? 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/world/massive-neutron-star-collision-scn/index.html

Gravitational waves detected. Two neutron stars collided. Gold and platinum are created 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I came over here because I was pretty sure you were going to somehow spin today’s sell off as a #ornagemanbad thing. You are seriously deranged. 

2CAB1552-0180-44EB-883B-50B9D89D6EDD.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Left is quietly cheering for the coronavirus to spread and the stock market to sink in order to take down Trump.

Will the cheering work? Is this the doom of Trump? 

Wait till it spreads to economic fall out hits Main street. 

Unemployment will start to tick up, Trump will blame...I dunno, probably Hillary I guess, lol. 

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Left is quietly cheering for the coronavirus to spread and the stock market to sink in order to take down Trump.

The bonus for gator is that he gets a good laugh from all the deaths.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

pshaw.... the left unleashed the virus to take Trump down. boink.gif.67d311290ca221d194ef80fe08d33480.gif

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is Obama going to take credit for the drop? He was more than happy to chime in on the rise!

Much like December, 2018, any downturns are solely Trump's fault. The following rebounds are all due to Obama's careful and glorious stewardship. PRAISE BE OBAMA!

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Which only proves this is emotional for them, not logical. 

Emotional people make poor choices -- like supporting a coup and overreach by the administrative state simply because they hate the president without thinking through the long term implications of their advocacy. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which only proves this is emotional for them, not logical. 

Emotional people make poor choices -- like supporting a coup and overreach by the administrative state simply because they hate the president without thinking through the long term implications of their advocacy. 

The Left will be down right giddy if the coronavirus is still spreading when tornado season starts soon.

• Like (+1) 1

“We’ve contained the virus very well here in the U.S.,” Mr. Kudlow said, adding, “I don’t think it’s going to be an economic tragedy at all.” ?

The coronavirus could affect the United States economy in several ways. If supply chains are disrupted by quarantines in trading partners, there could be a short-term hit to production and growth. If the spreading virus makes investors skittish and causes a protracted market slump, that could feed through to credit conditions, making it harder for households to borrow and spend. If more infections come to American shores, prompting quarantines, the fallout would be even more pronounced.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/business/economy/fed-coronavirus-economy.html

Bray wants attention? 

Maybe consumer confidence won’t take as big of a hit as the market is assuming. Because consumer consumption drives the economy. Airlines, hotel chains, concert promoters, ship lines have all gone down hard. If people are afraid to travel and spend money....

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Never understood the ignore thing.

Why deny yourself a good laugh.

The only dumbasses that ever made it to my ignore list are the ones who are going out of their way just to be offensive. That ain't Tibs.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The only dumbasses that ever made it to my ignore list are the ones who are going out of their way just to be offensive. That ain't Tibs.

He doesn't go out of his way to be offensive, but he does go out of his way to say the most embarrassingly stupid stuff that I have to put him on ignore just to stop believing someone can purposely be that ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He doesn't go out of his way to be offensive, but he does go out of his way to say the most embarrassingly stupid stuff that I have to put him on ignore just to stop believing someone can purposely be that ignorant.

I get entertainment value out of that. To each their own.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This could cost Trump the election, there is no doubt. 

I will cheer Trump losing for sure. 

You better hope this virus tails off or gets solved so that the market rebounds.  Otherwise Bernie's Wall St. tax isn't gonna be able to fund the free stuff. 

12 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

You better hope this virus tails off or gets solved so that the market rebounds.  Otherwise Bernie's Wall St. tax isn't gonna be able to fund the free stuff. 

Nah, he'll just sue another industry (after oil and gas) for the trillions he needs to fund the free stuff. Maybe coal?

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Tibs, in a snit, I'm sure, did an off the wall "oh you're gay" thing towards me.

He can be a sassy one when he's befuddled..

But, yeah, Tibs is fine in here.

Edited by I am the egg man