Kelly Skipper Named Bills' RB Coach

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about this guy other than what I am reading in this thread.

It is interesting that Skipper is being replaced in Jacksonville by one of our former coaches - Tyrone Wheatley.

Didn't we all think Fred Jackson might join the coaching staff?

As I recall, when Fred was cut, he called Doug Whaley dishonest or something like that. Unless they kissed and made up, I suspect that he is not likely to be a coach with the Bills. I do think that he would be a good one though.

He's yet another mediocre coach who under performs consistently. How do these guys continue to get jobs? They have some damn good agents.

A quote from the Florida Times Union when the Jags hired him:

"Oaklands run game statistics were woeful last year. The Raiders were last in yards per game (77.5) and rushing touchdowns (four). In Skippers six years, the Raiders running game finished 21st, second, seventh, 28th, 12th and last. Oaklands combined six-year run-game ranking was 16th in yards and 12th in yards per attempt."

Can you tell us who the RBs were and who was on the offensive line? A of that does play a part. Poor Shady and TD Mike are going to forget how to run the rock now that Skipper has shown up... 😐

I love the judgment from people who have probably never heard of the guy prior to the announcement!

This place is something else

The guy was most recently on a staff people don't respect working under an OC who people REALLY don't want to see here. Our last RB coach is now the HC of the Chargers, it seems like quite a dropoff

The guy was most recently on a staff people don't respect working under an OC who people REALLY don't want to see here. Our last RB coach is now the HC of the Chargers, it seems like quite a dropoff

Shady has done well under multiple OCs.

I love the judgment from people who have probably never heard of the guy prior to the announcement!

This place is something else

I would think being able to coach Shady would put us in a position to get a badass RB coach with good experience.

Edited by Chilly

Shady has done well under multiple OCs.

Yeah I'm not saying I don't like him. I quite literally know nothing about him other than what was posted in this very thread. I was just responding to a commenter complaining about the negativity.

Yep. Assuming it'll be announced tomorrow.

Most likely. At the very least the people in the building KNOW who the next OC is, otherwise it makes absolutely NO sense why we'd be hiring offensive assistants without the input of the OC. Where the heck is Leroi when you need him?!