Gut Feeling - AVP

Virgil

As I write this, they will probably hire someone else. But, I feel like the team is waiting on an offensive coordinator who is still coaching right now. When I look at who is available, Alex Van Pelt makes too much sense.

Could be wrong and I have nothing to base this on. Just my hunch.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than you knowing he played here, whats your case for why he makes the most sense? what are the ties to the staff, shared philosophies you see -- anything?

One of those "type" things is that they already hired a OL/run game coordinator and today a TE coach. It's a little strange to not have the OC in on those decisions. If they know he is their guy, and they know he is good with the hires, a guy whose team is still in the playoffs makes more sense than not.

I think about AVP a lot. I loved that season he stepped in at the last minute as OC and did a very credible job. By the end of the year (2009?) we had the best running game in the league.

Green Bay will block him from interviewing. he should get out of there.

Green Bay is blocking teams from interviewing AVP, no?

The year can do whatever they want, but I think his contact is done after this season. Knowing that many teams were interested last year, I doubt he'd agree to an extension without having an out to get an OC spot

One of those "type" things is that they already hired a OL/run game coordinator and today a TE coach. It's a little strange to not have the OC in on those decisions. If they know he is their guy, and they know he is good with the hires, a guy whose team is still in the playoffs makes more sense than not.

But what about others in the playoffs, etc?

Does he have any connection to either offensive coach or our head coach?

Repeat post from the Boras Thread...

That intense hug between AVP and Aaron Rodgers Sunday post game seemed like a good-bye..just saying...it wasn't a great emotional game win hug -- it was I am so glad we got to work together hug... B-);)

I think about AVP a lot. I loved that season he stepped in at the last minute as OC and did a very credible job. By the end of the year (2009?) we had the best running game in the league.

Green Bay will block him from interviewing. he should get out of there.

That's because we had about 800 yards rushing in the final game of the season against an Indy team that had clinched home field advantage and was resting many of their starters. It was also a snowstorm, which helps the run game.

other than you knowing he played here, whats your case for why he makes the most sense? what are the ties to the staff, shared philosophies you see -- anything?

Absolutely nothing really. I don't see us getting a lateral move. Of the teams left, he's the only one who seems like he might be interested and ask GB to let him interview.

This would be fantastic. Please, God, not the retread from Jax.

I love the McDermott hire...and the coaches he's brought on board thus far...but I think so much of it rides on his OC pick (like most others here). I am trusting the wait is deliberate in an attempt to get the right coach. VanPelt would be good in my opinion.

Here's to hoping you're right, Virgil.