Chad Kelly: Best place to get drafted? Fox Sports says...

Many of you are right. I sure hope Bills have the sense to not draft him. He will need to be in an organization with strong culture based on discipline and strong internal leaders - either NE, Steelers or someone like Tom Coughlin's Jags. If you watched him play he has an NFL arm. It's too bad his uncle's Jim.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what is going to happen here......... The Pats* will draft him in the 3rd or 4th round because everyone thinks he is an idiot and will flame out. Instead, he sits behind Brady for 3-4 years and then takes over the starting job after Brady retires. During his time in the Pats* organization, and due to the "culture" in the locker room, he completely changes his life and then proceeds to dominate the league for the next 10 years. The Bills meanwhile will still have not found a legit QB and are now whipped every year by a Kelly. Sound about right?

Anyway, that being said.....if he is there in the 3rd or 4th round, I take him. No problem taking a flyer on him.

He's a redshirt guy most likely. Tore his ACL late in the college season so he will miss minicamps, OTAs, and probably some of camp. He will be so far behind the curve at that point that 2018 would be his best chance to see some real time on the field. He also has to keep his nose clean until then.

and why Bills had best look the other way

I'm fine with taking him. Actually, I want to take him. 4th round or later, Kelly has talent and has made some bad decisions but doesn't sound like anything he can't grow out of. Not concerned about the blunt picture, he was a senior with a torn ACL. Big deal he smoked a blunt. Take a chance maybe we'll get lucky for once

It's amazing how much time we have spent talking about a guy that is ranked as the 15th best QB by Matt Miller (although a couple of guys went back to school). We are dedicating pages to turning the franchise over to the 13th QB to be drafted. Levi Brown was the 12th QB taken in 2010. Kelly is not the future of this franchise or likely any franchise. I realize that his uncle is Jim Kelly but that's not the reason to blow a draft pick on a guy that has tons of issues.

He's a redshirt guy most likely. Tore his ACL late in the college season so he will miss minicamps, OTAs, and probably some of camp. He will be so far behind the curve at that point that 2018 would be his best chance to see some real time on the field. He also has to keep his nose clean until then.

UDFA....IR the season. Is that aloud? Nothing to lose.

It's amazing how much time we have spent talking about a guy that is ranked as the 15th best QB by Matt Miller (although a couple of guys went back to school). We are dedicating pages to turning the franchise over to the 13th QB to be drafted. Levi Brown was the 12th QB taken in 2010. Kelly is not the future of this franchise or likely any franchise. I realize that his uncle is Jim Kelly but that's not the reason to blow a draft pick on a guy that has tons of issues.

The Sabres drafted Wayne Gretzky's brother Keith.

Ask any other child of a star or any other relation to a huge star that chooses the same career path how hard it is to follow a icon, that is a huge amount of pressure just being there not even counting when they finally do make it to the field ...

Talent wise he is up there with the tops, IMO.

but the issues drag him down so much.

Again in rds 4+ i see no issue with Buffalo taking a flyer on him.

Hopefulyl he gets his head out of his arse

I've seen a lot of him here in Mississippi. He went to East Mississippi Community College after getting booted out of Clemson and before Ole Miss. You like to think he will mature after each incident but he never seems to. That being said, if he gets his head on straight and that's a big if, he has all the tools. I think he will be 10 times the pro QB that Deshaun Watson, who many are yelling for at #10, ever will be.

Edited by Southern Bills Fan

Talent wise he is up there with the tops, IMO.

but the issues drag him down so much.

Again in rds 4+ i see no issue with Buffalo taking a flyer on him.

Hopefulyl he gets his head out of his arse

I think it's been pointed out a couple times already, but Jim Kelly was hardly a model teammate or human being when he was Chad's age. I mean, we probably don't know half of the stuff he got up to because there was no social media in 1983. He did grow up though, and turned into the man and QB that we all look up to now. Honestly, some of the moralizing and judgmental things people are saying about Chad makes me wonder what kind of people you are. I hope at least you have a comfortable couch to faint on every time you find out a 20 year old young man does something stupid.

It was also pointed out, and bears repeating, that Jim would likely take a direct and meaningful role in Chad's development, and maybe even accelerate his personal maturation process. That's an ace in the hole most guys like Chad don't have.

I have no idea if CK would be a successful NFL QB, but for people here to shout down the very notion of it seems pretty dumb, especially when you look at the alternatives. CK played some fantastic ball in a very hard conference, and twice made a really good Alabama D look foolish.

Just type into youtube "Chad Kelly vs" and watch all his throws. The kid is a gamer. What's the worst that could happen? What's the best?

The worst is we waste a draftpick on a QB that doesn't pan out, which would be horrible to a degree heretofore unimaginable in the pristine halls of twobillsdrive. Oh hang on a sec, we've already seen that movie what, 10 times?

The best is that we end up with a great QB who leads us back to the promised land and does his uncle proud.

The middle path is, he becomes an adequate starting QB in the NFL.

Playing for his hometown and being in his uncle shadow is probably the worse situation for this kid. Not to mention he's not the biggest of QB and takes a lot of chances and has character concerns raise a major red flag. I say draft someone else, Pat Mahomes is an interesting thought if we don't take someone in Round 1.