Per Wawror- A. Will leaning towards playing

RobRyanFan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the backlash here will be strong but reminder that we don't know the medical details like he and his family do.

As for the team, I wouldn't bank on him but it could be a nice piece to have

Yeah. Still think we need to draft a safety high with the intention of playing him right away. If AW plays, that's a big help but we can't count on him playing a whole season if he plays at all.

I'm sure the backlash here will be strong but reminder that we don't know the medical details like he and his family do.

I get what you're trying to say, but, backlash isn't the right word. Maybe "genuine concern" for a player even though "'we don't know the medical details like he and his family do." That's a positive reflection on Bills fans, not something negative.

yikes

it's not backlash it's that none of us want to watch kevin everett all over again. that's one play i'm sure is etched in everyone's mind just like the landry hit.

That's how I feel. The doctors know his situation. They aren't going to let him play unless they are very confident he is not going to have any real permanent threat. It's almost impossible for any of those guys to give up the game unless they are forced to. But the doctors aren't going to tell him it's okay if it's not.

Just dont get into a position where you are relying on him

This is the real issue for the team and for fans. The guy has started 3 games in 2015 and 5 games in 2016. Moreover, it's just a fact that because his injury is well-known around the league, it constitutes a weak spot that opponents will inevitably target, hoping to knock him out.

There's no question his talent on the field can help the Bills - if he can stay on the field. But if he can't, it means he's taking a place on the roster and the depth chart that could be used by a guy who can.

The problem, from a team perspective, is that contract. If he retires it frees up a bunch of space. If he decides to come back, the team really can't count on him but he still carries a big contract. Tough spot.

This too.