Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have people forgotten the "we are close " comments?

Because Whaley can't express himself properly. I always interpreted it as, "we were close."

Every year is different and I think it's obvious Bills either don't think they are close or don't care. They are trying to build "something sustainable" now.

Maybe because the leak is gun now and things are being behind the scenes?

LaCanfora had the McDermott hire before Vic and an hour before the Bills announced. I think some of these guys still have their bat phone.

The two reports (Breer's and Rotoworld's) aren't necessarily inconsistent.

No but a few other national guys like Rappaport and LaContortion (in that vein) said Olson was interviewing in Buff for the OC job yesterday, and if I'm not mistaken Chris Brown would tweet about Olson based on those reports, which always seemed bizarre to me. That's what I was referring to.

Or he's just not interested in interviewing while the Steelers are still in the playoffs. Nothing is obvious. We're both just guessing.

To some fans (you and I, perhaps) nothing it obvious, but to many posters EVERYTHING is completely obvious! :D

Has anyone called the Bills jerks for letting us whip ourselves into a 37 page frenzy about something that isn't even true!? The NERVE of them! Don't they know we preemptively thought of all the reasons to hate this hire for his failures? All this time wasted...

Someone go though and pull out all the choice "ways to fail" that we can apply to whomever is eventually hired.

No but a few other national guys like Rappaport and LaContortion (in that vein) said Olson was interviewing in Buff for the OC job yesterday, and if I'm not mistaken Chris Brown would tweet about Olson based on those reports, which always seemed bizarre to me. That's what I was referring to.

I understand - he may well have been scheduled to interview for the OC job, with the understanding that he wasn't the frontrunner.

One could say the same about you and numerous other people who tirelessly have posted their thoughts against Rex. Out of curiosity, have you or ndirish ever asked any of those guys (or yourselves) to stop with your "crusade" against Rex?

With respect, calling me a crusader may be the definition of "irony." I have felt like one lonely salmon swimming up stream in a sea of anti Rex posters carrying pitchforks.

Since you felt the need to point me out by name, I will respond. I am glad Rex is gone. I wasn't one of the people lobbying hard for his firing for the weeks leading up to the event, but I'm happy with it. I probably would have been moderately annoyed, but just fine with us keeping him had they gone in that direction. I have no crusade against Rex.

I AM quite tired of seeing you pop up in every single thread and turning things into you moaning about how he's gone and your feelings about it. Seriously, if there were a thread about milkshakes, your response would be "I bet you guys are happy Rex can't have milkshakes here anymore. Hope you're happy." Thread about Offensive Coordinators? "We wouldn't need a new OC if Rex were still here, you guys got what you wanted." It's old and it distracts from threads, please stop it. You pop up in here saying you aren't on a crusade because you never started a thread on the subject. Sorry, but that flies in the face of your posts here for the last 2 weeks and I'm going to call you on it.

I tend to think the "Olson a candidate for OC" talk was completely media-fueled speculation, and the Bills were likely going to talk to him about the QB coach position.

The oh-my-god-he-would-rather-coach-QBs-at-LA-than-be-OC-for-the-Bills line of thinking makes absolutely no sense.

Agent spin. He most likely had an interview to be QB coach but his agent floated OC to see if he could drum up a market. You know how you fix a busted resume? Coach up last year's number 1 pick, it's a no brainer to take that QB job over ours.

Since you felt the need to point me out by name, I will respond. I am glad Rex is gone. I wasn't one of the people lobbying hard for his firing for the weeks leading up to the event, but I'm happy with it. I probably would have been moderately annoyed, but just fine with us keeping him had they gone in that direction. I have no crusade against Rex.

I AM quite tired of seeing you pop up in every single thread and turning things into you moaning about how he's gone and your feelings about it. Seriously, if there were a thread about milkshakes, your response would be "I bet you guys are happy Rex can't have milkshakes here anymore. Hope you're happy." Thread about Offensive Coordinators? "We wouldn't need a new OC if Rex were still here, you guys got what you wanted." It's old and it distracts from threads, please stop it. You pop up in here saying you aren't on a crusade because you never started a thread on the subject. Sorry, but that flies in the face of your posts here for the last 2 weeks and I'm going to call you on it.

Your name popped up because I suspect that you have not told the anti Rex guys to "stop."

You also really need to read in context. My "offending post" which triggered the feint of heart was my response to Gunner Bill. Gunner Bill said McDermott likes to mix it up. I responded:

"Will he be allowed to mix it up with the Bills . . . or will our players complain that it is too difficult . . . ."

The horror!

You should block me or do not read what I write if it bothers you so much to have someone have a different opinion from yours.

At the end of the day, I have been posting here since before the re-set in 2001. I have been a Buffalo Bills fan since I could say the name "Jack Kemp." My family are charter Buffalo Bills season ticket holders, and I continue to be an out of town season holder even though I live in Miami.

I really do not need to be lectured by you. Just block me so that you can be protected from someone who has a different opinion or take that does not fall perfectly in line with yours.

God Bless.

Edited by Peter

Your name popped up because I suspect that you have not told the anti Rex guys to "stop."

You also really need to read in context. My "offending post" which triggered the feint of heart was my response to Gunner Bill. Gunner Bill said McDermott likes to mix it up. I responded:

"Will he be allowed to mix it up with the Bills . . . or will our players complain that it is too difficult . . . ."

The horror!

You should block me or do not read what I write if it bothers you so much to have someone have a different opinion from yours.

At the end of the day, I have been posting here since before the re-set in 2001. I have been a Buffalo Bills fan since I could say the name "Jack Kemp." My family are charter Buffalo Bills season ticket holders, and I continue to be an out of town season holder even though I live in Miami.

I really do not need to be lectured by you. Just block me so that you can be protected from someone who has a different opinion or take that does not fall perfectly in line with yours.

God Bless.

Wow, I didn't know we were presenting our bona fides! I will abstain from presenting mine, but I assure you I was around before the crash and lost my post count as well. I don't find your opinions at all out of bounds and I do appreciate much of the substance in your non-Rex related posts and I don't think you're mean-spirited so I don't think a block is in order. Perhaps we can agree though, that we are all cheering for the same team and very much want the Bills to bounce back as soon as possible and it may distract from the conversations on this board when people find ways to bring those conversations back around to something they're upset about? You seem like a good guy, don't let my disagreeing with your posts have a negative impact on your day or your experience here. We can agree to disagree.

Even McDaniels and Shanhan interviewed for gigs. But then teams requested them. But your take could be right. However Haley's name didn't come up last off-season for HC gigs of I remember correctly. Again, the others did.

If your take is right it tells me he doesn't really want to be a HC again because if a coach in playoffs doesn't want to interview before playoffs are over he will likely not get a job.

True enough. To be honest, I didnt like Haley after his time at KC, and Im not real high on him today, so I totally get where you are coming from. I was just using him as an example of the type of coach I'd look for. Offensive-based, qb-minded, from a perennial playoff team.

Wow, I didn't know we were presenting our bona fides! I will abstain from presenting mine, but I assure you I was around before the crash and lost my post count as well. I don't find your opinions at all out of bounds and I do appreciate much of the substance in your non-Rex related posts and I don't think you're mean-spirited so I don't think a block is in order. Perhaps we can agree though, that we are all cheering for the same team and very much want the Bills to bounce back as soon as possible and it may distract from the conversations on this board when people find ways to bring those conversations back around to something they're upset about? You seem like a good guy, don't let my disagreeing with your posts have a negative impact on your day or your experience here. We can agree to disagree.

I am perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. Clearly, I would not continue to be here if I were not. People disagree with me all the time. I have no problem with people voicing their well thought out opinion.

We are cheering for the same team (except when the Hurricanes are playing Notre Dame - I went to the game in South Bend this year. Beautiful campus and everyone was great).

Be well my friend.

P.S. I mentioned my "bona fides" to demonstrate that my (passionate) support of the Buffalo Bills and my participation here pre-date by decades my support for Rex.

Edited by Peter

I am perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. Clearly, I would not continue to be here if I were not. People disagree with me all the time. I have no problem with people voicing their well thought out opinion.

We are cheering for the same team (except when the Hurricanes are playing Notre Dame - I went to the game in South Bend this year. Beautiful campus and everyone was great).

Be well my friend.

I only mentioned

Sounds good! I'm jealous you got to go to South Bend, I miss it!