Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

I am sorry that you are unable to handle a dissenting voice. God forbid that anyone should disagree with the multiple anti Rex crusaders on this board. There was another ridiculous anti Rex thread that was started yesterday. I know some of you guys would prefer to be in a circle j--k.

I will continue to post my opinions and comments . . . sorry that I cannot accommodate your need for an echo chamber.

Methinks thou protesteth too much. There isn't a regular visitor to the forum who isn't acutely aware of your views on the subject, yet you continue to keep beating us over the head with them.

This isn't about offering a different opinion -- which is certainly welcome.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks thou protesteth too much. There isn't a regular visitor to the forum who isn't acutely aware of your views on the subject, yet you continue to keep beating us over the head with them.

Rex has already moved on and we should too.

C2T5hxDXUAMm2Np.jpg

Wrong.

I guess you're right. A-Lynn was previously a position coach who was OC for 14 games, running someone else's offensive scheme. Cooter, a previous position coach, has been an OC for an entire season, running a scheme he devised. So, yep, Cooter is likely better equipped to be a HC.

Still a serious question. The team fired the guy you wanted gone. We still are stuck with our mensa candidates.

Crusade? I have never started a thread on the subject buddy.

From someone who typically agrees with you, you have most definitely, without a doubt, been on the perfect example of a crusade. You're a couple posts away from going on temporary ignore.

You and Rex, and Ryan L and TT. Time for a break.

I guess you're right. A-Lynn was previously a position coach who was OC for 14 games, running someone else's offensive scheme. Cooter, a previous position coach, has been an OC for an entire season, running a scheme he devised. So, yep, Cooter is likely better equipped to be a HC.

No. Lynn has been in the NFL quite a bit longer and has interviewed for HC positions in previous years. There's a reason why he now has an NFL HC position while the great Jim Bob has never even been on an interview. Carry on.

I believe this. Obviously it was Rex's responsibility to manage his brother and he failed to do that - Rex strikes me as a coach/person who is too trusting (which is a compliment). But nevertheless, Rex deserved the ax for failing to reign in Rob.

Yup, especially since he wasn't forthright in Rob's responsibilities, and I fess up to falling for Rex's story.

Rex claimed that he's bringing Rob in to help with the positions and to help in communicating Rex's defense to the players. Nowhere did he mention that Rob would be the defacto DC.

There will only be 5-6 QB's to look at in the first few rounds. Whaley picked EJ and Cardale.

We need to hire the best QB scout from another team with Pegula Bucks and make them the QB czar.

The scouting process on these prospects is at least 80% done. You start scouting guys a year out with the Blesto group. Then you scout all fall and have the majority of your info. The combine and pro days either verify what you believe or send you back to the video. The interview process does the same on the personality end.

The scouting is already rolling on the 2018 draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yup, especially since he wasn't forthright in Rob's responsibilities, and I fess up to falling for Rex's story.

Rex claimed that he's bringing Rob in to help with the positions and to help in communicating Rex's defense to the players. Nowhere did he mention that Rob would be the defacto DC.

I can see how it happened though. Through the 4 game win streak, all we heard about was how good our Red Zone Defense was (and it was), and that Rob was in charge for gameplanning that and calling the plays. So I could see how his success there would lead to him taking over the entire D from Thurman (who was pretty much useless his 2 years here).

The scouting process on these prospects is at least 80% done. You start scouting guys a year out with the Blesto group. Then you scout all fall and have the majority of your info. The combine and pro days either verify what you believe or send you back to the video. The interview process does the same on the personality end.

The scouting is already rolling on the 2018 draft.

There are some Bills fans who believe Whaley and Co. dont look at underclassmen. Which is obviously ridiculous, but just sayin...

I can see how it happened though. Through the 4 game win streak, all we heard about was how good our Red Zone Defense was (and it was), and that Rob was in charge for gameplanning that and calling the plays. So I could see how his success there would lead to him taking over the entire D from Thurman (who was pretty much useless his 2 years here).

And that's my guess when the wheels fell off. Teams probably realized that the Bills were really running Rob's crappy defense and dusted off the 2014/2015 N.O. tapes. It's not an accident that the D went progressively downhill as Rob probably got more responsibility. it bore the exact hallmarks of his defenses, very stout on first 2 downs and then give up an easy 3rd down conversion, with nobody in the secondary close to a stop.

I believe this. Obviously it was Rex's responsibility to manage his brother and he failed to do that - Rex strikes me as a coach/person who is too trusting (which is a compliment). But nevertheless, Rex deserved the ax for failing to reign in Rob.

Rex is loyal to a fault. He had all of his buddies working with him whether that was the right move or not. Dennis Thurman is the DC yet Rob is running things by all accounts and Rex is calling the plays even when he doesn't know what plays they had game planned for during the week? Sounds like a mess. No wonder it didn't work

Why the F is this entire thread about Rex!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Rex is gone!!!!!

Either can this shitttttttt talk about him or change the god damn thread title to something more appropriate

Most people click on a thread based on a title and enter expecting one thing, THIS is not as advertised and highly annoying

Edited by PaattMaann

Come on, you know better than this. You have hijacked entire threads on your crusade. Not starting a thread on the matter doesn't absolve you of the million "hope you are all happy Rex is gone, you guys got what you wanted" posts you make in threads of any topic.

Hijack threads? Let's revisit my comment that set this back and forth off:

In response to Gunner Bill stating that McDermott likes to "mix it up," I posted:

"Will he be allowed to mix it up with the Bills . . . or will our players complain that it is too difficult . . . ."

Hmmm. As I mentioned, the former head coach is gone, but we still have the players who elicited Bart Scott's crayons comment (when he explained just how simple the other scheme was).

One could say the same about you and numerous other people who tirelessly have posted their thoughts against Rex. Out of curiosity, have you or ndirish ever asked any of those guys (or yourselves) to stop with your "crusade" against Rex?

I will continue to post my thoughts and add some perspective and context where I think appropriate. It is all fair game. Indeed, I keep on reading about Jim Schwartz on this site to this day.

The fact is that I am not particularly excited about the new staff. I hope we hired the next Bill Belichick in McDermott but who the hell really knows. As far as I can tell, no other team invited SM back for a second interview. I wanted to see who the guy hired as coordinators. So far, I am not particularly impressed . . . especially after initially reading that McDermott and McCoy were somehow joined at the hip. It may be that the best we can hope for now for OC is someone like Ken Dorsey (who may be out the door with the Panther anyway).

I am afraid we have taken a step back, and we are in rinse and repeat mode. I hope I am wrong about that. I have too much emotionally and financially invested in this team as an out of town season ticket holder of 30 years (whose Dad was a charter season ticket holder). I was a passionate Bills fan for many years before Rex . . . and will be a fan into the future.

It will be interesting to see whether the guys who gave the former coach little or no slack when it came to injuries and suspensions will be as parsimonious in this regard with Sean McDermott.

From someone who typically agrees with you, you have most definitely, without a doubt, been on the perfect example of a crusade. You're a couple posts away from going on temporary ignore.

You and Rex, and Ryan L and TT. Time for a break.

With respect, calling me a crusader may be the definition of "irony." I have felt like one lonely salmon swimming up stream in a sea of anti Rex posters carrying pitchforks.

People make mistakes but THIS could be whats keeping teams away from Jim Bob IF they were to be interested its gonna be a little longer to let the stench of this incident wear off....

Cooter was arrested in 2006 for DUI, but he was arrested again for a more serious and bizarre offense in 2009. According to WVLT in Knoxville, Tenn., Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day.

Why the F is this entire thread about Rex!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Rex is gone!!!!!

Either can this shitttttttt talk about him or change the god damn thread title to something more appropriate

Most people click on a thread based on a title and enter expecting one thing, THIS is not as advertised and highly annoying

Easy Pat easy.....You're going to blow a vein.

I'm still trying to figure out how this conversation is going to turn towards Tyrod. There's gotta be a way. Where are those Tyrod haters when you need em?

Edited by PolishDave

One could say the same about you and numerous other people who tirelessly have posted their thoughts against Rex. Out of curiosity, have you or ndirish ever asked any of those guys (or yourselves) to stop with your "crusade" against Rex?

With respect, calling me a crusader may be the definition of "irony." I have felt like one lonely salmon swimming up stream in a sea of anti Rex posters carrying pitchforks.

The fact you call me an anti-Rex crusader is pretty funny. I defended Rex until he became indefensible, 2/3 of the way through the year.

I have always found you to be a pretty sensible poster, which is why this crusade of yours has caught me (and apparently others) off guard.

The fact you call me an anti-Rex crusader is pretty funny. I defended Rex until he became indefensible, 2/3 of the way through the year.

I have always found you to be a pretty sensible poster, which is why this crusade of yours has caught me (and apparently others) off guard.

I try to be (sensible).

I happen to disagree with those that post frequently on the subject here . . . as well as ownership. That puts me in the minority of many of the active posters and those that matter (the Pegulas).

I am passionate about the Bills and feel strongly about this subject. I still think it was a mistake . . . especially after re-reading this comment from Terry Pegula just a year ago:

"Kim (Pegula), Russ (Brandon) and I look forward to working and collaborating with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan in forming a winning future for the organization," Pegula continued. "Our management team and coaching staff are very capable and work well together. This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612634/article/buffalo-bills-confirm-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-will-stay

I still believe what Terry said then.

A year has gone by, and we have a new coach. I hope that he turns out to be great . . . but there is nothing that I can point to that gives me any conviction one way or the other about the guy. I was hoping for better coordinators. That does not look like it is going to happen. We have a rookie head coach and we are doing the same thing that we did in:

. . . start over.

Go Bills!

Edited by Peter

It doesn't have to be a group to be a crusade. It's obvious you feel strongly. We're trying to tell you that it isn't "you vs the world" as you perceive, but that is exactly what feeds into your crusade.

I, like eball, usually stick with the team until they prove indefensible. And I usually have another thermos full of kool-aid in reserve. But my man, it was one coach and he deserved to get fired, move on.

I try to be (sensible).

I happen to disagree with those that post frequently on the subject here . . . as well as ownership. That puts me in the minority of many of the active posters and those that matter (the Pegulas).

I am passionate about the Bills and feel strongly about this subject. I still think it was a mistake . . . especially after re-reading this comment from Terry Pegula just a year ago:

"Kim (Pegula), Russ (Brandon) and I look forward to working and collaborating with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan in forming a winning future for the organization," Pegula continued. "Our management team and coaching staff are very capable and work well together. This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612634/article/buffalo-bills-confirm-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-will-stay

I still believe what Terry said then.

A year has gone by, and we have a new coach. I hope that he turns out to be great . . . but there is nothing that I can point to that gives me any conviction one way or the other about the guy. I was hoping for better coordinators. That does not look like it is going to happen. We have a rookie head coach and we are doing the same thing that we did in:

Note that nowhere does Terry mention the collaboration with Rob Ryan. We have seen that Pegulas can be loyal to a fault, and I'm guessing they were also dismayed at how much influence Rex gave Rob, and the resulting product on the field. My guess is that Rex still has the job if he didn't petition to bring Rob on his staff.

And that's my guess when the wheels fell off. Teams probably realized that the Bills were really running Rob's crappy defense and dusted off the 2014/2015 N.O. tapes. It's not an accident that the D went progressively downhill as Rob probably got more responsibility. it bore the exact hallmarks of his defenses, very stout on first 2 downs and then give up an easy 3rd down conversion, with nobody in the secondary close to a stop.

That would probably be a very good guess! :thumbsup:

It doesn't have to be a group to be a crusade. It's obvious you feel strongly. We're trying to tell you that it isn't "you vs the world" as you perceive, but that is exactly what feeds into your crusade.

I, like eball, usually stick with the team until they prove indefensible. And I usually have another thermos full of kool-aid in reserve. But my man, it was one coach and he deserved to get fired, move on.

I appreciate your comments.

I will continue to post my views on this and any other subjects. [Please take note of my comment about our players that started this back and forth]. My comments are not meant as any disrespect to anyone. I have a habit of defending those that I think should be defended or on whom others pile on.

They are just my views. As much as I am enjoying the Sous Vide thread in Off the Wall, I will continue to offer my views here as I have many years before RR was hired as coach . . . .

Note that nowhere does Terry mention the collaboration with Rob Ryan. We have seen that Pegulas can be loyal to a fault, and I'm guessing they were also dismayed at how much influence Rex gave Rob, and the resulting product on the field. My guess is that Rex still has the job if he didn't petition to bring Rob on his staff.

That could be. I wish I knew more (with certainty) about what the thinking was.