Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we all have a tendency to think the most negative here (we are Bills fans after all) ...but I honestly think the Bills OC job is pretty damn attractive...the Bills have weapons (Clay, Shady, Sammy, Dizzy), an established O-line under contract, a serviceable QB option or the ability to impact who they go after....not bad..

I was thinking of posting something like this earlier but forgot. I agree, the Bills have talent at the skill positions, 4/5ths of a good O-line, and are in position to get a potential franchise quarterback in the draft.

I know we all have a tendency to think the most negative here (we are Bills fans after all) ...but I honestly think the Bills OC job is pretty damn attractive...the Bills have weapons (Clay, Shady, Sammy, Dizzy), an established O-line under contract, a serviceable QB option or the ability to impact who they go after....not bad..

Unless they told Olson that their plan is to release Tyrod and tank.

I might add, there is no official confirmation the Bills planned to offer Olson the OC job...is there? There's certainly nothing on the team website about even an interview -- that was all speculation from reporters.

Nothing other than reports in the media and guys here posting approximately 700 posts on the subject.

I tend to think the "Olson a candidate for OC" talk was completely media-fueled speculation, and the Bills were likely going to talk to him about the QB coach position.

The oh-my-god-he-would-rather-coach-QBs-at-LA-than-be-OC-for-the-Bills line of thinking makes absolutely no sense.

Jesus, Bills fans with BBFS will buy anything. A guy like Olson with a horrible track record as an OC is fired by a crappy Jags team, and yet we believe (because the media reports it) that he is a "favored" candidate for the Bills OC job. Much hand-wringing ensues.

And then, when it's reported he will take a QB coaching position in LA we bemoan the fact that he turned down the Bills for LA.

It really is quite unbelievable.

Jesus, Bills fans with BBFS will buy anything. A guy like Olson with a horrible track record as an OC is fired by a crappy Jags team, and yet we believe (because the media reports it) that he is a "favored" candidate for the Bills OC job. Much hand-wringing ensues.

And then, when it's reported he will take a QB coaching position in LA we bemoan the fact that he turned down the Bills for LA.

It really is quite unbelievable.

Agreed. I will say though that any Bills fan has/had a right to be miffed that our alleged top OC candidates were Olson and Childress. Not exactly the Don Shulas of the world.