Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't derail the topic anymore on Cooter. Basically he has the qualities I would want in head coach. Defensive systems depends more on raw talent than offense.

I believe the QB position is the most important on the field and the the new NFL is based on outscoring people, not bend but don't break Cover 2 schemes.

Frazier could be a good assistant but if he calls the plays they will be predictable and conservative with no pass-rush.

You do realize that Frazier's defenses have been outstanding against the run, and the Bills suck against the run. And, that we have a new HC who is usually outstanding against the pass.

You're new around he I see, you'll learn you can't come on here and just BS opinions. People on here will smell it and chew you up.

I would also add we have a run game coordinator, we are now looking for someone to help the Passing game. I think that kind of attention to both aspects is very refreshing as a Bills fan.

Edited by horned dogs

I won't derail the topic anymore on Cooter. Basically he has the qualities I would want in head coach. Defensive systems depends more on raw talent than offense.

I believe the QB position is the most important on the field and the the new NFL is based on outscoring people, not bend but don't break Cover 2 schemes.

Frazier could be a good assistant but if he calls the plays they will be predictable and conservative with no pass-rush.

Cooter became an OC during the 2015 season. He also had a Pro Bowl QB in Stafford. The QB matters. A lot. Again look at how Belichick and Carroll looked with and without Brady and WIlson, respectively. As for Frazier...

Frazier will be running McDermott's scheme. He has experience in coaching McDermott's scheme in that it is derived from the Jim Johnson defense.

This. I've heard others claim that since Frazier (and LB coach Bob Babich) ran the Tampa-2 that that's what the Bills will be running. Wrong!

You do realize that Frazier's defenses have been outstanding against the run, and the Bills suck against the run. And, that we have a new HC who is usually outstanding against the pass.

You're new around he I see, you'll learn you can't come on here and just BS opinions. People on here will smell it and chew you up.

I would also add we have a run game coordinator, we are now looking for someone to help the Passing game. I think that kind of attention to both aspects is very refreshing as a Bills fan.

Wow, internet tough guy. Your opinions are even lower now when you lash out and can't maintain a conversation.

What does that even mean? What would be a coaching staff that is "QB-centric"?

Dallas Cowboys: Jason Garrett HC, Scott Linehan OC, Wade Wilson QB Coach. Not only were all 3 NFL QBs, but they were also Dallas Cowboys QBs. They have developed and implemented a system over the years that allowed a 4th round rookie QB to step in and go 14-2. That is a support structure from the top down of everyone understanding what has to happen for the QB to succeed.

Philadelphia Eagles: Doug Pederson HC, Frank Reich OC, John DiFilippo QB Coach. Pederson and Reich were NFL QBs, Pederson was even the Eagle QB that was brought in to provide vet leadership and help with developing McNabb. While DiFilippo was never an NFL QB, he played the position through college, and has ONLY been a QB coach/OC through his entire coaching career. This allowed them to start Carson Wentz his rookie year with pretty decent success (for a rookie).

As opposed to:

The Bills with Rex, and RB-focused OCs. Or the Rams with Fisher, which were more D-based, and instead of developing Goff watched him regress. And now we basically have a combination of those two staffs. Good luck to ANY qb we bring in.

No I'm pretty typical on this forum. Name calling jeez.

Take the advice and be better prepared.

You sound very sensitive. Hey, if you don't want to hear opinions that could differ from yours the internet can be a dangerous place. Why don't you stop with the animosity and just shoot down my argument.

Wow, internet tough guy. Your opinions are even lower now when you lash out and can't maintain a conversation.

really you thought that reply was "internet tough guy" speak

You haven't seen anything yet then.. That was mild and quite well written with nothing tough guy about it

I already did, you called the Frazier hiring a big red flag- remember

Why does questioning a Bills hire demonstrate personal animosity to you? We're all guessing and trying to read the tea leaves at this point. McDermott said he hasn't decided if he will call the plays. Based on Frazier's recent track record I would be concerned if Mcdermott delegates these duties to Frazier.

lol oh, so the new offensive coordinator gets credit for how the defense and special teams perform in this case?

Sorry, I thought you saw this. Here's what I posted earlier in the thread to you.

"Detroit clearly looked like the worst team in the NFL to begin last season, ranking 29th in points and 32nd in turnovers after seven games. They fired offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and promoted Cooter, winning six of their last eight games with an improved and balanced offensive attack."

Why does questioning a Bills hire demonstrate personal animosity to you? We're all guessing and trying to read the tea leaves at this point. McDermott said he hasn't decided if he will call the plays. Based on Frazier's recent track record I would be concerned if Mcdermott delegates these duties to Frazier.

Personallly, I'll be more concerned if he doesn't delegate those duties. What's the point of bringing someone in with so much experience if you can't trust him to run his own show? Frankly, I want to see McDermott remove himself from that type of minutiae and be the "CEO". If McDermott's still calling plays, then he's just the DC.

Personallly, I'll be more concerned if he doesn't delegate those duties. What's the point of bringing someone in with so much experience if you can't trust him to run his own show? Frankly, I want to see McDermott remove himself from that type of minutiae and be the "CEO". If McDermott's still calling plays, then he's just the DC.

Agree!^^^^

No animosity dude. Have a good day.

As opposed to:

The Bills with Rex, and RB-focused OCs. Or the Rams with Fisher, which were more D-based, and instead of developing Goff watched him regress. And now we basically have a combination of those two staffs. Good luck to ANY qb we bring in.

We do?

I do think he should delegate a lot to Frazier and have Frazier do most of the DC work. But on gameday you can call the plays and manage the game. Sean Payton does it.

I'm not calling McDermott a failure. Olson hasn't been hired yet. But the Leslie Frazier hiring was a big red flag

Frazier will be running McDermott's scheme. He has experience in coaching McDermott's scheme in that it is derived from the Jim Johnson defense.

He continues to ignore this point in multiple threads.

@jeffismagic -- care to respond? You really do seem to be ignoring GunnerBill's post while you focus on a Cooter lovefest and ripping McD's decisions to date.

The smart thing for McD to do is bring in veteran coordinators who are capable of implementing McD's philosophies. Frazier fits that mold to a T.