Potential Bidding War over McCoy?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy would be smart to woo Bronco and Bills to maximize his new contract. Maybe that's what's in play here. SInce Lynn is still under contract with Bills, he is also still an option. Sean would be crazy not to consider this option.

GO BILLS!

Should have made the subject Brilliant Brainsplosion.

Edited by jeremy2020

Yeah but unless Lynn professes how he wants to be here in Buffalo, the team that decided not to make him their next HC, now they want him to continue on as the OC. Yes I get it that he's under contract, but at this level, unless the guy for some strange reason has 0% bitterness towards the Bills, no regrets at all, he'll be gone. Can't recall of other times when a guy presently on staff interviewed for HC position of same team, was not selected, but then went back to his old position on the staff. It just doesn't work that way

McCoy would be smart to woo Bronco and Bills to maximize his new contract. Maybe that's what's in play here. SInce Lynn is still under contract with Bills, he is also still an option. Sean would be crazy not to consider this option.

GO BILLS!

I wonder what Mrs. McCoy thinks. Therein may lie the answer. Did they enjoy their time in Denver the first time around. Do they already have friends there etc.

Also, if Vance Joseph is not able to rise to the occasion, McCoy would be there to assume control.

Who knows what is important to him and his family. Maybe they have ties to Buffalo. Maybe the Pegulas will make them an offer they cannot refuse.

I wonder what Mrs. McCoy thinks. Therein may lie the answer. Did they enjoy their time in Denver the first time around. Do they already have friends there etc.

Also, if Vance Joseph is not able to rise to the occasion, McCoy would be there to assume control.

Who knows what is important to him and his family. Maybe they have ties to Buffalo. Maybe the Pegulas will make them an offer they cannot refuse.

well... I follow the Chargers quite a bit. They go back to Denver a lot. They loved Cali. He has HS age kids. They went to college in Utah. Unless there is a huge difference in pay or he hates Elway I think they will be Denver bound.

Yeah but unless Lynn professes how he wants to be here in Buffalo, the team that decided not to make him their next HC, now they want him to continue on as the OC. Yes I get it that he's under contract, but at this level, unless the guy for some strange reason has 0% bitterness towards the Bills, no regrets at all, he'll be gone. Can't recall of other times when a guy presently on staff interviewed for HC position of same team, was not selected, but then went back to his old position on the staff. It just doesn't work that way

After not hiring Schwartz, the Bills did offer him the opportunity to stay on the staff(it may have just been for show). It didn't work out, but Schwartz was willing to stay.

I think McCoy is still being paid by the Chargers. There may be a clause in his Chargers contract that says any salary he gets in his next NFL Coaching job, if its as a position coach, administrative aid, coordinator, assistant head coach or head coach reduces the Chargers liability. So unless the new salary exceeds his head coaching salary with the Chargers -- its probably not a factor.

Edited by JoeF

I hear ya and no doubt we would not want to hold Lynn hostage, but the flip side is that he started the season as RB coach, was elevated to OC and considered for HC. If he doesn't get a HC offer I could see him staying. The career path to HC in the NFL is not always from the org that you got your start in.

Oh yeah there are. No salary cap for coaches. It's a great place for a free spending owner to go nuts.

OK, but does it happen? I can't recall a OC/DC going to a new city based on $$

Maybe Garret waiting his turn in Dallas.

I think McCoy is still being paid by the Chargers. There may be a clause in his Chargers contract that says any salary he gets in his next NFL Coaching job, if its as a position coach, administrative aid, coordinator, assistant head coach or head coach reduces the Chargers liability. So unless the new salary exceeds his head coaching salary with the Chargers -- its probably not a factor.

he has 1 year left on his deal (signed a 1 year extension last year)

I like the McCoy bent, but Musgrave should not be overlooked. Man led an prodigious Offense and had it not been for an injury to Carr, who knows if Oakland would still be playing. Musgrave also has to his benefit, as mentioned above, worked with and developed a young QB and was the Vikes OC the year Peterson ran for 2,000 yards. Interesting and certainly a well qualified candidate.

Edited by BigBuff423