Rob Quinn on Trubisky replacing Tyrod

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that QBs can be drafted anywhere thats what i meant with my earlier post. There's just as much upside potential to be had anywhere in the draft, don't necessarily have to reach at 10

these could be available, not sure i'm trading for any of them but I do like McCarron.

Sorry Baaad, I misunderstood what you were saying. I agree. I even agree that if the pick was not too high I would trade for McCarron. He has it between the ears. He would be a perfect game manager while we develop our QB of the future. He may not have the cannon for maximizing Watkins, but he could be there making us competitive at a reasonable price. If the cap price was low enough we could sign our own FAs the new coach wants, bring in a top quality FA RT. Whoever we develop, building a solid O Line to protect them like Dallas has is #1 priority in my mind. I would prefer we look for a trade down partner that still allowed us to draft a top 5 QB. We have so many needs. We need 1,if not 2 starting S, I assume Williams will do what is best for his health and retire, I have always been a Graham fan, but think the wear and tear is getting the best of him, not sure he would last the season at S anymore. We need to draft a #2 WR high. Woods is good but will not be worth what someone will be willing to pay for him.We need a bookend for Watkins. If we either let TT go or (doubtful) he agrees to renegotiate, we can afford to try to resign Gilmore under the cap and bring back the new coach's choices on Brown, Lorax. Assuming we go to a 4-3 DC, our needs at D are not as overwhelming as it appears now.(assuming Kyle stays one final year)

If the new coach wants to maximize Watkins and a speedy deep passing game I could live with a Glennon as an interm QB while we develop our new QB from among our new draft choice and CJ. I do worry about his turnover potential, but he has the arm to make them all. I would even be willing to gamble a high draft pick on Kelly in addition to the top 5 QB pick. High picks rarely work out anyway, take a gamble. Let the Vet whoever it is, CJ and new rookie fight it out for the starter. If one actually outplays the vet, give them a shot, otherwise develop them this year and let them fight it out again next year.

Unless TT is willing to renegotiate his cap hit, he should be gone. The time to build for the future starts this year. Give whoever the QB is the protection by building the Oline and giving them a bookend #2 for Watkins.

Edited by simpleman

Every year QBs get pushed to the top of the draft (except the EJ year LOL, what does that tell you?). Watson and Trubinsky are going 1-2 in a QB-starved league. If the Bills want one of them they're going to have to pay a hefty sum - and I'd be fine with it. Time to take a swing for the fences.

I understand the point you're making. I think to me, to perceive it as objectivity, it would need to include a little more balanced assessment of Tyrod. For example, while stating the truth about the passing game, could add a sentence "the Bills had the #6 points-for offense through Week 16 and Taylor stood at #12 in Cold Hard Football Facts real Quarterback rating ( which includes both a QB's rushing and passing attempts).

When writing about draft prospects, won't you be including both pluses and minuses to their game, as well as why you think they might make logical sense to the team?

Can't argue with you there. The question pieces are moreso when players are hyped. The spotlight scouting reports highlight pluses/minuses. I wrote a piece on 4 reasons Bills would be foolish to let Tyrod walk. Part of my job is writing on newsworthy content. Trubisky declared, and the nature of the beast means throwing Tyrod in there. I have another post on Tyrod that I have planned soon about his efficiency with stats and rankings from PFF premium compared to other quarterbacks which some may like, some may dismiss. Not everyone will agree, some will have preconceived notions and I totally get that. If you take that as objectivity, partly, it is, as it's my job to present both sides. If i wrote my opinion for every single post, it'd be a blog and I'd be out of a job. I do appreciate all the commentary and insight in here though, as I agree with most of the sentiments and can see both sides of the keep tyrod/let tyrod go argument.

Love the thought of Kelly as backup insurance.

It'll be fine if it comes at the expense of the next Duke Williams or random nobody in the draft

Duke Williams smh. Wat a waste. This is why smart teams draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS > GREAT ATHLETES. Just look up the Darron Lee stuff on the Jets. Great athlete but not a football player. The opposite of Ragland great football player, not a super athlete. Interesting to see how that will play out.

It would be a godsend for the Broncos if TT was released. With TT, and an above average or better defense, Denver wins the AFCW and the SB.

And the Bills join the Browns in extreme disaster. Johnny Football, anyone? RGIII? That's what we have to look forward to.

Or the Bills could keep TT with all his flaws and strengths, fix the D, get a couple of better receivers, and build instead of destroy.

I would really like to see that. I fcks with the Broncos their like my 4th team to watch. They have CJ Anderson and that new kid at RB, add TT and some more Offensive linemen and that would be crazy. Tyrod would have Sanders, DT, and whats his face to throw the ball to when hes not scrambling for a 1st and 24.

I do appreciate all the commentary and insight in here though, as I agree with most of the sentiments and can see both sides of the keep tyrod/let tyrod go argument.

Right. Every objective person can see reasons for both sides regardless of what their opinion is.

Edited by Marty McFly

Duke Williams smh. Wat a waste. This is why smart teams draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS > GREAT ATHLETES. Just look up the Darron Lee stuff on the Jets. Great athlete but not a football player. The opposite of Ragland great football player, not a super athlete. Interesting to see how that will play out.

Duke Williams wants to be a reality TV star - he doesn't study hard and doesn't love the game. A waste indeed.

Mel Kiper thinks Trubiniski will suck.

Well if Mel says so then trade as much as you can and grab this guy.. He'll be the next Brady then.. Mel throws darts at a dart board for his picks

• 5 weeks later...

Sure. All in for a mediocre QB that's only on the rise because he's being drafted in a piss poor QB class.

A 6'3" QB that threw darts over the middle. Is that all it takes to play QB in this league? LOL.

Well if Mel says so then trade as much as you can and grab this guy.. He'll be the next Brady then.. Mel throws darts at a dart board for his picks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784491/article/mayock-id-be-scared-to-death-to-draft-qb-in-top-10-this-year

Mike Mayock is more knowledgeable IMO.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Sure. All in for a mediocre QB that's only on the rise because he's being drafted in a piss poor QB class.

A 6'3" QB that threw darts over the middle. Is that all it takes to play QB in this league? LOL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784491/article/mayock-id-be-scared-to-death-to-draft-qb-in-top-10-this-year

Is he your favorite of the guessers ?

Some say he's being drafted for his accuracy and his back to back to back 400 yard games without a single int. Your story's cool too though.

Let's not draft a qb and stick with the 30th ranked passing offense, that's the heady play.

Playoff teams all passed really well for some reason.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

For what it's worth, heard Bill Polian earlier on ESPNs Mike &Mike and he doesn't think any of the QBs in this year's draft are close to being ready to play in the NFL

For what it's worth, heard Bill Polian earlier on ESPNs Mike &Mike and he doesn't think any of the QBs in this year's draft are close to being ready to play in the NFL

I love Bill Polian but when did he ever find a QB? He started with Jim Kelly and then got the #1 pick the year Peyton Manning came out.