Rob Quinn on Trubisky replacing Tyrod

Give it up dude. I already said you're right. EJ Manuel is great. Tyrod sucks.

I didn't switch anything. My point is this guy has no idea about anything. The fact that he liked Geno Smith, EJ Smith and Tyler Wilson says enough. Now Trubisky? Really. Don't quit your day job.

The don't quit your day job and lols get funnier when you repeat them.

Sorry Taylor let you down. Lol omg lol omg.

Trubisky will be the first qb drafted for a reason. You have no point to make.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. There's no way to discount Wilson's final year, at Wisconsin, which was capped by a phenomenal game in the Rose Bowl. Trubisky's thin body of work, which came against generally mediocre opponents, is definitely a concern: 6-5 against Division 1 opponents.

It isn't Trubisky's record.

It is his team's record.

This either or argument makes no sense. Why can't we draft high for a QB (like Mitch if he's a fit) AND keep Tyrod?

Because at two years for $40.5 mill guaranteed, Tyrod would be the most expensive bridge QB in the history of the NFL and by a huge margin.

If you keep Tyrod, it should be because you believe in him as a potential franchise QB. If he stays here for five years and becomes a franchise QB, he will be a great bargain at $18 mill per year. I don't see that happening, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

But if he is only a bridge QB for two years, $20 mill per year is outrageous and you'll be hurting the chances of the future team's overall success by spending that money. If you want a bridge QB, bring in a cheap one. Doesn't matter if he isn't as good, as a few extra losses the next couple of years would only help us draft better anyway. And it should ideally be a guy who could then act as a mentor / 2nd QB coach for the young draftee, a guy in his thirties who's done bridge jobs before.

Edited by Thurman#1

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/2017-nfl-draft-could-bills-replace-tyrod-taylor-with-unc-qb-mitch-trubiski/

"Taylors struggles throughout the 2016 season are well documented. He failed to show much, if any, progression as a passer in his second year as Buffalos starting quarterback. The Bills passing offense was 30th in the NFL, averaging less than 200 yards-per-game through the air and Taylor threw for just 3,023 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions"

Everything the cot ignores in one paragraph! All in for Mitch !

Ridiculous on so many levels.